Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN - Brady no longer top 5

The reason we don't like Brady is simple: he's a Patriot. If he were a Jet, we'd be defending him from Patriots fans insulting him. It's really the same for just about any player of a rival team. Guarantee that you'd be hearing Jet fans insulting guys like Wilk and Sheldon if they were Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Hey, this is OT, but I actually don't think Jeter should be in the HOF. He was never the best player on his team, let alone in the league. He wasn't even the best shortstop on his team. He never won an MVP, and was lucky to be on great teams throughout most of his career.?

He has a rep for getting big hits in the post season, but when you are in the post season 95% of your career your going to get some hits. Just a completely over rated guy. A great Yankee, but not an all time great.

Full disclosure I ahte t Yankees.
    Jeter is currently 9th all time in hits, and will probably finish in 6th when he is done, you are delusional to suggest he doesn't belong in the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No he doesn't. Jeter doesn't make cracks about being held to a score like Brady vs the Giants. Brady comes off like a whiney sh1t who cries to refs, Jeter doesn't make excuses. Think what you want bit from someone who dislikes both teams, there is a difference.
    +1. Even as a Pats fan, I don't think there's any question that Jeter is more likable than Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No he doesn't. Jeter doesn't make cracks about being held to a score like Brady vs the Giants. Brady comes off like a whiney sh1t who cries to refs, Jeter doesn't make excuses. Think what you want bit from someone who dislikes both teams, there is a difference.
    That was 7 years ago, and a very brief comment coming off an MVP season sitting at 18-0. If there's ever a time to be cocky as a QB, that had better be it. But Brady really doesn't ever say much about opponents except the usual candid, "I guess I hate the Jets." He's not an off-field trash-talker at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    The problem is he takes on the persona of his classless, cheating, scummy HC.
    Bingo. People see Brady as an extension on the field of Belichick's arrogance. It's impossible not to think of Brady in the same way.

All Pro
    Lmaooo some of y'all are funny. And there right he isn't top 5. He is top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The reason we don't like Brady is simple: he's a Patriot. If he were a Jet, we'd be defending him from Patriots fans insulting him. It's really the same for just about any player of a rival team. Guarantee that you'd be hearing Jet fans insulting guys like Wilk and Sheldon if they were Patriots.
    Who would do that? They are beasts, no Pats fan would disagree. Just like most Pats fans hated Revis but appreciated his greatness at the position. In Revis' case, it's actually the Jets fans who are doing a reverse-hatred on the player, some actually denouncing his relevance to the team.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Bingo. People see Brady as an extension on the field of Belichick's arrogance. It's impossible not to think of Brady in the same way.
    Shame on him then. He acts like a ***** on the field.

Then he walks around like Bruno off the field...all over in NYC.

Class is Tom Coughlin and Eli. Not those two nasty phucks.

There have been like 5 WR's in the last decade that Brady has been able to play nicely with (slight exaggeration, but you get the point). Everyone else he doghouses, complains about, or throws under the bus in some way, often publicly. Jeter does not seem to treat his teammates the same way. Nor does he complain to officials as frequently or demonstratively as Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    There have been like 5 WR's in the last decade that Brady has been able to play nicely with (slight exaggeration, but you get the point). Everyone else he doghouses, complains about, or throws under the bus in some way, often publicly. Jeter does not seem to treat his teammates the same way. Nor does he complain to officials as frequently or demonstratively as Brady.
    Brady doghouses players and throws them under the bus, often publicly? Who are you talking about? This assertion is way out in left field.

If he's only played nice with "5 WRs in the last decade" and thrown "everyone else" under the bus, I expect a long list of players Brady has complained and **** about. I expect a very long list, based on your assertion, so back it up.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-04-2014 at 11:49 PM.

The word "class" is the most retarded word used to describe athletes. I wouldn't give a $hit if Geno was perceived as classless by other fan bases if he's out there winning SBs. Same with Rex. Other fans who describe players I root for on my team as classless like its suppose to hurt my feelings are retarded

"Oh no, you think he's classless, I wish he didn't play for my team and win us Super Bowls"

Rookie
    Brady doghouses players and throws them under the bus? Who are you talking about?
    Name 5 from last year...that's a start. I'm not sure if i've seen a QB act so lousy towards teammates than he did just last season

Brady doghouses players and throws them under the bus? Who are you talking about?
    You follow the team, right? Easier to list the players I'm not talking about: Troy Brown, Givens, Branch, Patten, Moss, Welker and Edelman come immediately to mind.

You follow the team, right? Easier to list the players I'm not talking about: Troy Brown, Givens, Branch, Patten, Moss, Welker and Edelman come immediately to mind.
    Does not throwing to players who suck constitute as "throwing them under the bus?" I just want a few instances of Brady publicly calling out his teammates over the course of his career. You claim he does it all the time "often publicly," so I should be able to find a ton of articles to back this up.

AFCEastFan, you've got a long way to go to prove the claim:

"Everyone else he doghouses, complains about, or throws under the bus in some way, often publicly."
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-05-2014 at 12:08 AM.

Does not throwing to players who suck constitute as "throwing them under the bus?" I just want a few instances of Brady publicly calling out his teammates over the course of his career. You claim he does it all the time "often publicly," so I should be able to find a ton of articles to back this up.
    No. Not throwing to players who suck is doghousing.

Rookie
    What did he do? Act frustrated about them dropping balls. I won't justify that, but the JI GMs around here will quickly point out how much crap Brady has been given to play with, and how a HOF QBs should be whining about it.

And that doesn't excuse the assertion of "most of his career"
    I don't care about the 'JI GM's' around here. I find it amusing that a Brady shill wants to spend his time comparing Brady to Jeter on a Jets board, where his original premise was more about the Jets fans than anything.

Now that's class right there!!
    Last edited by JohnJ; 06-05-2014 at 12:16 AM.

No. Not throwing to players who suck is doghousing.
    So establish your assertion that Brady calls out his receivers "often publicly."

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Sorry but no. If they did an Uggs photo shoot I'd make fun of them right now. No one was making fun of Seymor, or Ty Law.

I don't care about the 'JI GM's' around here. I find it amusing that a Brady shill wants to spend his time comparing Brady to Jeter on a Jets board, where his original premise was more the Jets fans than anything.

Now that's class right there!!
    I never brought up Jeter to begin with. But the psychology of the fans who hate on Brady is based on similar reasons for hating on Jeter. Hating on winners who have beaten their favorite teams badly for a long period of time.

Some Jets fans who are a bit more mentally challenged just want to slam the drums they were given and yell, "Brady cheated!" but that hardly covers the full discussion of his place in NFL and Jets-Pats history. At least it shouldn't.

All Pro

Coughlin? You mean the guy that chases players down to scream in their face on TV? That guy?