Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The JI smart phone ads are bad

All Pro

The JI smart phone ads are bad

The "X out" X is too small to touch and doesn't respond- plus the add doesn't seamlessly drag when scrolling, the delay leaves it mid screen. So u can't X out and u can't ignore it.

I get it, it's America- make money, but the new ads can be less obtrusive. I honestly come to the sight less than I did prior to the ads. The competition isn't doing it, this short term gain might actually hurt business in the long run.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't think a single person on the planet had ever bought anything because of an obtrusive, annoying ad.

But they keep doing it.

Jets Insider VIP

Veteran
    I also keep getting ads that either take up the entire bottom half of the screen and cannot be removed or pop ups that straight up say the site is giving my device a virus. I get ads, don't usually mind them, the site needs to make money, that's fine. But at a certain point its counterproductive and kind of insulting/damaging to the user base. Just my 2.

All League
    Don't know if it is just me but when I come to the site on my iPhone I almost always get re-directed to the App store to buy some random BS game. I then have to exit the App store app and switch back over to the web browser. Quite annoying and only happens with JI.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Don't know if it is just me but when I come to the site on my iPhone I almost always get re-directed to the App store to buy some random BS game. I then have to exit the App store app and switch back over to the web browser. Quite annoying and only happens with JI.
    Happens to me at times too. Annoying

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Yes, happens to me as well - surprised it hasn't been fixed yet (or perhaps the site is making enough money off this redirecting that they don't care about the occasional poster leaving b/c of it).

In addition we now have a big add (approx 33% of screen next to post #1) of each thread.

1. Big adds on each thread

2. Incessant smart phone adds that come back when screen refreshes after you've x'd out once

3. Redirection to a 3rd party site from your homepage

Is this the handbook for how to kill a website, it's not like there aren't other Jets boards that disillusioned former JI's already frequent. This isn't youtube where you don't have any competition.

Make some money, fine - but this website became cumbersome and annoying very quickly.

And yes I was a VIP member for years, I supported the site financially in the past. But the strategem of making the non-paid member experience so poor you're forced to upgrade is a poor one and doomed to fail - you're just going to piss your core off and make the other sites more attractive.

Hall Of Fame
    Use Tapatalk on your phone. Become a VIP or use AdBlock on your computer's web browser. If AdBlock doesnt block everything then use a script blocker too. Dont have to be a rocket scientist to a avoid ads.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    +1

I won't tell anyone how to spend his money but if you visit JI regularly (like at least once a week) and you value the conversations and info here then I'd suggest a VIP membership. It's not crazy expensive and you get a free shirt. And ads disappear!

I actually make it a point to not spend any money toward jerkoff companies that bombard me with ads.

Like Audi for instance. NEVER will I EVER buy an Audi or their parts due to what I had to go thru trying to watch Fargo.

And also Lexus, with their December to remember.... I'll remember all right! NOT TO BUY ONE OF YOUR DAMN CARS!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Use Tapatalk on your phone. Become a VIP or use AdBlock on your computer's web browser. If AdBlock doesnt block everything then use a script blocker too. Dont have to be a rocket scientist to a avoid ads.
    This.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    +1

I won't tell anyone how to spend his money but if you visit JI regularly (like at least once a week) and you value the conversations and info here then I'd suggest a VIP membership. It's not crazy expensive and you get a free shirt. And ads disappear!
    I hate ads so I paid for the VIP and never have any issues. I have tapatalk too but I never use it. I guess I should try it out a bit more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I don't think a single person on the planet had ever bought anything because of an obtrusive, annoying ad.

But they keep doing it.
    ads are the new malware vector: you don't have to click anything and it just infects you. wheeeee!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Ever hear the ads on NFL Radio? A new low. Pathetic.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I actually make it a point to not spend any money toward jerkoff companies that bombard me with ads.

Like Audi for instance. NEVER will I EVER buy an Audi or their parts due to what I had to go thru trying to watch Fargo.

And also Lexus, with their December to remember.... I'll remember all right! NOT TO BUY ONE OF YOUR DAMN CARS!
    That Lexus ad on jets.com annoys me as well although I'm not a Lexus fan the F-sport is growing on me...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

But they keep doing it.
    I have never, nor would I ever even considering buying anything advertised on a computer, and rarely even on TV, in fact, advertising has gotten so intrusive, I honestly try to avoid anything that I have seen advertised in any media. I despise advertising because it always tries to belittle everyone into false thoughts and in most cases, hopes.

Oh by the way, has anyone watched anything on YouTube lately? YT used to be the greatest ad free service, or at least you could get off of the ad in 5 seconds. No more, it has gotten ridiculous. The Adternet is what is has become.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I have never, nor would I ever even considering buying anything advertised on a computer, and rarely even on TV, in fact, advertising has gotten so intrusive, I honestly try to avoid anything that I have seen advertised in any media. I despise advertising because it always tries to belittle everyone into false thoughts and in most cases, hopes.

Oh by the way, has anyone watched anything on YouTube lately? YT used to be the greatest ad free service, or at least you could get off of the ad in 5 seconds. No more, it has gotten ridiculous. The Adternet is what is has become.
    Download Adblock for your browser. Totally free. Don't know how anyone innernets without it.

The way I see it... The more they spend on marketing and constant advertising, the less it is worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    +1

I will. Donate and stop whining you cheap MFs. I never got a single tee shirt, nor do I visit the VIP section, but that's not why I donate... I want Sooth to keep one of the more entertaining moments in my day going. End of rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Ever hear the ads on NFL Radio? A new low. Pathetic.
    Listened to a couple of games on NFL radio last year, had to sprint to the radio to turn
    the station during breaks, it was horrible and they run the same ads every game,
    pathetic!