Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady working with private QB coach....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Knew this would be up on the board. So he has a private tutor. Maybe we'll get a QB good enough that
    he needs to use some of his huge salary to hire his own coach.
    I don't understand why this is even news. Brady has always worked with someone. Before house it was Tom Martinez. Big deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tom House has really parlayed catching Hank Aaron's 715th HR into quite a little empire.

All League
    Why is it that Brady has had such a good record against the Jets over the years? Is it primarily due to him being that good, or mostly the Jets being bad?
    Since I would hate to see anyone's head explode over and internet question, even a Jets fan, I will attempt to give Chrebet what he wants.

The fact is the last 15 years could be considered the Jets "golden age" in terms of them being a consistent winning team. Now granted its all relative to a horrid past, but if you look at the jets over the last decade or more, there have been more winning seasons than not. Its very hard to see that relative success given the historic success of the Pats over the same period.

So to answer the question, I think the Pats relative success during the Brady era over the Jets, is more about the Pats being good than the Jets being bad.

As to the QB guru story, if you read the entire thing, the biggest take away was Brady's seeming desire to play well into his 40's. If anyone can do it, its Tom. With the kind of training and nutrition these guys go through these days, the kind of declines we used to see in athletes this age is being postponed. This is especially true of QB's in the NFL. It would be hard for Brady to get "less" athletic, since he started with so little in the first place. His arm is actually much stronger now that it was when he can into the league, and his motivation is just as high. As long as his competitive juices remain at such a high level, Tom Brady will be an effective QB in the NFL.

Bret Farve had one of his greatest seasons after turning 40, and he left a year later, but always claimed it was the lack of motivation that kept him from coming back, not the physical aspect of the game. Now the bad news for Jets fans (and Jimmy Garapolo) is that for the next 3 years.....at least..... Brady will be a top 8 QB in this league. After that he'll never drop below 15 for as long as he wants to play.

The long national nightmare for Jet fans that is Tom Brady is NOT going away anytime so soon. So for those of you pathetic enough to pray to your Gods for him to get hurt, you have a point, because that's the only way you are going to get rid of him......at least for the next 3-4 years. And for those of you tying your ship to the hope that last season's individual regression was the beginning of the end, you are going to be sadly disappointed this season. You guys saw the Pats offense at its WORST, and it still got us to the AFCCG. And this year we might even have a defense worth talking about

The Pasts* had one of the worst D's in the NFL last season. Just what did they do to help them stop the run? Brady is aging fast. The last few years show this. The numbers do not lie. Funny how you mentioned Farve. Brady may be moved out just like he was at some point soon.

Just what kind of crystal ball tell you the things you wrote in your final paragraph? Didn't BB move the previous QB to insert Brady after an injury?

Working with a private.........oh that's what their calling it now. Hmmmmmm

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Fwiw I find it hilarious.

I love that the board kindly thanks me when I remove rep from patsfanken.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I love that the board kindly thanks me when I remove rep from patsfanken.
    I was unable to remove from him, so I tossed you a rep nug!

It seems like he's totally joking with his level of delusion... bus as the post goes on... and on, you realize he actually believes the diarrhea he's typing.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    Since I would hate to see anyone's head explode over and internet question, even a Jets fan, I will attempt to give Chrebet what he wants.

The fact is the last 15 years could be considered the Jets "golden age" in terms of them being a consistent winning team. Now granted its all relative to a horrid past, but if you look at the jets over the last decade or more, there have been more winning seasons than not. Its very hard to see that relative success given the historic success of the Pats over the same period.

So to answer the question, I think the Pats relative success during the Brady era over the Jets, is more about the Pats being good than the Jets being bad.

As to the QB guru story, if you read the entire thing, the biggest take away was Brady's seeming desire to play well into his 40's. If anyone can do it, its Tom. With the kind of training and nutrition these guys go through these days, the kind of declines we used to see in athletes this age is being postponed. This is especially true of QB's in the NFL. It would be hard for Brady to get "less" athletic, since he started with so little in the first place. His arm is actually much stronger now that it was when he can into the league, and his motivation is just as high. As long as his competitive juices remain at such a high level, Tom Brady will be an effective QB in the NFL.

Bret Farve had one of his greatest seasons after turning 40, and he left a year later, but always claimed it was the lack of motivation that kept him from coming back, not the physical aspect of the game. Now the bad news for Jets fans (and Jimmy Garapolo) is that for the next 3 years.....at least..... Brady will be a top 8 QB in this league. After that he'll never drop below 15 for as long as he wants to play.

The long national nightmare for Jet fans that is Tom Brady is NOT going away anytime so soon. So for those of you pathetic enough to pray to your Gods for him to get hurt, you have a point, because that's the only way you are going to get rid of him......at least for the next 3-4 years. And for those of you tying your ship to the hope that last season's individual regression was the beginning of the end, you are going to be sadly disappointed this season. You guys saw the Pats offense at its WORST, and it still got us to the AFCCG. And this year we might even have a defense worth talking about
    Could have saved you a lot of time. Brady's won a lot of games but his wining % is slightly lower vs the Jets than the league. So it's not that the Jets weren't as good as the rest of the league.

