Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slugger sends the right message: "We hate Tom, the Pats and the Giants"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Slugger sends the right message: "We hate Tom, the Pats and the Giants"

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...ants-1.8360180

It didn’t take long for Calvin Pryor to be indoctrinated into the Jets-Pats rivalry.

The rookie safety has been a New York Jet for only a month, but he’s already up to speed on how much the organization loathes New England -- and the team's star quarterback Tom Brady.

“We don't like Tom at all,” Pryor, the Jets' first-round pick, said in a “Daily News Live” interview that aired this week.

“When I first came here, that was one of the first things I heard about: We hate the Patriots, and we hate the Giants. That's what everybody was telling me. So we hate those guys and I look forward to playing them this season.”

Pryor developed a reputation for trash-talking and delivering big hits during his college career at Louisville. And that’s just what his new head coach Rex Ryan loves about him.

“He just said ‘Be yourself,” the safety explained, “and just talk trash and try to get them out their game.’”

We shall see if Pryor’s this vocal when the Jets play the Giants in the preseason on Aug. 22 and during their two regular-season matchups with the Patriots on Oct. 16 in Foxboro and at home on Dec. 21.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish he would've said Miami instead of the Giants, but guess he's just reciting what his teammates have told him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling that he'll hate the Fins and Bills in no time.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate the Giants? He does know we play them only once every 4 years, right? Like Buzzsaw said, our rivals are the Pats and the Fish. No one else comes close.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    D is the not so bright side of the ball, this is encouraging.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Action View Post
    Hate the Giants? He does know we play them only once every 4 years, right? Like Buzzsaw said, our rivals are the Pats and the Fish. No one else comes close.
    Hate the Giants because we get compared to them. Or called the "little brother". Pretty easy to see why they would hate them. Because I sure do..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares how often we play them? We're New Yorks team, this is our city. We're competing against them. They're in the NFL, they're in our way. They try to claim this city year after year. I can't stand them.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Hate the Giants because we get compared to them. Or called the "little brother". Pretty easy to see why they would hate them. Because I sure do..
    If you really want to hate them fine. However for me, our rivals are NE and MIA. If the NFL feels that the Jets and Giants should play each other once every year then maybe I could be persuaded.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you really want to hate them fine. However for me, our rivals are NE and MIA. If the NFL feels that the Jets and Giants should play each other once every year then maybe I could be persuaded.
    How can you be a Jets fan and not hate the Giants? Mind boggling.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Wish he would've said Miami instead of the Giants, but guess he's just reciting what his teammates have told him.
    Snoopy Bowl >>>> 2 regular season games a year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    +1

Maybe he doesn't live in the area -- perhaps it's not as big a deal if you don't have to deal with it on a daily basis.

But anytime a Jets "fan" says he also roots for the Giants? Pretty sure he doesn't know what the word "fan" means . . .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a ridiculous statement. Not in our division or conference. Who gives a sh*t what they do? I don't root for the Giants, nor do I root against them (unless they're playing the Jets).

All the people with little brother syndrome are ridiculous and merit getting the Giants rubbed in their face.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Thinking the same thing then it dawned on me that he never says who told him we hate the Pats and Giants. Is he talking about hearing this from players or did he hear this from fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Snoopy Bowl >>>> 2 regular season games a year.
    Actually, I hate the Giants MORE than Miami/Buffalo, and it's not even close. If it has no impact on our playoff chances, I'd root for either one of them to beat the Giants.

Who cares if we face two times a year. IT'S TWO TIMES A YEAR. That's nothing compared to having to listen to Giants fans/media day after day, regardless of how good/bad a season they are having . . .
    Last edited by OCCH; 06-06-2014 at 04:14 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    That's a ridiculous statement. Not in our division or conference. Who gives a sh*t what they do? I don't root for the Giants, nor do I root against them (unless they're playing the Jets).

All the people with little brother syndrome are ridiculous and merit getting the Giants rubbed in their face.
    They're only in our ****ing city, that's not enough I guess. We play in the same stadium for crying out loud, how much more intimate does it get?! Jesus. Why do you give a crap if they're in the AFC or not? I don't care for the Bengals, I have no reason to hate them. Whether they're in the AFC or not does not matter. But I have every reason to hate the Giants. Hell, the fact that they hate the Jets should be enough for Jets fans to hate them if you can't think of anything else which I find hard to believe considering we're playing in the same city and the same stadium. Go ask the Lakers fans what they think of the Clippers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...ants-1.8360180

It didn’t take long for Calvin Pryor to be indoctrinated into the Jets-Pats rivalry.

