Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OTA Updates

Post OTA Updates

Patterson sounds like he's got a chip on his shoulder. Love it. Corners have to be confident.

Dennis Waszak Jr.
    Rex on seeing 7 penalties in practice: "it's a good thing we're not playing. ... It was ugly out there." #Jets

JetsInsider.com
    Rex does say he really likes the way the team is working together and communicating #Jets

JetsInsider.com
    Rex says the mistakes are fine, as long as they get corrected and don't keep repeating them #Jets

JetsInsider.com
    Rex said there were a lot of mistakes today, "good thing we're not playing this week." #Jets

Kimberley A. Martin
    Rex notes Jace Amaro had 3 drops today. Said guys are thinking so much that they forget the basics: catching the ball

Kimberley A. Martin
    Rex on practice: "It's a good thing we're not playing -- cause it was ugly out there." #jets

JetsInsider.com
    Rex - "Vick came up to me and said, 'playing against this defense it is hard to read coverages.'" Rex joked it's hard for him too #Jets

Kimberley A. Martin
    Rex looks at all the cameras and jokes: "Looks like the #Rangers are on the road or something." #jets

Dennis Waszak Jr.
    Rex seeing all the cameras today at his presser: "It's like the Rangers are on the road or something." #Jets

Jane McManus
    Dee Milliner missed the OTA practice with a hamstring tweak. Felt it Monday. Also noted that Jets WRs this year are an upgrade. #NFL #Jets

Brian Costello
    Milliner said it was just precautionary today. Felt tightness in his hamstring Monday. #nyj

Joe Caporoso
    Will get an entirely premature 53 man roster prediction up today for #TOJ

Kimberley A. Martin
    Milliner said this WRs corps is a lot different than last year's. Said a lot of guys jump out because of their speed

Kimberley A. Martin
    Dee milliner said he sat out as a precaution because of left hamstring tightness

Dennis Waszak Jr.
    Kerley says having Vick around is "cool." Adds: "I try not to be star struck." #Jets

Kimberley A. Martin
    Jeremy Kerley: "We've got weapons everywhere." #jets

Dennis Waszak Jr.
    Patterson says "injury-prone label" isn't accurate. Yes, he's had injuries last 2 years, but was injury-free first 7 seasons #Jets

Dennis Waszak Jr.
    #Jets CB Dimitri Patterson says he doesn't have biggest name but doesn't lack for confidence: "I'll put my film up against anybody's."

Kimberley A. Martin
    CB Dimitri Patterson denies he's injury-prone, just hurt past 2yrs. "The reality is, that's the only thing negative they could say re: me."

JetsInsider.com
    Rex on Milliner, "Oh he's been impressive until his leg thing. He tried to run w/ one of our fast guys." #Jets

JetsInsider.com
    "The little guy, Reeves, is it Revis or Reeves." Rex joked. Said they started him inside but have moved outside bc he just makes plays

Jane McManus
    Asked if he's spoken to RB Mike Goodson, Ryan notes practices are voluntary and "He volunteered not to be here." #NFL #Jets

JetsInsider.com
    Rex at OTA's presser now. #jets #nyj #nfl twitter.com

Jane McManus
    Ryan notes that S Dawan Landry played with the 3s, "I know he knows what to do," wanted to see rookies try to swim. #Jets #NFL

Brian Costello @BrianCoz
    Rex says Antwan Barnes' recovery is "slow." Not sure he will be ready for training camp. #nyj

Brian Costello
    Rex on Decker going to CMT awards: "Speaking as a married guy, recommended you would go to that." #nyj

Brian Costello
    Rex on Milliner: "He's got to step it up." Does not sound happy that Milliner is injured again. #nyj

The Barnes thing is disappointing to hear. Cunningham step up!

CB Dimitri Patterson denies he's injury-prone, just hurt past 2yrs. "The reality is, that's the only thing negative they could say re: me."

Lol, well that makes sense, it's a pretty big negative Dimitiri.

Hall Of Fame
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    QB stats: Geno 8-for-10; Vick 3-for-8 with a sack and a drop #nyj

Vick is not having a good practice #nyj

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI
    Doesn't sound like Antwan Barnes will definitely be ready for TC. Rex adds that McDougle 'is itching to go,' but #Jets taking things slow

Erik from @JetsTwit
    #Rex's motivation tactic is to call out guys...

