Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Flowers Is Now A Free Agent ...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    Link? When did he say that?
    I'd have a hard time believing anyone dislikes C-mini more than me, but in straight up news he's not clueless. If it turns out they have interest in Flowers, look for C-mini's negative take on it. That's where he shines.
    Them bringing in Flowers, like they did with CJ, would show they're interested.
    Cimini, and reporters like Cimini lack the ability to generate stories.

He sends out a tweet saying the Jets have no interest. If the Jets show interest, he can spin it any way he wants - particularly to make the Jets look terrible (in order to make people hate him and read his articles - like Howard Stern did with his radio show). If they don't show interest, Cimini looks like a knowledgable source.

He manipulates the situation to show he's doing something and knows something. The reality is, he knows very little about football and it shows.

How much brown nosing, kissing ass and sucking up this guy had to do to land his spot must be unquantifiable.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Cimini, and reporters like Cimini lack the ability to generate stories.
    He sends out a tweet saying the Jets have no interest. If the Jets show interest, he can spin it any way he wants - particularly to make the Jets look terrible (in order to make people hate him and read his articles - like Howard Stern did with his radio show). If they don't show interest, Cimini looks like a knowledgable source.
    He manipulates the situation to show he's doing something and knows something. The reality is, he knows very little about football and it shows.
    How much brown nosing, kissing ass and sucking up this guy had to do to land his spot must be unquantifiable.
    LOL...That's what's it's come too nowadays haha. I agree also about his real Football knowledge-totally. He doesn't know about the game itself like he likes to portray it. No doubt. Mehta even less-zero.

I've hated the guy going back to when he first appeared on the NY Daily News before the internet. But, more times than not he was right when it came to real info, in the battles with the NY Post trying to gain readers. His hate was palpable then tho.
    Right now I'm not putting a lot of stock in the other article until I see more proof. That's all

Stay the Idzik course! We don't need another smurf who can't handle the taller, stronger wr's. THAT'S WHY KC DUMPED HIM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    Link? When did he say that?
    I'd have a hard time believing anyone dislikes C-mini more than me, but in straight up news he's not clueless. If it turns out they have interest in Flowers, look for C-mini's negative take on it. That's where he shines.
    Them bringing in Flowers, like they did with CJ, would show they're interested.
    I think I can give you or anybody a run for this honor.

I despise that *******, I would love to meet him, to challenge him and his crap.

His smarminess oozes out from his ass and mouth at the same time and it drives me insane...

He's a condescending know it all, and he's not very football literate at all, it's all about the TMZ like presentation.

He's lazy and arrogant, and needs to be knocked off of his pedestal.

I'm a bit surprised that Idzik and the Jets are making a play for Flowers, I guess he is still a good player but thought maybe he wouldn't be a fit with Rex.

I also thought the Jets did well to address their CB position, and have some players in Patterson and the rookie McDougal, and even some potential with Ras-I-Dowling, but I could see why this move would make sense if Idzik can cash in with a low to moderate price tag, just low enough that Flowers has to come in and compete and earn a spot, but give the Jets more options at the position to provide insurance with the other players competing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that Idzik and the Jets are making a play for Flowers, I guess he is still a good player but thought maybe he wouldn't be a fit with Rex.

I also thought the Jets did well to address their CB position, and have some players in Patterson and the rookie McDougal, and even some potential with Ras-I-Dowling, but I could see why this move would make sense if Idzik can cash in with a low to moderate price tag, just low enough that Flowers has to come in and compete and earn a spot, but give the Jets more options at the position to provide insurance with the other players competing.
    So the Jets are making a play for Flowers?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'll be surprised too with Flowers. But you know, with all the money they have, I'll welcome a veteran in, for a year or two, to help them compete. Whether it's CB, OL, whatever.
    Like you I'm not jumping at everybody that's freed up tho. I like Idzik's patience, and commitment, to speed, youth, and versatility, and picking his spots at throwing the money around with Cap.

