Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 104

Thread: Slugger sends the right message: "We hate Tom, the Pats and the Giants"

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Well....join me on the High ROad, m***** F*****. Let's start a trend.


    Right.
    Ok, I'll follow your lead, m***** F*****!

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I keep saying I hate the Giants. Just cant justify hating them as much as divisional opponents. His point is that thinking that way makes me a Giants fan who should parade around in that ugly assed blue #10 jersey. Saying the same things over and over to someone who routinely calls people idiots gets annoying.
    That's where you're just very dense. If you don't feel any hatred towards them, if you don't care about them, why would it feel odd wearing a jersey of a team from NY that has a different color on it? Just using your logic here. And your lame excuses of accusing me of doing something that virtually everybody has done, and you continuing to insult people and act like a 7 year old doesn't really help your case to be honest.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    None of which has a thing to do with the argument. I hate the Giants, root for them to lose at every turn, as much as any other team. Doesn't make me dumb enough to forget which teams W&Ls carry more weight and to think I should hate them more than the Dolfags.

    This is an argument that has been played out here many times
    Something tells me you don't even know what the "argument" is.

    You don't hate a team just because you "need" them to lose -- you hate them when you WANT them to lose.

    If you want an 0-12 Dolphins team to lose then yes, you hate them.

    If you want an 8-7 Titans team to lose because it helps the Jets in the playoff race, you don't hate them.

    If you "want the Giants to lose at every turn", then yes -- you "hate" them way more than the average NFL team, especially since their record plays no role in your own team's destiny.

    This whole sub-topic started because one poster thought it was ridiculous to "hate the Giants". I'll stand by my opinion that someone who feels that way either doesn't live in this area, or isn't a "fan" in the purest sense of the word. . .

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,731
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Snoopy Bowl >>>> 2 regular season games a year.
    True. It's why Rexy put Sanchez into such an important game in the 4th quarter against future burger flippers instead of Simms. After all, how Sanchez performed with 3"s and 4's against 3's and 4's was important in determining who our starting QB should be.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    How can you be a Jets fan and not hate the Giants? Mind boggling.
    Agreed. Unless you live outside of NY and don't have to deal with Giants fans.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Action View Post
    Hate the Giants? He does know we play them only once every 4 years, right? Like Buzzsaw said, our rivals are the Pats and the Fish. No one else comes close.
    This. I really don't have anything against the Giants. Not that I like them, but we just never play them enough to warrant a real rivalry.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,731
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post

    And that’s just what his new head coach Rex Ryan loves about him.

    “He just said ‘Be yourself,” the safety explained, “and just talk trash and try to get them out their game.’”
    So much for the element of surprise.

  8. #48
    Jets fan who say they "hate" the giants are more jealous than anything(they will never admit it though)

    If the giants hadn't been successful recently and was a franchise like say the browns or jaguars nobody would care that they are in the same city

    To me they are just the other team in NY. I have no reason to root for them or hate them

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayboiX View Post
    Jets fan who say they "hate" the giants are more jealous than anything(they will never admit it though)

    If the giants hadn't been successful recently and was a franchise like say the browns or jaguars nobody would care that they are in the same city

    To me they are just the other team in NY. I have no reason to root for them or hate them
    Bullsh*t. It's not a matter of jealousy, because I know a lot of Giants fans who are anti-Jet. Its simple, we share the same market, it's a rivalry.

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,271
    Jets aren't even on the same planet as the Giants and if you think otherwise you are fooling yourself. But that being said, phuck the Giants.

  11. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,460
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayboiX View Post
    Jets fan who say they "hate" the giants are more jealous than anything(they will never admit it though)

    If the giants hadn't been successful recently and was a franchise like say the browns or jaguars nobody would care that they are in the same city

    To me they are just the other team in NY. I have no reason to root for them or hate them


    I hate them, but I admit I'm jealous of their success, and hate the fans more than anything else.

    It sounds like the jets organization as a whole also hates the giants, and the pats. I'm glad that's the case. But Pryor needs to keep his mouth shut.

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I keep saying I hate the Giants. Just cant justify hating them as much as divisional opponents. His point is that thinking that way makes me a Giants fan who should parade around in that ugly assed blue #10 jersey. Saying the same things over and over to someone who routinely calls people idiots gets annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    That's where you're just very dense. If you don't feel any hatred towards them, if you don't care about them, why would it feel odd wearing a jersey of a team from NY that has a different color on it? Just using your logic here. And your lame excuses of accusing me of doing something that virtually everybody has done, and you continuing to insult people and act like a 7 year old doesn't really help your case to be honest.
    I'm dense? The first line of my post, which you quoted, says I hate the Giants. Then you ask why I don't have hatred of them? Really? Are you too "dense" to understand there is a difference between I hate them and I hate the Dolfags more? Can anyone be this ignorant? You have the nerve to talk about logic? You're lost as lost can be. And stop with the stupid jersey talk, you're making an ass out of yourself. As are any other geniuses who dont see the difference.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-06-2014 at 09:54 PM.

  13. #53
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macon, Georgia
    Posts
    336
    Why this hasn't focused on the fact that he mentioned Brady and the Pats but instead got derailed into a fight over the lesser point the guy made is beyond me. Sure he could've mentioned all the teams in our division, but he was just making a "General" statement that he is getting into the spirit of the team and everything that goes with it. GEEZ! Leave it to Jets fans to get into a civil war over something so stupid. The kid will have plenty of time to learn all about the other big rivalries we have.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Action View Post
    Hate the Giants? He does know we play them only once every 4 years, right? Like Buzzsaw said, our rivals are the Pats and the Fish. No one else comes close.
    I hate the Giants! I don't care about their non existent impact on our regular season record.

    The Jets are indoctrinating the pups well. Throw in some fish hate and they're set.

  15. #55
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,575
    Starting to really like this guy.

    And I don't get why any Jets fan would question hating the giants. Patriots are the only team I hate more.

  16. #56
    Fans should be measured by the love and dedication they show their teams and not by the distaste of their rivals.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So much for the element of surprise.
    What surprise?

    Opposing teams would know his goal after a series or two.


    I just want him to break up a pass or intercept one.....or failing that, just hit someone hard.


    (I gave you back your "like". I'm such a nice guy, you know? )

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,218
    I hate 31 teams. Some more than others. Giants Pats Dolphins 49ers and Cowboys are my top 5 hate teams. Hate em all, but those guys I despise the most.

  19. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portlandia, OR
    Posts
    1,125
    Of course we hate the Giants and Patriots, both consider themselves our superior and have more Super Bowl wins than us.
    If we had one more of our own then maybe it would be different. I have to say though, one hit from the Giants did
    make our season better last year. Good job Slugger!

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Action View Post
    Fans should be measured by the love and dedication they show their teams and not by the distaste of their rivals.
    So you don't have a "distaste" for the Patriots?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us