Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quinton Coples Weight Loss

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RichCiminiFan View Post
    Exactly. He's a good player when he wants to be, but lacks the will to win.
    Maybe having a historically atrocious Offense affected the Defense just a little... along with the broken foot that he played with a screw in it.

And WLF username?! Yuck!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Is that really you, Rich??

If so, I just wanted to tell you, that you slurp swampy arsehole. Thanks bro

Lol, WTF is that username?

You guys questioning his "motor" and especially this absurd post about his "will to win" are just ridiculous.

You dont know their assignments, personality, or one single thing about them that you dont read from the media.

The Jets Blog had a post about how often our lineman face double teams and one thing they found, watching every 2013 snap, was how often the DLine pulled back from their rush simply to stop from pushing their man into a fellow defensive player. So dont judge effort unless you know the man or the play called.

Coples will lead the team in sacks this season.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I'm going to agree with this one.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I forgot is it a contract year?

All Pro
    This is really uninformed. But so is your username.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    That's Wilkerson's problem, too. Didn't stop him from becoming a good player.
    You are comparing Wilkerson to Coples? I mean Wilkerson plays hard every down.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    In Collision Low Crossers the Jets' greatest concern with drafting Wilkerson was whether the coaches could get him to play hard every play because they were concerned that he would take plays off.

Obviously they have succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    You're just saying that because he's a good player. His motor was a big concern coming out of Temple. And as Klecko pointed out, Wilkerson, like Coples, does not have a great motor. So, you're wrong.

Sheldon Richardson is the one with the non-stop motor.

Wilkerson, who recorded a career-high 10 sacks last season, is generally regarded as the best defensive player on the team. Klecko spoke glowingly of the former first-round pick's talent, but questioned his motor.

"I think there's a few too many plays he gives up on a little bit," Klecko said. "You know, he's big enough to hunt bear with a switch, there's no doubt. He's an unbelievable talent, but he has to put it out there every single play. Now, sure, everybody is going to say, 'Yeah, he does.' No, he doesn't, I'm telling you right now. He needs to put it out there every single play. Now, (Sheldon) Richardson does that."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ples-wilkerson
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 06-27-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Coples has done well considering he was playing a new position and a fairly difficult one to learn,
    that said, I wouldn't want to meet him in an alley, not at 290, and definitely not at 275 with increased
    quickness and speed, it's tough to keep on him blocking when he does his spin move, with a little luck
    he gets 15 sacks.

Probably our best player when playing to his potential because I think we all know Richard Sherman plays 110% every down as it is, yet he too will improve as the seasons progress.

Coples was injured and did come on like a light bulb in the last quarter of last season. I root hardest for him tbh because I feel a lot of Jets fans are down on Coples and I understand it. I feel like the guy has had a bad rap since the day he came in with questions regarding his senior year's decline in production, yet none of the reporters or scouts even mentioned the ongoing scandal drama NC was going through and the change of coaching staffs etc.

Him and Geno and Milliner now that I've started with the names are the players that if they play at a high level and slightly improve on their performance from the last 4 games, JETS could pull down 10 wins easily and some surprise.