Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: " Jets ranked as NFL's fourth-most hopeless team ?... Can that be right ? " ? ? ?

The opinion of most of the people who post here, I value far more than anyone in the media. We know our team, our players.most of them don't.

Last year the Jets were ranked, by ESPN, last in the league.

These journalists should thank the Jets, and the rest of the NFL's teams for that matter, that allow them the privilege of writing about sports for a living, while other people have jobs they wake up to wishing they had jobs the like of Tanier's.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Last year the Jets were ranked, by ESPN, last in the league.

These journalists should thank the Jets, and the rest of the NFL's teams for that matter, that allow them the privilege of writing about sports for a living, while other people have jobs they wake up to wishing they had jobs the like of Tanier's.
    Does this mean if Rex gets to 8-8 he's officially exceeded expectations again and worked another miracle?

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Does this mean if Rex gets to 8-8 he's officially exceeded expectations again and worked another miracle?
    No, it means if Brady is top 5, it's because he has offensive help, and not really him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'm not as optimistic about this coming season as many here, but this article is utter crap, the organization has a ton of young talent.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    What do you think? What's your prediction?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    No, it means if Brady is top 5, it's because he has offensive help, and not really him.
    brady may very well not be top 5 any longer but , he's still capable of helping his team with some w's

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    How can you forget Zona and TB. I would say any team in Florida is pretty hopeless with the exception of the Heat. Basketball has always been the biggest sport down there. Not sure I would put KC or the Cowboys on that list though. We are not on the bottom 10 IMO.
    Both teams went to the SB during the period between 2000-2013 and TB actually won a SB. Thats why I didnt include them. I know Oakland made the SB(and lost) but they are such a laughably bad organization that I had to include them

I thought it was an interesting concept.

I can see how having two top ranked NFC teams will drop a team like the Saints below NE, Denver, KC and Baltimore in hope, but I question how SF can be judged as #2 when they're in the same division as #1.

I have no idea why Houston fans should be more hopeful, unless they're comparing the team to last year.

I also have to question why playing in the last SB last year gives a team more hope. Statistically teams don't return to the SB the next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I thought it was an interesting concept.

I can see how having two top ranked NFC teams will drop a team like the Saints below NE, Denver, KC and Baltimore in hope, but I question how SF can be judged as #2 when they're in the same division as #1.

I have no idea why Houston fans should be more hopeful, unless they're comparing the team to last year.

I also have to question why playing in the last SB last year gives a team more hope. Statistically teams don't return to the SB the next year.
    seahawks should be tough again this season