Thread: Patriots' McCourty says he's "never seen" Jets playbook...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Post Patriots' McCourty says he's "never seen" Jets playbook...

Not that he would admit it if he did.....Anyway, FWIW.....

Patriots’ McCourty says he’s ‘never seen’ Jets playbook

By Zach Braziller
    June 20, 2014 | 6:57pm

Devin McCourty #32 of the New England Patriots. Photo: Getty Images

If Bill Belichick had Rex Ryan’s defensive playbook, as Browns head coach and former Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine has claimed, the Patriots coach didn’t share it with his players.

“I’ve never seen a Jets playbook a day in my life,” Patriots defensive back Devin McCourty told The Post on Friday. “In this rivalry it’s always something.”
    Pettine told the mmqb.com website that New England may have obtained a copy of the Jets playbook a few years back, thanks to former Dolphins coach and Alabama head man Nick Saban, who was given a copy of it years ago by Ryan.

McCourty, at his alma mater St. Joseph’s Regional High School in Montvale, N.J., as the Yankees honored graduating senior Quai Jefferson as part of HOPE Week, chalked it up to another saga in the forever rivalry between the Jets and Patriots.

It’s not as if the Patiots are coming off a dominant year against the Jets, McCourty pointed out. The two teams split a pair of meetings last year.
    “If we had their playbook, people would assume they would never win a game,” McCourty said.

The latest headline-drawing news comes on the heels of Jets’ first-round pick, safety Calvin Prior, saying, “We don’t like Tom [Brady] at all” and “We hate the Patriots and we hate the Giants.”

Even at the age of 36, Brady hasn’t lost the lightning in his right arm, fresh off throwing for 4,343 yards and 25 touchdowns in leading the Patriots to the AFC Championship game. McCourty has seen that same ability this spring.

“Anybody on the other side of the field knows that [Brady hasn’t slowed down],” McCourty said. “We see it every day in practice. Last year, he had another great year. We expect the same thing. He’s a guy who just keeps working hard. You can hardly tell his age.”

As for a rookie talking trash before his first training camp, McCourty smiled and said the Patriots “don’t think about it.”
    “For them, hopefully he backs it up,” McCourty said.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/20/patriot...jets-playbook/

We need to make a fake playbook and let marsha give it to one of the pats guys while they date

Game on!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    We need to make a fake playbook and let marsha give it to one of the pats guys while they date

Game on!
    LOL.....that's classic Kotite.

While I think this story is garbage, I will say ... a Patriots defensive player would have no reason to see the Jets defensive playbook. Bill, offensive coaches and Brady would have reason.

That said, Mike Pettine is a *****.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    While I think this story is garbage, I will say ... a Patriots defensive player would have no reason to see the Jets defensive playbook. Bill, offensive coaches and Brady would have reason.

That said, Mike Pettine is a *****.
    Same thing I was thinking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post

Game on!
    I nominate you as the dateee. Brady may even tongue your arse hole.

Will McCourty even play with Revis and Browner on that team?

Veteran
    Why would any player see it unless they were the one who stole it. Its for the coaches and maybe Brady.

Hall Of Fame
    McCourty saying this is equivalent to Bill Clinton asserting that he never had "sexual relations" with that woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    That's like asking if Eric Decker will play with Ivory and CJ2K on the team.

All League
    Yeah, he plays Free Safety (much better than he played corner).

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    That's like asking if Eric Decker will play with Ivory and CJ2K on the team.
    Not really since Decker, CJ and Ivory were drafted to play their positions, McCourty was apparently a first round bust at CB and had to be moved to FS

Thanks to PaPZ187 for the information, I do not follow the cheaters

Banned
    Not really since Decker, CJ and Ivory were drafted to play their positions, McCourty was apparently a first round bust at CB and had to be moved to FS

Thanks to PaPZ187 for the information, I do not follow the cheaters
    Yes, Quinton Copples is also a bust.