All League
    I think the Jets may have a cursory interest especially if our #1 CB continues with his injury prone history from college and his first year in the NFL. If lets say Milliner gets hurt this season for more than 1 game, who will you have as our #1 & #2 CB's? I think for now it would probably be Patterson and either Wilson/McDougal. Patterson himself has a long history of injuries. I'm not indicating that we should sign Flowers or even the Texans CB if he's released, I'm saying that if Idzik and company believe he could help our team, I trust that they have the right idea of how they can use him rather than us who have no idea outside of whether he can help us or not.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Again, this is not Madden. Why don't you just think this through for once and see if it makes sense or not based on how Idzik is running this team? You bring up the cap space situation. HINT: You don't get that much cap space by making Madden type moves. Idzik is not stupid, he doesn't panic, he has a clear vision on how to build this team. We went out to replace Cro with Patterson. End of story. Case closed. Only in Madden do you now pick up everything that you can with all the cap space you have left, all the garbage that other teams leave behind. That would only prove to everybody that Idzik doesn't really know where this team is heading, that he doesn't have a plan and an idea what this team is supposed to look like. And again, I he's not that type of guy. Besides, Flowers is an over the hill, short, slow corner who in my opinion doesn't fit this defense. This would be a textbook Madden type move. Go out there, pick up anybody with a big name and don't think anything through, don't consider anything, just get him so we have more guys on our team. Can't hurt! Whatever...

So the jets reached out to flowers. I guess idzick is an incompetent madden tupe gm.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 66whiteshoes View Post
    Stay the Idzik course! We don't need another smurf who can't handle the taller, stronger wr's. THAT'S WHY KC DUMPED HIM!!!
    Patterson, who Idzik brought in as a FA and McDougle, who Idzik drafted, are only 5'10"

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Patterson, who Idzik brought in as a FA and McDougle, who Idzik drafted, are only 5'10"
    Exactly.....I don't know where we got the notion that 6'2 corners grow on trees......

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Exactly.....I don't know where we got the notion that 6'2 corners grow on trees......
    DRC was 6'1"

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    So the jets reached out to flowers.
    What else did your little imaginary friend tell you?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Speaking of CB's here's a link I found interesting about Revis and the Pats.. http://musketfire.com/2014/06/13/new...oppolo-shines/

Especially this.. One of the newest members of that secondary, Darrelle Revis, was tested a bit more yesterday, even getting beat a few times by Julian Edelman.

Julian Edelman beat Darrelle Revis for a couple catches during practice. It’s the first time we’ve noticed Revis get beat in the three open practices.

Is this something that is worth noting? Of course. But this doesn’t mean for a second that Edelman is even close to Revis in terms of talent. I love Edelman, but Revis is on a whole different planet. Once the Pats put the pads on, Edelman will have a very difficult time getting off of ‘Revis Island’.

And finally, Jimmy Garoppolo, the Patriots second round pick, took advantage of Ryan Mallett’s absence, and turned in a very good workout.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    DRC was 6'1"
    And Ras-I Dowling is also 6'1" and was a lot cheaper. Let's see how he does before lamenting about DRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And Ras-I Dowling is also 6'1" and was a lot cheaper. Let's see how he does before lamenting about DRC.
    Im not lamenting about DRC.Dowling can't be relied on, neither can Patterson. You know that Jordy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    So the jets reached out to flowers. I guess idzick is an incompetent madden tupe gm.
    It's Da, only Madden when it comes players he doesn't want. When it comes to a player he likes, say Patterson, not so much. He'll flip fool again eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It's Da, only Madden when it comes players he doesn't want. When it comes to a player he likes, say Patterson, not so much. He'll flip fool again eventually
    Flowers is a threat to Patterson, their careers are night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He liked Patterson because he was cheap.Patterson has no track record of success nut.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    He liked Patterson because he was cheap.Patterson has no track record of success nut.
    And the facts are....even in his best year last year, he still only played 6 games, starting 4, some of those 6 he spent time in the slot. No way you get 16 games shutting down #1 receivers out of him.

Now Milliner and flowers at CB and Patterson in the slot, that's an upgrade on last years secondary IMO.
    Last edited by Harrier; 06-15-2014 at 01:51 PM.