The rookie safety has been a New York Jet for only a month, but he’s already up to speed on how much the organization loathes New England -- and the team's star quarterback Tom Brady.

“We don't like Tom at all,” Pryor, the Jets' first-round pick, said in a “Daily News Live” interview that aired this week.

“When I first came here, that was one of the first things I heard about: We hate the Patriots, and we hate the Giants. That's what everybody was telling me. So we hate those guys and I look forward to playing them this season.”

Pryor developed a reputation for trash-talking and delivering big hits during his college career at Louisville. And that’s just what his new head coach Rex Ryan loves about him.

“He just said ‘Be yourself,” the safety explained, “and just talk trash and try to get them out their game.’”

We shall see if Pryor’s this vocal when the Jets play the Giants in the preseason on Aug. 22 and during their two regular-season matchups with the Patriots on Oct. 16 in Foxboro and at home on Dec. 21.
    Holy smokes! We drafted a lighter, faster, blacker, smarter version of Rex Ryan!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So to recap, it has nothing to do with standings, playoffs, playoff positioning etc. it has all to do with who gets what press and who "owns" the city.

I get not liking them and sorry, real football fans don't care about the nonsense as much to how it comes down in standings.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They're only in our ****ing city, that's not enough I guess. We play in the same stadium for crying out loud, how much more intimate does it get?! Jesus. Why do you give a crap if they're in the AFC or not? I don't care for the Bengals, I have no reason to hate them. Whether they're in the AFC or not does not matter. But I have every reason to hate the Giants. Hell, the fact that they hate the Jets should be enough for Jets fans to hate them if you can't think of anything else which I find hard to believe considering we're playing in the same city and the same stadium. Go ask the Lakers fans what they think of the Clippers.
    Why do I care if they're not in the AFC? You don't care what the Bengals do?

When the Giants make the playoffs, it doesn't affect us (the team, not the panties in a bunch "fans" who would obviously be crying about this).

When the Bengals take the last wildcard playoff spot from the Jets, let me know if you care about what the Bengals do/did.

You hate the Giants because they get more press/praise? That's what 2 recent Superbowl wins does for a team.
    Last edited by JetBidi; 06-06-2014 at 04:22 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    So to recap, it has nothing to do with standings, playoffs, playoff positioning etc. it has all to do with who gets what press and who "owns" the city.

I get not liking them and sorry, real football fans don't care about the nonsense as much to how it comes down in standings.
    Might wanna order your Giants jersey now. By the way If I ordered an Eli jersey for you and sent it over, would you wear it every once in a while like a normal shirt, a different shirt with other labels on it? Serious question, I'm not kidding. It sounds like some people would not mind wearing a Giants jersey as they don't feel anything negativity towards them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Why do I care if they're not in the AFC? You don't care what the Bengals do?

When the Giants make the playoffs, it doesn't affect us (the team, not the panties in a bunch "fans" who would obviously be crying about this).

When the Bengals take the last wildcard playoff spot from the Jets, let me know if you care about what the Bengals do/did.

You hate the Giants because they get more press/praise? That's what 2 recent Superbowl wins does for a team.
    Sorry, but this has NOTHING to do with whether you "hate" a team or not.

You're telling me if the Jets were 10-5 and Cincy was 2-13, you'd still root for the Giants to beat Cincy, simply because they're an AFC team?

You're entitled to that opinion, but something tells me you'd choose who to root for based on what helped the Jets most -- the same we ALL would do. "Hating" a team has nothing to do with circumstances -- you simply can't stand to see the team win. All things being equal, I'll root for ANYONE to beat the Giants, simply because I "hate" them more than any other team (except NE). Does that mean I never want to see the Giants win? Of course not, but that's true for Miami and Buffalo too.

Whatever helps the Jets comes first. After that I'll take as much pleasure as I can after every Giant loss, because as they say -- "misery loves company" . . .