Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots getting copies of Jets defensive playbooks?

Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    Hey, BJ don't interrupt the annual Jet fans' pity party with common sense. Don't you understand its a principle for every Jet fan that it's never THEIR team's fault. How can they live with the Pats dominance of the division even though this has been the best 15 year stretch in Jets history; if they can't blame it on "cheating".

What they didn't get was the REAL purpose of Pettine's comments was that Rex was an idiot who was so full of himself that he left Jet playbooks all over the place where ANYONE can see then. And Pettine [isn't going to make the same mistake. [/I] When I say ANYONE, I mean anyone. Just click the link below, and you can see for yourself.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqgaQu2CQAIB08O.png:large

This isn't about the Pats, its about the current Jets HC.
    Who threw up the bat dick signal for this Patriot homer ball washer?

I hope Belichick ends up bunking with Hernandez for this momentous crime.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not for nothing but Rex's blitzes stopped fooling teams back in 2009. The way we are going to win is the same way everyone wins which is with better talent, better game plans and fewer mistakes.

And this isn't the first time Pettine is accused of being a rat. I am sure that after he gets fired this year in Cleveland he lands in New England where he belongs.
    For everything, you're wrong. He continuously comes up with different blitzing schemes, you can argue the overload has teams looking for it, but Rex is highly regarded for his blitz schemes. Talent will make it that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I think Pettine just lost three friends. Imagine what Saban thinks of him now?
    Exactly. I bet Saban is thinking about going over to Pettine's house and kicking his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Please list all the ways he's made himself look foolish here. Or anywhere else in the past year.

Other than the foolish claims that he does it all the time, actually give us more than a few, that separate him from others.
    He doesn't know, he's a clown, just another ignorant SOJF tool with an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Couldn't agree more!

Pettine is a dirty filthy rat.
    His QB is a bltchy lil punk who steps on a Jets helmet. Fvck them and fvck Cleveland.
    I was sort of pulling for them back when he took that job, but now I hope they finish the collapse and MP proves to be a monumental failure.
    And I wouldn't expect him to be teaming up with Belicheat after he's fired... He's mr gossip king!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not for nothing but Rex's blitzes stopped fooling teams back in 2009. The way we are going to win is the same way everyone wins which is with better talent, better game plans and fewer mistakes.

And this isn't the first time Pettine is accused of being a rat. I am sure that after he gets fired this year in Cleveland he lands in New England where he belongs.
    Hmm. Look at Brady's stats against Rex's defense last season, neither game above 50%, generated 13 and 20 offensive points, 2 of the worst 3 games he played all season. Even if this was a story, it certainly wasn't from last season. The Jets under Rex Ryan have actually played the Patriots pretty well in general over the last 5 seasons.

Pats are 7-4 against the Jets under Rex (53-23 vs. rest of NFL)
    Pats have averaged 27.7 points per game under Rex (30.2 vs. rest of NFL)

I'm not saying the Jets shouldn't be better, but even if they had the book for the Jets Thanksgiving Butt Fumble game, the Jets offense was overrun too. This is a non-story, and kind of a weird one.

Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    Hey, BJ don't interrupt the annual Jet fans' pity party with common sense. Don't you understand its a principle for every Jet fan that it's never THEIR team's fault. How can they live with the Pats dominance of the division even though this has been the best 15 year stretch in Jets history; if they can't blame it on "cheating".

What they didn't get was the REAL purpose of Pettine's comments was that Rex was an idiot who was so full of himself that he left Jet playbooks all over the place where ANYONE can see then. And Pettine [isn't going to make the same mistake. [/I] When I say ANYONE, I mean anyone. Just click the link below, and you can see for yourself.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqgaQu2CQAIB08O.png:large

This isn't about the Pats, its about the current Jets HC.
    Not only did Rex defend Belichick and put Pettine back in his place, he also destroyed yet another ignorant myopic rant that you couldn't even be bothered to wait for the facts to come out.

Watch Rex' response to this in his PC today you tool.

You ****ing Pats homers are complete morons.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Pettine is usually a savvy MF.. but most dirty rats are. At first I came across pretty impressed with him in CLC, in which he seemed to be in stark contrast to Manish's #1 inside source. But then I thought about it, and quickly realized - Pettine obviously knew that an author was in the room, and as a rat does, he pretended to be someone he's not. Guys like Rex don't give a F about an author being around and acts like himself. Pettine though made sure to stay in the author's good graces.. kind of like he did with Manish by providing him with inside info.. Long story short, him saying this crap about Rex today doesn't surprise me. He's a clown. Have fun in Cleveland.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Not only did Rex defend Belichick and put Pettine back in his place, he also destroyed yet another ignorant myopic rant that you couldn't even be bothered to wait for the facts to come out.
    Watch Rex' response to this in his PC today you tool.
    You ****ing Pats homers are complete morons.

Owned.

Dude's in his own world of chit....Tabloids were made for that type.

I think this is more Pettine trying to make excuses for himself, than trying to out Rex or Saban. The last two years when Pettine was the DC here, Brady and Pats were doing much better than they had been in the past when the defense was even more elite, and probably one of the reasons why Pettine wasn't asked back here. So I think more than anything, he's trying to shift the blame elsewhere to downplay his defensive unit not stopping Brady on a consistent basis.

Also, the Pats must have stole the Bills playbook as well because they put up 60 points on them last year in two games.

Si has the full story.

And in the comments someone has posted a link to the 2010 Defensive Playbook.

The last time Brady kicked our asses was when Pettine was calling the defense.

Smells like excuse-making to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    THe playbooks don't matter... You can watch film to determine an entire team's playbook.

Signals and figuring out what play is called is everything... THe Patriots already figured out ways of stealing that.

And Pettine is such a dick.. Hope he fails miserably in Cleveland.
    This pretty much sums up my feelings on the issue.

“It didn’t shock me because Rex would give them out like candy anyway,” was the quote attributed to Pettine. “He gave one out to [Alabama coach Nick] Saban and I was like, ‘Don’t you know Saban and Bill are pretty good friends? I have a feeling it’s going to end up in New England.’ ”
    Dude seriously needs to shut the **** up. He's like an NFL version of the Kardashians.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/19/browns-...at-ex-boss-rex

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

After reading Collision Low Crossers, I got the feeling Pettine didn't have a high regard for Rex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the Jets happen to play Cleveland this year? Outside of New England, there's not another team I want the Jets to kick the **** out of than this one. If only because of this guy.

I'd love nothing more than for Rex to lay the smackdown on Pettine and not even give him the courtesy of a handshake at the end of the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    If having the other teams playbook will determine a win or loss, I fail to see it. Execution, breaks, and matchups are almost always the deciding factors. Other teams playbooks are highly overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Exactly. Now imagine if the offense knew the defense's hand signals and calls? Now THAT would give the offense a distinct advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    With the way the Jets offense was the past two years, they could've known every single defensive-playcall by the opposing team done in the exact order, and they'd STILL lose games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
    If Rex gives out the playbooks to people like Saban, Is Woody unethical to keep Rex on the payroll?
    What do you mean "like Saban?"

Do you mean people who are of Croatian descent? Or people who are Roman Catholic?