Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - Sorry - But May I Just say

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonHtsJetFan View Post
    don't step on the hearts of the mourners even harder than that that has already been done
    Wow, get a grip, it's a hockey season, not an SUV full of kids skidding off a cliff. Your team just played into mid June. Try being a fan of a hockey team that's sucked hard since the Reagan administration. And a fan whose team's building gets filled with the most obnoxious jerkoff Rangers fans every time they're in town -- and not a single one of those jerkoff fans ever "lay off" or stop "rubbing salt in the wounds" during those LI games. Perhaps that's why we Isles fans happily celebrate your team's demise last night, and have every right to sit here and tell you guys just that. Grow a pair for chrissakes.

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Wow, get a grip, it's a hockey season, not an SUV full of kids skidding off a cliff. Your team just played into mid June. Try being a fan of a hockey team that's sucked hard since the Reagan administration. And a fan whose team's building gets filled with the most obnoxious jerkoff Rangers fans every time they're in town -- and not a single one of those jerkoff fans ever "lay off" or stop "rubbing salt in the wounds" during those LI games. Perhaps that's why we Isles fans happily celebrate your team's demise last night, and have every right to sit here and tell you guys just that. Grow a pair for chrissakes.
    What was it that another poster said before? Oh right :

THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Just found out that the woman in question is her :

http://larrybrownsports.com/hockey/h...gs-girl/232544

Nice.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Just like a Mets fan.

Gets his jollies cheering for other teams to lose instead of his own team to win.

As for the "nobility" of the Islanders fan, the four years that the Islanders were winning their Cups were the exact four years of my Long Island high school career and phrases like "obnoxious jerkoffs" who don't know how to "lay off" or "rubbing salt in the wounds" don't begin to describe what Rangers went through in the 1980's. What goes on in your building when the Rangers play there is deserved, deserved a million times over.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Just like a Mets fan.

Gets his jollies cheering for other teams to lose instead of his own team to win.

As for the "nobility" of the Islanders fan, the four years that the Islanders were winning their Cups were the exact four years of my Long Island high school career and phrases like "obnoxious jerkoffs" who don't know how to "lay off" or "rubbing salt in the wounds" don't begin to describe what Rangers went through in the 1980's. What goes on in your building when the Rangers play there is deserved, deserved a million times over.

SAR I
    Thanks for proving shakin's point there, SAR.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Thanks for proving shakin's point there, SAR.
    No, it does not. No Ranger fan cheers for the Islanders to lose. We don't care about the Islanders at all. We don't cheer for the Minnesota Wild to lose for the same reason.

My point is that the Rangers fans endured a lot of abuse at the hands of the Islanders back when they were good, and so that is no excuse to root against the Rangers now. An Islander fan should consider himself lucky to have teeth and a high school education, shouldn't waste what precious little energy he has rooting against another team.

SAR I

We have to have an excuse to hate the Rangers??

We can't just dislike them because of the rivalry??

Not to mention all the history with fans that is showing on this thread??

I hate the Rangers and am glad they lost.. who is anybody to say otherwise..

Am I bitter?? Duh, I admit I couldn't stomach them winning.. that is why it feels so good they didn't..

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post

Am I bitter?? Duh, I admit I couldn't stomach them winning.. that is why it feels so good they didn't..

I know, right? That is the funniest thing I've ever heard from SAR.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    What was it that another poster said before? Oh right :

THIS!

Really? You wish you could go back in time and undo what you said? But yet you keep talking. How about going back in the present and shutting the hell up now?
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 06-15-2014 at 01:21 PM.

We have a young and deep defense and the best goaltender in the world. We made it to the Finals without a) a heavy shooter at the point, b) a bonafide sniper, c) two of four centers that can actually score.

These aren't hard pieces to find to put us over the top in the next 2-3 years.

SAR I
    LOL, yeah because those players you need just grow on trees. Best goaltender in the world? Ill have whatever your smoking.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

No.

What I am saying is that Rangers fans abusing Islander fans since 1994 is merely payback for the Islander fans abusing Ranger fans from 1982-1986 and that your dislike of the Rangers shouldn't be predicated on the abuse because it was reciprocal. Dislike us because the Rangers are successful and the Islanders suck, not because of how you are treated by hockey fans.

Now, as far as Islander fans being bitter, that's because they don't work in Manhattan, they don't have large executive salaries, they don't get the hot women as a result, and they can't afford proper educations or dental care. Nothing to do with the Rangers.

