Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady working with private QB coach....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    The Pats' defense was not one of the worst in the NFL last year. They were tenth in fewest points allowed. They have improved their run defense by having Mayo, Wilfork, and Kelly return from injuries. They all were on IR before midseason. Wilfork and Kelly are bit of question marks because of their age, but Mayo should be a huge improvement.

In 2012, the Pats had the #1 offense in the league. Brady threw for 4,827 yards, 34 TDs, and only 8 INTs that season which all better than his 2010 season (other than INTs where he only had 4). Last year he only had Gronk for 6 games, Amendola was injured all year, Dobson broke his foot in the Denver game. He basically only had Edelman to throw to down the stretch of the season. That is why his numbers fell so much last year. Is he slowing because of age? Maybe. But even the Jets might have had a deeper receiving corp in the last month or so of the season last year.

Brady could be moved at some point in the next few years, but he is due to make something like $8 million a season in seasons 2015-2017 and not have a cap hit larger than $15 million any season through the end of his contract. Odds are good that as long as he is at least a top 5-10 QB, he will be with the Pats until 2017. The only way I see him moved before then is if he has a Dan Marino type collapse (went from elite to below average in like two years) or Garoppolo turns into a stud. I am not expecting either.
    Maybe the genius BB should have addressed that issue. Still no one to throw the ball to that I can see.

He worked with a private coach, can't think of his name at the moment, for his entire career for he recently passed away a few years ago.

I guess he feels like he needs one, and hell, it's always worked for him.

He's still a Top 3 QB in this league, and that was with nothing at TE for 1/2 the season, nothing on the outside and a former college QB in the slot.

In my mind it just doesn't get any better than when Tom Brady is your QB.
    What a dreamboat! All he does is win! All those championships! Amirite or what?!
    He doesn't even need anyone to throw the ball to because he is "TFB" the angel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    In my mind it just doesn't get any better than when Tom Brady is your QB.
    What a dreamboat! All he does is win! All those championships! Amirite or what?!
    He doesn't even need anyone to throw the ball to because he is "TFB" the angel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    LOLZ the kid looks like an alien.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    It looked more to me like he was working with the worst and most inexperienced receiver corps that he ever had. Don't think he's diminished much. Yet. Hope this will be the year, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Until we see otherwise on the field, Tom Brady is a superior QB. Whether he's the same Tom Brady as years past or not is irrelevant - he's better than most and a collective headache for the NY Jets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Brady is aging and even he admits it now. Good. Come on Pass Rush
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    We have to call a spade a spade, it's only fair. Would love to see someone crack the chit out of him though, and I mean crack the chit out him.

Vick will outplay him this year. Watch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if Brady started working out with a private coach and he lost a step or move and never got it back.
    What would Pats fans say? Knowing no fact or excuse existed that could explain his mediocrity. The fact that we
    exist is enough to drive them insane..... I live happily in blessed knowledge of that.
    All the technique tweaks in the world will not improve Brady's inability to perform when he has pressure. He folds up like a well lubricated lawn chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He folds up like a well lubricated lawn chair.
    What are you doing with your lawn chairs that they require so much lubrication?

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    GENO will outplay him this year. Watch.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Nobody here gives a s___.
    Considering there is a thread about Brady that is four pages long, I guess someone gives a s_____.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Maybe the genius BB should have addressed that issue. Still no one to throw the ball to that I can see.
    IDK, Gronk should be back. Dobson showed a lot of promise last year before getting injured. LaFell should provide good depth. Edelman is a 1,000 yard receiver. Vereen is a good receiving RB who should be 100% healed from the broken wrist. Amendola should be healthy at least for a while. One of the other rookies (Thompkins or Boyce) might have a second year jump. It is a better receiving corp than you give them credit for. Not one of the better ones in the league, but it can be decent.

But that is why the Pats added more on defense. They don't want to have to rely on Brady to win games all the time anymore.

But that is why the Pats added more on defense. They don't want to have to rely on Brady to win games all the time anymore.
    And it will not be enough, as your supposed "Defensive Genius" is a total fraud and pales in comparison to the real genius, Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I found this interesting........

Private quarterback coach Tom House is working to correct accuracy and deep-ball issues with Tom Brady.

Operating as a 36-year-old last season, Brady posted his lowest yardage and touchdown totals since 2006, and his lowest completion percentage since 2003. "As he's getting a little older you lose a little strength, you lose a little flexibility," House said. "So we ran him through the computer, compared him to the models we have created for movement efficiency, and there were really, really small things that were causing his issues." With a more seasoned supporting cast and these mechanical changes, we're expecting Brady to bounce back a bit and produce a low-end QB1 season. He was fantasy's No. 14 quarterback in 2013.

Source: Boston Globe
    Jun 23 - 9:45 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

You can't coach someone out of being old.

Jets Insider VIP
    Considering there is a thread about Brady that is four pages long, I guess someone gives a s_____.
    And if ASGvag were around, it would be 40 pages by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And if ASGvag were around, it would be 40 pages by now.
    Oh sweet, I have an obsessed fan now. "ASGvag"... how long did you spend coming up with that gem?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You can't coach someone out of being old.
    Or being afraid of getting hit after so many years of getting hit.

Or whining like a 11 year old.

Or not being a top 5 NFL QB anymore.........

Too soon on the last one?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Oh sweet, I have an obsessed fan now. "ASGvag"... how long did you spend coming up with that gem?
    About a nanosecond.

IDK, Gronk should be back. Dobson showed a lot of promise last year before getting injured. LaFell should provide good depth. Edelman is a 1,000 yard receiver. Vereen is a good receiving RB who should be 100% healed from the broken wrist. Amendola should be healthy at least for a while. One of the other rookies (Thompkins or Boyce) might have a second year jump. It is a better receiving corp than you give them credit for. Not one of the better ones in the league, but it can be decent.

Shows that BB know that he is on the decline, despite what the Pasts* fans think and post here. I just don't see that D moving up much past middle of the road. They could not stop the run at all last year.

Jets Insider VIP

​NARROWED

Veteran
    I think New England fans have contributed to that. If you consider the thread a rant between these two sets of fans, it could be about
    kitty litter and still be potent.