Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets STH and the Jets rewards program

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets STH and the Jets rewards program

Anyone have a better idea of what this is? Also, they're getting rid of hard tickets and giving us a card to swipe now? I just got the email and wondering if all this is actually going down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can still get the hard tix if you want. and from what I was told, its going to be like a rewards program on a credit card. We will get points from going to games, practices, and jets events. and we can redeem the points for jets items on sale at the stadium or website.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    you can still get the hard tix if you want. and from what I was told, its going to be like a rewards program on a credit card. We will get points from going to games, practices, and jets events. and we can redeem the points for jets items on sale at the stadium or website.
    Not a season ticket holder so not sure of the details. Is this a way to incentivize people into not reselling their tix?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Not a season ticket holder so not sure of the details. Is this a way to incentivize people into not reselling their tix?
    Who the heck knows. They have something new every year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the tree huggers have been trying for yrs to get sports teams from printing tix to save the trees.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    Anyone have a better idea of what this is? Also, they're getting rid of hard tickets and giving us a card to swipe now? I just got the email and wondering if all this is actually going down.
    You are making to much of this simple change.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    You are making to much of this simple change.
    How am I making too much of it? I just asked if anyone had better knowledge of what this rewards program was about and if this card is our new ticket to the game as well.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    How am I making too much of it? I just asked if anyone had better knowledge of what this rewards program was about and if this card is our new ticket to the game as well.
    I thought you got the email.......Jets Launch Season Ticket Holder Rewards Program
    Posted May 8, 2014
    Tonight at the season-ticket-holder draft party at MetLife Stadium, fans received handouts introducing Jets Rewards, a new program to recognize our season ticket holders for their loyalty and dedication to the Green & White.
    Through activities as simple as attending home games, watching or listening to away games on TV or radio, and participating in non-game Jets events, season ticket holders will earn points which can be redeemed for prizes. Rewards will include unique benefits that only the New York Jets could offer such as behind-the-scenes access and VIP treatment in addition to a wide range of merchandise.
    All season ticket holders will be automatically enrolled in the program at no cost and will be able to manage their accounts through a Jets Rewards Online Portal, which will launch this summer. This will also be where fans will exchange their points for prizes.
    As part of this program and in the continued effort for the Green & White to go green, all season tickets will be replaced with a paperless wallet-sized smart access card.
    Donít worry: Electronic transfer and sale will not be affected. Once a ticket is transferred or sold, the original will be immediately invalidated for that game. Printing tickets at home or sending them to mobile devices will still be options, and if you lose your card, we will replace it. Additionally, commemorative tickets will be available at the Jets Shop on gamedays.
    More information on Jets Rewards will be announced in the coming weeks and season ticket holders should expect to receive additional details in July. The program will be fully active for the first preseason game on August 7. Meanwhile, please direct all questions to your account representative.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I go to Panera's fairly often and use their reward card. Every few trips they tell me I have a free pastry or bagel. And Amazon's credit card has really nice rewards. 1% on everything, 2% on restaurants and gas, and 3% on amazon goods (note - they give you amazon credit, though for many that's almost as good as cash). And the Target Red Card gives you 5% off most items, free shipping from target.com, and longer times to return stuff.

I hope the Jets card works like these things and just gives us some free or discounted stuff occasionally. For instance, I swipe my card on my second beer and the person says, "sir, it looks like you have a free hot pretzel reward." I'll happily take the pretzel and some complementary mustard and enjoy the game and that second beer a little bit more.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    so if you want a hard paper ticket you can go on Jets Shop and buy one. psssshhh. anything more some money.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    so if you want a hard paper ticket you can go on Jets Shop and buy one. psssshhh. anything more some money.
    Really, that's how it's going to work? If you split tickets with someone else for example, you will have to go and BUY the paper tickets? This seems odd. I'm assuming you can still transfer tickets to someone else via the TicketExchange.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can still transfer tickets electronically. when you do, your swipe card will be inactive for that week. the hard tickets available at the Jets shop that the other post was refering to are more like souveneir items for collectors. they cant really be used for entry.
    Last edited by Dcat; 06-26-2014 at 12:09 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can sell your seats electronically and the person you buys them can either print a paper ticket at home or download them to their phone. Your card would then be invalid for that weeks game.

I wonder if they're going to have two cards for you if you have two seats or just one. I'm assuming two. Sucks for someone like me who, I go to all 10 games but then I split 5 and 5 with two friends, so I'll have to make sure to get the card back from them at the end of every game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the tree huggers have been trying for yrs to get sports teams from printing tix to save the trees.
    Print on recycled paper or hemp paper and tell them to STFU and blow a tailpipe.

As for the card, that sounds like kinda a PITA.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you look at how many things have gone paperless over the years and not hard to see why they would eventually go away from printing tickets.

I am curious to see what changes will be implemented for the people that just buy individual tickets - say from stub-hub for example, are they planning to issue these same type of swipe cards for them or will they still be able to download and print tickets?
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-26-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    If you look at how many things have gone paperless over the years and not hard to see why they would eventually go away from printing tickets.

I am curious to see if there are going to be changes with the people that just buy individual tickets - are they planning to issue these same type of swipe cards for them?
    No, instead you just print them on your own paper and have no cool ticket stub to keep.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    No, instead you just print them on your own paper and have no cool ticket stub to keep.

Gotcha.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Gotcha.
    I was just assuming that, because it's pretty much the preferred method of delivery of ticketbastard and live nation, etc.

So... what are those 25% "service charges" for again?! Oh, right. To put the scalpers with the logins at the front of the line.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    NVM.
    Last edited by goarmysports; 06-26-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I go to Panera's fairly often and use their reward card. Every few trips they tell me I have a free pastry or bagel. And Amazon's credit card has really nice rewards. 1% on everything, 2% on restaurants and gas, and 3% on amazon goods (note - they give you amazon credit, though for many that's almost as good as cash). And the Target Red Card gives you 5% off most items, free shipping from target.com, and longer times to return stuff.

I hope the Jets card works like these things and just gives us some free or discounted stuff occasionally. For instance, I swipe my card on my second beer and the person says, "sir, it looks like you have a free hot pretzel reward." I'll happily take the pretzel and some complementary mustard and enjoy the game and that second beer a little bit more.
    If you have a Chase checking account, you can request a Jets debit card and get 15% off at the overpriced Jets shop at MetLife