SAR I

I'm a Ranger fan and a former Ranger season ticket holder, and am still upset over the loss in the Finals. I respect your feelings about rooting against the Rangers, because I would root against the Islanders OR the Devils had they been in the same position.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Just like a Mets fan.
    Been a Yankees fan my whole life.

My team was done playing two months ago. I wasn't really pulling for the Rangers to lose as much as I was pulling for undeservedly arrogant douchebags like yourself to be denied the joy of seeing your team win the Stanley Cup, and bleat about it like it was the first and only Stanley Cup ever won (see 1994).

As for the "nobility" of the Islanders fan
    Who the f-ck said anything about the "nobility" of the Islanders fan? What the hell are you babbling about?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    LOL, yeah because those players you need just grow on trees. Best goaltender in the world? Ill have whatever your smoking.
    Actually, they do grow on trees.

In today's NHL, it's about defense and goaltending and the Rangers are blessed with both. We need a couple of big gritty centers and a defenseman with a booming point shot on the powerplay. Not hard to get.

As far as offensive assets, St. Louis is a bonafide sniper, Brassard is coming into his own, Hagelin is maturing into a fine player, Zuccarello is a tireless worker, and Kreider is a very rare combination of size and speed that has the potential to become a great NHL forward. Lundqvist is the best in the game, Vignault is a proven winner of a head coach. This isn't some over the hill NHL team that eeked out some playoff success; it's a young team that's growing into something bigger, we've won more playoff series in the last three years than any team in the East, only behind the Kings and Blackhawks who won the last two Cup's.

Rangers are ascending. Just like the Jets. It's a good time to be me.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Been a Yankees fan my whole life.
    Then you should know better than to root against another team instead of focusing on your own. There is no joy in the Red Sox losing if the Yankees are losing too. There is no t-shirt for no-playoff Jets fans when the Patriots lose in the AFC Championship Game.

My team was done playing two months ago. I wasn't really pulling for the Rangers to lose as much as I was pulling for undeservedly arrogant douchebags like yourself to be denied the joy of seeing your team win the Stanley Cup, and bleat about it like it was the first and only Stanley Cup ever won (see 1994).
    We are arrogant because we are successful executives in Manhattan, nothing to do with our hockey team.

Who the f-ck said anything about the "nobility" of the Islanders fan? What the hell are you babbling about?
    You are making it sound like Islanders fans are innocent lambs being horrifically abused by evil Rangers fans. I remind you of what life was like in the mid-80's when Islander fans were awful to Rangers fans. You don't like the way you're treated now, you should have thought about that eventuality back then.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Now, as far as Islander fans being bitter, that's because they don't work in Manhattan, they don't have large executive salaries, they don't get the hot women as a result, and they can't afford proper educations or dental care. Nothing to do with the Rangers.

SAR I
    Actually, the view out my office window at the N/W corner of 33rd and 8th is MSG itself. It's going to be great tomorrow watching Dolan's lackeys taking down the huge NHL Stanley Cup Finals banner off the side of the building, if they haven't already.

It's also going to be nice to no longer have to wade through the sweaty smelly throngs of 3xl-sized Ranger fans wearing 1xl-sized MESSIER jerseys as they clog the stairwells, escalators and plazas of Penn Station after they drunkenly stumble off the trains clutching a tallboy in each hand.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Actually, the view out my office window at the N/W corner of 33rd and 8th is MSG itself. It's going to be great tomorrow watching Dolan's lackeys taking down the huge NHL Stanley Cup Finals banner off the side of the building, if they haven't already.
    They should leave the banner up, it says "Finals" on it which is quite an accomplishment for this young team. I'm proud of them for making it so far. I say leave it up for the summer.

It's also going to be nice to no longer have to wade through the sweaty smelly throngs of 3xl-sized Ranger fans wearing 1xl-sized MESSIER jerseys as they clog the stairwells, escalators and plazas of Penn Station after they drunkenly stumble off the trains clutching a tallboy in each hand.
    Those few outliers are Islanders fans who gave up on their team.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They should leave the banner up, it says "Finals" on it which is quite an accomplishment for this young team. I'm proud of them for making it so far. I say leave it up for the summer.

SAR I
    I agree.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Perhaps. I guess there's no shame in hanging a Second Place banner.

Those few outliers are Islanders fans who gave up on their team.

SAR I
    LOL, of course they are. Especially the troglodytes streaming off the PATH trains.

POTViN SUCkS

BEAT YOUR WIFE POTVIN