Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN - Brady no longer top 5

Rookie
    Another viewpoint taken by Borges, who isn't known for his liking BB or Pats for that matter.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/colum...ut_still_elite

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Another viewpoint taken by Borges, who isn't known for his liking BB or Pats for that matter.

One longtime NFL personnel guru spoke with me about it two years ago saying, “You know your quarterback is slipping.”

My reply was “What 35-year-old quarterback isn’t?”

To which he said, “None who ever lived.”
    I'm pretty sure Peyton is a real person and that he's alive and well. Favre also enjoyed some of the best years after the age of 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I've been fortunate enough to see every NFL QB play since before the AFL was born, and the one and only thing that stands out to me with Brady is how he avoids the really bad play at the wrong time. He's not as big and strong as some QBs, isn't as mobile as most and isn't as accurate as others, but he just doesn't seem to ever make a boneheaded play during crunch time.

He belongs in the discussion for one of the greatest QBs ever. As a Pats fan who has lived within a handful of miles of Boston Garden and Fenway Park for my entire life, and seen every great athlete play since the 50's, I feel truly blessed to have had the kid as the QB of the team that I root for. Any fan would feel the same way.

Now, if only Giselle would stop dressing him...
    There still isn't a QB in the NFL I would take over him if I were planning on a championship run for 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I've been fortunate enough to see every NFL QB play since before the AFL was born, and the one and only thing that stands out to me with Brady is how he avoids the really bad play at the wrong time. He's not as big and strong as some QBs, isn't as mobile as most and isn't as accurate as others, but he just doesn't seem to ever make a boneheaded play during crunch time.

He belongs in the discussion for one of the greatest QBs ever. As a Pats fan who has lived within a handful of miles of Boston Garden and Fenway Park for my entire life, and seen every great athlete play since the 50's, I feel truly blessed to have had the kid as the QB of the team that I root for. Any fan would feel the same way.

Now, if only Giselle would stop dressing him...
    I agree with you, as much as I despise the Pats, Brady belongs in the discussion of best all time QBs!
    He's done so much with less.
    Even Kurt Warner was surrounded with studs. If Wes Welker wasn't 5'-7" lol & Eli doesn't pull off one of the most ridiculously lucky plays since the immaculate reception, ending with the craziest helmet catch he's got 5 Super Bowl wins.
    Joe Montana had the brightest offensive coach in the history of football, the best WR ever in Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, Roger Craig, Tom Rathman, it was almost unfair.
    John Elway is the only QB that did more with less!

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Brady's gay

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    I'm pretty sure Peyton is a real person and that he's alive and well. Favre also enjoyed some of the best years after the age of 35.
    Reading the article, last year's numbers might have had something to do with WHO they had as targets......I think most would prefer Peyton's veterans over Brady's rookies...Edelman was the only consistent target that Brady could count on. Pressures were another big problem that Brady had while Peyton sat there with a clean uni most of the time. One of 5 dropbacks Manning had pressure.....

Peyton is declining just like every aging QB does....look at his numbers in the SB having the Squawks pressure him.

If I recall, he didn't look pretty.

The NFL is a young man's game.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I agree with you, as much as I despise the Pats, Brady belongs in the discussion of best all time QBs!
    He's done so much with less.
    Even Kurt Warner was surrounded with studs. If Wes Welker wasn't 5'-7" lol & Eli doesn't pull off one of the most ridiculously lucky plays since the immaculate reception, ending with the craziest helmet catch he's got 5 Super Bowl wins.
    Joe Montana had the brightest offensive coach in the history of football, the best WR ever in Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, Roger Craig, Tom Rathman, it was almost unfair.
    John Elway is the only QB that did more with less!
    The non call by refs on the Gints OL with their arms wrapped around Seymour's neck was ridiculous. Have to find that video and post it but im traveling and it's on other computer at home. Eli is the luckiest SOB in the NFL on that play.....no holding call and a bizzaro helmet catch. As they say...SH!T happens !

Reading the article, last year's numbers might have had something to do with WHO they had as targets......I think most would prefer Peyton's veterans over Brady's rookies...Edelman was the only consistent target that Brady could count on. Pressures were another big problem that Brady had while Peyton sat there with a clean uni most of the time. One of 5 dropbacks Manning had pressure.....

Peyton is declining just like every aging QB does....look at his numbers in the SB having the Squawks pressure him.

If I recall, he didn't look pretty.
    I love how you value one game (Superbowl, where everything the Broncos did went wrong) over an entire season were Peyton almost played perfect each week. Yet you're here to whine about Brady not being the best QB in the league? You must be absolutely crazy or just a huge Pats Homer if you really think Peyton is declining. He actually got better, he's making less mistakes. And mind you he doesn't have Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark and Stokley anymore. Thomas is a good young receiver but he's no Calvin Johnson. His O-Line consists of a bunch of castoffs. He doesn't get sacked or pressured a lot because he gets rid of the ball so fast, that's one of the big reasons why he's so good and what makes him special. Brady is declining. Peyton is not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    In my most homeristic dreams, he's the next Kurt Warner. Similar size, similar lightning-quick release. Both from small midwestern schools.

Then I wake up and realize he could very well be the next Gio Carmazzi (fellow Italian, small school, not ready for prime time).
    The two of them could start a law firm with Gino Torretta.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    There still isn't a QB in the NFL I would take over him if I were planning on a championship run for 2015.
    You're a fakeass Jet fan.

That article makes an interesting point.

If you have a loved one's life on the line on one game, would you really rather take Phillip Rivers, Rothelisburger, or Luck over Brady?

All things being equal for that one game, the only one I would take over Brady is Peyton. And even that can be argued.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post

If you have a loved one's life on the line on one game, would you really rather take Phillip Rivers, Rothelisburger, or Luck over Brady?

All things being equal for that one game, the only one I would take over Brady is Peyton.

i would take rivers or luck by far...........unless cameras were involved then brady obviously.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    i would take rivers or luck by far...........unless cameras were involved then brady obviously.
    Against who, when (now?), where, with what team mates, which officiating crew and with which coaching staff/game plan? The NFL isn't a one man game. There is SO much more that goes into it. As much as it pains me to say it I think that Brady would be more successful than Luck and definitely more than Rivers with a generic coach/team. He has such a quick release and good vision. The one instance I can see maybe liking Luck more is with a poor Oline as I think he is more mobile. Maybe in time Luck will be as good or better but I just don't see it now.

Practice Squad
    At,least,he's,still,a,top5,catcher.......as,voted, in,"Butt",magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    At,least,he's,still,a,top5,catcher.......as,voted, in,"Butt",magazine.
    This guy is a goddamn treasure and I will fist fight anyone who says otherwise.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Lol good stuff

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Ragu is that you?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post

All things being equal for that one game, the only one I would take over Brady is Peyton. And even that can be argued.
    Time to change the graphics, no?

Every time they lose I rush into the closet and start fabrezing my backup team gear. I bought one of those zombie survival bug out bags and loaded it with 5 different team jerseys because preparation is my middle name.
    THIS is what Febreeze is for!!