Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez struggles early with Eagles at OTAs

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez struggles early with Eagles at OTAs

The good news in Philadelphia is that starting quarterback Nick Foles is looking good in Organized Team Activities. Backups Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley? Not so much.

Sanchez and Barkley have both been struggling, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Sanchez is ahead of Barkley on the depth chart and has been running the second-string offense, but he’s been missing throws and throwing interceptions. Sanchez has only been with the Eagles for two months, so perhaps he’ll get more comfortable in Chip Kelly’s offense with more time, but the early returns aren’t promising.

Barkley, however, may be struggling even more. Barkley is running the third-string offense and splitting reps with G.J. Kinne, a 25-year-old who has bounced around the league for a couple years but has never played in an NFL game. It’s not even clear that Barkley is ahead of Kinne in the race to become the Eagles’ third-string quarterback.

In other words, Philadelphia fans need to hope Foles stays healthy for 16 games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-eagles-otas/

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    The good news in Philadelphia is that starting quarterback Nick Foles is looking good in Organized Team Activities. Backups Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley? Not so much.

Sanchez and Barkley have both been struggling, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Sanchez is ahead of Barkley on the depth chart and has been running the second-string offense, but he’s been missing throws and throwing interceptions. Sanchez has only been with the Eagles for two months, so perhaps he’ll get more comfortable in Chip Kelly’s offense with more time, but the early returns aren’t promising.

Barkley, however, may be struggling even more. Barkley is running the third-string offense and splitting reps with G.J. Kinne, a 25-year-old who has bounced around the league for a couple years but has never played in an NFL game. It’s not even clear that Barkley is ahead of Kinne in the race to become the Eagles’ third-string quarterback.

In other words, Philadelphia fans need to hope Foles stays healthy for 16 games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-eagles-otas/
    I get that this article was just posted today, so I'm not knocking you...but isn't this almost the exact same article we read like a week or two ago?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't blame him. He needs to be in their offense for at least 10 years before they really start to know what he can do.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Needs a big contract to boost his confidence

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In other news.....the sky remains blue.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Eagles just need to add Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson, Wes Welker, Alshon Jeffrey, Vernon Davis and Rob Gronkowski in order for Sanchez to escalate his game to the level of mediocrity.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt think Sanchez was a great fit for that offense from the get go. They pass alot. He will work hard and be serviceable at least. they just have to run more when he comes in

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Can't blame him. He needs to be in their offense for at least 10 years before they really start to know what he can do.
    Big Mac you are too funny lol

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schottenheimers fault, the O-Lines fault, no weapons around him, bringing in another QB killed his confidence

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So ray ray was wrong? I thought every Jet was the bestest! I'm sure he will turn it around, we drafted him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to say that Sanchez will never achieve what he did the first two years as a NY Jet. That was the highlight of his NFL career ending with the infamous "butt fumble" that Brandon Moore will never stop talking about at cocktail parties either. Good luck Mark in all your future endeavors.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    But...but...I just don't understand.

SAR and the rest of the apologists told me that he just needed a fresh start in a new city with an innovative, offensive minded coach?

Something is amiss...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    The Eagles just need to add Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson, Wes Welker, Alshon Jeffrey, Vernon Davis and Rob Gronkowski in order for Sanchez to escalate his game to the level of mediocrity.
    LOL!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee
    Sanchez is missing throws and throwing interceptions.
    I've seen this movie before... it sucked.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Sorry to say that Sanchez will never achieve what he did the first two years as a NY Jet. That was the highlight of his NFL career ending with the infamous "butt fumble" that Brandon Moore will never stop talking about at cocktail parties either. Good luck Mark in all your future endeavors.
    Is that right?? That's hilarious!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Eagles need to sign Brunnell and Scotty McKnight asap.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why must we continue to belittle someone who is not on the team anymore?!? Here's is a slighty different take.

• The overwhelming feeling here among the media is that Mark Sanchez has looked bad so far, and I don't disagree. However, he has also occasionally looked pretty good. For example, on Monday, he completed a really sharp out route in traffic. He also hit a nice seem route into a tight window down the seam. Those are the plays where you can see why the Eagles brought him in.

And then there are moments where his passes are nowhere near anyone. Sometimes he's clearly throwing the ball away toward the sidelines, which is fine, and then there are other times he's throwing to empty spaces in the middle of the field, where it's difficult to figure out what he's trying to do. When you see passes that don't make any sense, more than likely they're miscommunications. Sanchez is still learning the offense. If he continues to make a high number of weird throws in August, it'll be more concerning. But in June, on a new team, his erratic play so far is probably to be expected no matter what anyone's preconceived notion of the player may be.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/s...mzmMwBR5FWx.99
    Edit : Did more digging and it seems he threw 2 TD's and no picks, while Foles threw 2 picks.
    Last edited by FMJets; 06-10-2014 at 06:06 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    The overwhelming feeling here among the media is that Mark Sanchez has looked bad so far, and I don't disagree. However, he has also occasionally looked pretty good.
    Mark Sanchez's career in a nutshell.

Sure, he'll have his good moments when he looks like a decent NFL quarterback. Then he'll turn around and make a throw that baffles the mind. Bottom line, he doesn't have the mental aptitude to succeed regularly. Consistency has been his biggest issue since day 1.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    I get that this article was just posted today, so I'm not knocking you...but isn't this almost the exact same article we read like a week or two ago?
    I think last week Barkley was ahead of him.