Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN - Brady no longer top 5

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Brady's gay
    Excellent point..lol

He's starting to look and act like Bruno....Giselle gotta be puttin' the strap on to him....great QB tho

Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    Excellent point..lol

He's starting to look and act like Bruno....Giselle gotta be puttin' the strap on to him....great QB tho
    That entire monologue, and that's what you took from it, eh?

I should start with a joke next time.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Some questions.

If Belichick is so lousy at talent evaluation, how did Brady end up with all of those elite weapons I'm hearing about?

And who exactly are those elite weapons?

If Brady has all day to throw (as some suggest here) why are his sack totals higher than the other top QB's?

Some comments.

Pick any 5 year stretch of Brady's playing career or use all of it (not counting 2008 when he didn't play) and the Pats have the best record of any team in the NFL during that time.

With Brady as the QB in 12 seasons, the Pats have;**************************************
    Made the playoffs every year but one (lost on a tiebreaker).
    Made the Conference championship game 8 times (including the last 3 years.
    Went on to the SB for 5 of those 8 years.
    Won the SB 3 of those years.

Let me know of another QB who comes close to that level of accomplishment.

I guess elite has a different meaning here.

easy to do with cameras and wireless mics in your ear.

fixed

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    In fairness, he's had very little in the way of weapons - and constant turnover.
    Dumb article and lame attempt by ESPN to not look like a Boston homer cable network. Brady is arguably the best qb in the NFL with trash at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It seems he can't throw the deep ball as well anymore, like Peyton. That may be why he hasn't had big name deep threat type WR's anymore.
    Who's supposed to be the deep threat on that roster? Kenbrell Thompkins? I think that guy was a Unrestricted rookie free agent. Without Brady last year's Pats team was a 2-14 football team. Look at what happened to the Colts in '11 when they lost Peyton - ditto would have happened to New England if they lost Brady to injury last year.

Julian Edelman, a college quarterback, is Brady's best receiver. That's saying something.

He took a team with his leading receiver being Julian Edelman, a former college option QB, to a 12 win season and the brink of the Super Bowl.

Yeah, he's not Top 5.

I hate the offseason.

Is he declining? Sure. Everyone does. Father time is undefeated, however, there aren't 5 QB's in the NFL better than Brady. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Without Brady last year's Pats team was a 2-14 football team. Look at what happened to the Colts in '11 when they lost Peyton - ditto would have happened to New England if they lost Brady to injury last year.
    Nice try Gisele. The 2013 Patriots are at least a 7-win team without Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Most of these Pats fans will go back to being niner fans in a couple of years
    Every time they lose I rush into the closet and start fabrezing my backup team gear. I bought one of those zombie survival bug out bags and loaded it with 5 different team jerseys because preparation is my middle name.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Who's supposed to be the deep threat on that roster? Kenbrell Thompkins? I think that guy was a Unrestricted rookie free agent. Without Brady last year's Pats team was a 2-14 football team. Look at what happened to the Colts in '11 when they lost Peyton - ditto would have happened to New England if they lost Brady to injury last year.

Julian Edelman, a college quarterback, is Brady's best receiver. That's saying something.
    No one. If he can't hit 'em, what's the point of having one? Did you read what I wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    No one. If he can't hit 'em, what's the point of having one? Did you read what I wrote?
    He's no Geno, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Every time they lose I rush into the closet and start fabrezing my backup team gear. I bought one of those zombie survival bug out bags and loaded it with 5 different team jerseys because preparation is my middle name.
    Rookie move with the Febreeze. Everyone knows you have to rub the zombie guts on you to keep the zombies away.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    "I can't wait until Brady is gone and the same type of success comes with Jimmy Garoppolo at the helm."

This is what years of cheating have brainwashed that fanbase into thinking....that their just anointed to have good QB play.

The post-Brady years up north are gonna be hilarious!!!
    They couldn't possible match the half century that has been the post-Namath years.

If Matt Cassell can lead the Pats to the best record in the AFCE then there's an even better chance that Jimmy Garoppolo can too.

All Pro
    They couldn't possible match the half century that has been the post-Namath years.

If Matt Cassell can lead the Pats to the best record in the AFCE then there's an even better chance that Jimmy Garoppolo can too.
    Just stop it. You're a delusional homer. Garrapolo can be the next Tom Brady or the next Mark Sanchez, neither you nor me know what he is at this point.

Just stop it. You're a delusional homer. Garrapolo can be the next Tom Brady or the next Mark Sanchez, neither you nor me know what he is at this point.
    In my most homeristic dreams, he's the next Kurt Warner. Similar size, similar lightning-quick release. Both from small midwestern schools.

Then I wake up and realize he could very well be the next Gio Carmazzi (fellow Italian, small school, not ready for prime time).

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    He took a team with his leading receiver being Julian Edelman, a former college option QB, to a 12 win season and the brink of the Super Bowl.

Yeah, he's not Top 5.

I hate the offseason.

Is he declining? Sure. Everyone does. Father time is undefeated, however, there aren't 5 QB's in the NFL better than Brady. Period.
    I've been fortunate enough to see every NFL QB play since before the AFL was born, and the one and only thing that stands out to me with Brady is how he avoids the really bad play at the wrong time. He's not as big and strong as some QBs, isn't as mobile as most and isn't as accurate as others, but he just doesn't seem to ever make a boneheaded play during crunch time.

He belongs in the discussion for one of the greatest QBs ever. As a Pats fan who has lived within a handful of miles of Boston Garden and Fenway Park for my entire life, and seen every great athlete play since the 50's, I feel truly blessed to have had the kid as the QB of the team that I root for. Any fan would feel the same way.

Now, if only Giselle would stop dressing him...

Yes, but that's true of all draft picks.

Garoppolo will need to get a chance to show what he can do at some point, and that isn't likely with Tommy LomBrady leading the Pats. We'll just have to wait and see.

he just doesn't seem to ever make a boneheaded play during crunch time.
    I'm surprised such a long-time Patriots fan as yourself didn't watch the Pats play Carolina in the Super Bowl (a bone-headed EZ pick that would have embarrassed even Tony Eason) or the Broncos in the 2005 playoffs (telegraphed pass off his back foot to Champ Bailey in the EZ).

Just think - there's a non-zero chance that the Pats have already drafted their QB of the future before the Jets have.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Just think - there's a non-zero chance that the Pats have already drafted their QB of the future before the Jets have.
    Wow, that's ponderous, man.