Thread: JustReturned-Portugal v Ireland - Jets VIP Expr&Roster players who hung out tonight

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

JustReturned-Portugal v Ireland - Jets VIP Expr&Roster players who hung out tonight

So I was comp-ed 2 Section 104 Tix, MetLife 50 Yrd Club Access, and On Field Pregame for tonight's Portugal v. Ireland game.

THe relevant parts.

* David Nelson is TALL and SLENDER. he definitely has a slender frame that doesn't look like it can take a lot of over the middle punishment. VERY defensive about the "false rumors" regarding his "sickness" while in Haiti. I asked how he was feeling and his response was a bit terse on that topic. I wished him a good year and stated that I was glad he was extended, he shows good hustle.

* Trevor Reilly is thin. Will definitely need a a year on the PS to fill out his body. He has the height & length, but NO WAY near the mass you'd expect for a 3-4 OLB. He was surprised I knew who he was and his background - wished him luck on strengthening knee and welcomed him to the Jets.

* Leger Douzable resembles Marvin Jones, same chill facial demeanor. He has the torso build of a Lineman (at first thought he was Demario Davis) but has REALLY REALLY thin legs & ankles which surprised me for a DLman. Didn't speak to him and he was annoyed when a JEts fan knew he was a player but not who HE was specifically yet took like 5 pics with him.

* Mo Wilkerson is the King of the Jungle. Roams the area like a Lion in his pasture. Rolled in with a small group of friends, sat in the back secluded from everybody else. My gf mocked his "moobs." This is the 2nd time I've seen him upclose - he is a BIG MAN.

* Dexter McDougle IS Dee Miliner, but shorter. Identical twin to the T! He is BY NO MEANS SMALL. He it SOLID and Muscled up as you can get for a guy his size. Well proportioned and looks the part of a "quick" guy. Seemed very outgoing and I now understand the write-ups saying he's a "confident young guy." Definitely has the swagger of a CB and even talked about how it was "not the same to be in the VIP Club" and was going to go back outside to be in the crowd.

The 50 yard Club is NICE, but VERY isolated. I would not want to watch a game there, let alone a STH at that Price T$A$G. It was like a funeral wake inside with NO AUDIO of the game and yet the screaming of the crowd was felt through the walls. very eery.

Just sharing. It was cool to see some players, I actually enjoyed talking to the rookies who were shocked to even know they'd be recognized. McDougle didn't suffer from that, he was VERY quick to pose for pics and greet. We may have a Diamond-in-the-rough- with the 3rd Round CB frmo Maryland.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing and repping intelligent fans well. Always happy to hear stories of a knowledgeable fan recognizing a guy like Reilly...maybe it's unrealistic but I think it gives those guys a little extra morale and motivation.

I noticed the Doogie and Dee facial similarities on video but funny to hear it's even more pronounced in person.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    if Reilly doesn't make the active roster, i just see him being cut. what is he, 26-27? no time to wasted with him

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilkerson is an awesome dude. He goes to so many NY events and is always rooting for NY teams. I follow him on Instagram he's often in attendance front row at NY sporting events. Rangers, Knicks…this guy will be here for a long time he loves the area he lives in and the team he plays for...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing! It sounds like a fun event and for free sounds even better. Didn't mean to hit "dislike" on your post. I wish there was an undo button...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nevermind that, how are ronaldo's abs?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by engage8 View Post
    Wilkerson is an awesome dude. He goes to so many NY events and is always rooting for NY teams. I follow him on Instagram he's often in attendance front row at NY sporting events. Rangers, Knicks…this guy will be here for a long time he loves the area he lives in and the team he plays for...
    he has a street named after him in his hometown in Long Island... near jones beach... a new yorker his whole life
    Last edited by Mikey Z 6; 06-11-2014 at 02:25 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    he has a street named after him in his hometown in Long Island... near jones beach... a new yorker his whole life
    wilkerson is from Linden, NJ.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    wilkerson is from Linden, NJ.
    Yeah, I thought he was from Jersey

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    You might be thinking of Brick who hails from Freeport.