Brady's last two games vs. the Jets:

19-39, 185, 1, 0
    22-46, 228, 0, 1

If Brady is a "long national nightmare," this is the part of the nightmare where you realize you're dreaming and it's only a matter of time before you wake up.

Jets Insider VIP

And with all of this advanced training and nutrition, Brett Favre is the only QB in the last 15 years or so who was a starting QB at the age of 40 or more.

And the number of QB's who played into their 40's was much more common prior to this age of "training and nutrition," as you put it, so there goes THAT theory.

We won't all of a sudden see an influx of 40 year old starting QB's. Why? First of all, the speed of the game and the athleticism of today's players will impact a 40 year old's success. But maybe more importantly, the money that starting QB's garner in today's game gives them little incentive or desire to play at that age. Having said that, I can understand Brady wanting to play into his 40's. Why? Because he's a gay man pretending to be straight and by retiring he would have to live a life on a daily basis that he's not wired for.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The PC Police are looking for you they just arrested a radio commentator for using the phrase "Chink in the Armor"..
    Please enlarge sig pic...tough to simultaneously fap + squint. Thankee

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet_The_Man View Post
    In your opinion, why do you think he's had the Jets number for the most part over his career?
    The Jets have actually played Brady better than almost any other team r-tard.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Brady's last two games vs. the Jets:

19-39, 185, 1, 0
    22-46, 228, 0, 1

If Brady is a "long national nightmare," this is the part of the nightmare where you realize you're dreaming and it's only a matter of time before you wake up.
    Jets won one game in spite of themselves. If the Jets' offense improves and doesn't make the mistakes they made last year, NE will have another 2 games on the schedule that they don't want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    The Pasts* had one of the worst D's in the NFL last season. Just what did they do to help them stop the run? Brady is aging fast. The last few years show this. The numbers do not lie. Funny how you mentioned Farve. Brady may be moved out just like he was at some point soon.

Just what kind of crystal ball tell you the things you wrote in your final paragraph? Didn't BB move the previous QB to insert Brady after an injury?
    The Pats' defense was not one of the worst in the NFL last year. They were tenth in fewest points allowed. They have improved their run defense by having Mayo, Wilfork, and Kelly return from injuries. They all were on IR before midseason. Wilfork and Kelly are bit of question marks because of their age, but Mayo should be a huge improvement.

In 2012, the Pats had the #1 offense in the league. Brady threw for 4,827 yards, 34 TDs, and only 8 INTs that season which all better than his 2010 season (other than INTs where he only had 4). Last year he only had Gronk for 6 games, Amendola was injured all year, Dobson broke his foot in the Denver game. He basically only had Edelman to throw to down the stretch of the season. That is why his numbers fell so much last year. Is he slowing because of age? Maybe. But even the Jets might have had a deeper receiving corp in the last month or so of the season last year.

Brady could be moved at some point in the next few years, but he is due to make something like $8 million a season in seasons 2015-2017 and not have a cap hit larger than $15 million any season through the end of his contract. Odds are good that as long as he is at least a top 5-10 QB, he will be with the Pats until 2017. The only way I see him moved before then is if he has a Dan Marino type collapse (went from elite to below average in like two years) or Garoppolo turns into a stud. I am not expecting either.

Veteran
    Wouldn't it be great if Brady started working out with a private coach and he lost a step or move and never got it back.
    What would Pats fans say? Knowing no fact or excuse existed that could explain his mediocrity. The fact that we
    exist is enough to drive them insane..... I live happily in blessed knowledge of that.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if Brady started working out with a private coach and he lost a step or move and never got it back.
    What would Pats fans say? Knowing no fact or excuse existed that could explain his mediocrity. The fact that we
    exist is enough to drive them insane..... I live happily in blessed knowledge of that.
    Brady has lost a little and will continue to loss more. That is a fact of life. Manning with his career year last year clearly has lost significant arm strength, but made up for it with his other skills. Well that, and arguably the best receiving corp in the league,

But Brady has been working with throwing coaches during the offseason his entire career. That is part of what made him so great throughout his career. He is always trying to improve himself. That is why Drew Brees does the same thing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Brady has lost a little and will continue to loss more. That is a fact of life. Manning with his career year last year clearly has lost significant arm strength, but made up for it with his other skills. Well that, and arguably the best receiving corp in the league,

But Brady has been working with throwing coaches during the offseason his entire career. That is part of what made him so great throughout his career. He is always trying to improve himself. That is why Drew Brees does the same thing.

Nobody here gives a s___.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Brady has lost a little and will continue to loss more.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Oh but according to so many out here coaching doesn't matter great QBs can just correct themselves.....

So obviously this article is a total fabrication!!!
    Tom Brady always had a personal Qb coach. Tom Martinez was the guy for so many years , till his death in 2012.