Brian Costello
    Rex says Antwan Barnes' recovery is "slow." Not sure he will be ready for training camp. #nyj

Dennis Waszak Jr.
    RT @SethWalderNYDN: Rex on Decker's absence for award show: "Well, speaking as a married guy, absolutely recommended you would go to that."…

Brian Costello
    Rex on Decker going to CMT awards: "Speaking as a married guy, recommended you would go to that." #nyj

Kimberley A. Martin
    Q: Should an award show be reason enough for Eric Decker to miss OTAs? Rex: "Speaking as a married guy, recommended you would go to that."

JetsInsider.com
    Rex said Milliner needs to improve his conditioning but has no doubt that'll come as he gets older

Kimberley A. Martin
    Rex said Dee Milliner's challenge is "to be in world-class shape." Said young CB has all the talent in the world, but has to be on the field

Deb
    RT @BrianCoz: Rex on Milliner: "He's got to step it up." Does not sound happy that Milliner is injured again. #nyj

Dennis Waszak Jr.
    OTAs definitely the time to experiment, work out kinks, etc, so makes sense for Rex to try different things in secondary, etc. #Jets

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    QB stats: Geno 8-for-10; Vick 3-for-8 with a sack and a drop #nyj

Vick is not having a good practice #nyj
    Interesting news in June. As long as Geno stays afloat I'm content.

Disappointing to hear about Barnes.

And Milliner too. Would f us up so bad if he's on and off the field all season.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Disappointing to hear about Barnes.

And Milliner too. Would f us up so bad if he's on and off the field all season.
    Yeah that's good point. We need Milliner not only to improve but to actually play. Hopefully he responds to Rex's criticism like Kerley did.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Yeah that's good point. We need Milliner not only to improve but to actually play. Hopefully he responds to Rex's criticism like Kerley did.
    Seriously. It's OTA's and you're tweaking your leg trying to keep up with a WR? Get in shape and step up already.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Bad news on Barnes ... Had high hopes for his impact this season

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Bad news on Barnes ... Had high hopes for his impact this season
    The Barnes injury sucked. I haven't been confident in his return right away. He tore the ACL on his plant leg when he goes underneath or around the Tackle. I'm hoping for one of the other guys, Cunningham, maybe the 7th rd pick to come on.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    The Barnes injury sucked. I haven't been confident in his return right away. He tore the ACL on his plant leg when he goes underneath or around the Tackle. I'm hoping for one of the other guys, Cunningham, maybe the 7th rd pick to come on.
    Yea it may be difficult for Barnes to make the team. They can always bring him back after a few weeks into the season if need be. Hopefully Cunningham can fill that role.

Jets Insider VIP
    Is it me or does every CB we have, or that we have had, seem to have injury issues? Even our two best in recent years....Cromartie with his hip, Revis with that hammy and then the ACL. Now we sign a guy with injury issues (Patterson) and draft one with injury issues (McDougle). And of course, watching all of this is our best CB, Milliner who is on the sideline with a hamstring tweak.

Glad it's June....or am I? lol

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Is it me or does every CB we have, or that we have had, seem to have injury issues? Even our two best in recent years....Cromartie with his hip, Revis with that hammy and then the ACL. Now we sign a guy with injury issues (Patterson) and draft one with injury issues (McDougle). And of course, watching all of this is our best CB, Milliner who is on the sideline with a hamstring tweak.

Glad it's June....or am I? lol
    I think corner backs in general tend to get a little more soft tissue injuries than other positions. They run with the fastest guys on the field, have sudden stops and changes of direction. Corners do not know where the receiver is running, the receiver has the benefit of knowing where he is going.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

CB's are also some of the smallest guys on the field

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Yea it may be difficult for Barnes to make the team. They can always bring him back after a few weeks into the season if need be. Hopefully Cunningham can fill that role.
    Yeah, definitely has the makings of a PUP situation. Next man up!

Veteran
    Sad news about Barnes. I hope the Millner twinge is NOTHING. I give Idzik credit for not hopping on the FA Train.
    But if our cornerbacks aren't healthy it makes it a mute point.

All League
    Good thing it's June and there's plenty of time to rehab in Barnes case. This guy will get a chance to produce double digit sacks with the line playing a huge role (if he is healthy obviously).

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Re: OTA's

Used to play a lot of racket ball. After a layoff, the first day back was always pretty good. 2nd day (and the next week) every bad habit I ever had showed up in spades.

Unsurprised that week 2 is more inconsistent than week 1.

Was at OTAs yesterday! Great time, but Amaro (who is enormous and jacked) needs to take practice seriously - his drops were bad and kept happening. He can't be forecasting 100 catches and delivering like this in practice because the NY media will eat him alive.