Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jetsí Dimitri Patterson will be tested as outside cornerback.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Post Jetsí Dimitri Patterson will be tested as outside cornerback.

Jets’ Dimitri Patterson will be tested as outside cornerback
    By Brian Costello
    June 20, 2014 | 11:55am

Dimitri Patterson played six games for the Dolphins during an injury-shortened 2013 season. Photo: AP

As the Jets get close to training camp, I am going to examine the roster and give you my top 25 players. Each weekday we will reveal another person on the list, leading right into camp. I am not including rookies on this list because I do not feel it is possible to fully evaluate them before they play a game.

No. 23: Dimitri Patterson

Last year’s ranking: Unranked – not on team
    Position: Cornerback
    How acquired: Signed as a free agent on April 1
    Years left on contract: 1
    2014 salary cap figure: $2.7 million

Looking back at 2013: Patterson played just six games for the Dolphins last season, but managed four interceptions. He was sidelined by a groin injury.
    Patterson played both in the slot and on the outside, but the Dolphins preferred him playing inside. According to Pro Football Focus, teams completed 58.1 percent of the passes thrown Patterson’s way. Quarterbacks had a 51.1 rating on throws in his direction.

Outlook for 2014: The Jets are counting on Patterson being a major player for them. He is penciled in as the starting cornerback opposite Dee Milliner right now. While many Jets fans are concerned about the cornerbacks, the Jets feel good about the combination.

The biggest question with Patterson is his health. He has struggled to stay on the field throughout his career. Jets coach Rex Ryan has done a good job of keeping older guys with durability issues on the field, and that will be his challenge with Patterson.

Some people around the league wonder how Patterson will do playing on the outside. He is viewed as more of a nickel corner, but all indications are the Jets will keep him lined up on the outside.

The Jets are Patterson’s seventh team in his nine-year career, so he clearly is not nearly the elite corner the Jets are used to having when Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie roamed their secondary. But he may not have to be elite. The question is: Will he be good enough?

http://nypost.com/2014/06/20/jets-di...de-cornerback/

All Pro
    Yeah the Fish preferred him in the slot, that's why they started him out the outside game 1.

Fatso is quickly catching up to **** Cimini for worst beat writer of the decade.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Not sold on Patterson, but he does have a nose for the ball. I honestly want to see how much Darren Walls has improved over the off season. I like his length, 6'0, and his age, 25. I don't know much about Patterson, but I'd prefer one of the young guys lining up across from Dee. McDougle takes Wilson's spot next year and we have a quality DBackfield for the next 5 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Fatso is quickly catching up to **** Cimini for worst beat writer of the decade.

Fatcessa is beat writing now?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    Not sold on Patterson, but he does have a nose for the ball. I honestly want to see how much Darren Walls has improved over the off season. I like his length, 6'0, and his age, 25. I don't know much about Patterson, but I'd prefer one of the young guys lining up across from Dee. McDougle takes Wilson's spot next year and we have a quality DBackfield for the next 5 years.
    Yeah I'm optimistic that between Walls, Patterson and McDougle that one of them will step up and hold down the spot opposite Milliner.

Personally I like Walls. He looked good in stretches last year in limited action, is young and has room to grow. I couldn't of told you who the hell Patterson was til the Jets signed him, but from everything I've read he seems to be at least serviceable and possibly more.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Fatcessa is beat writing now?
    THAT fatso is already up there with Turdmini. But Fatso Jr. now joined the race. Talk about a roll call...literally

Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    Rex views Walls as a quality back up.

Hall Of Fame
    THAT fatso is already up there with Turdmini. But Fatso Jr. now joined the race. Talk about a roll call...literally
    I don't understand

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What language is this jibberish.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I don't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    What language is this jibberish.
    Translation: Costello is a fat fvck and is catching up to Bich C-mini in massive suckage. He's also catching up to Fatcesa in overall fat bastagery.

I knew that already about Costello, however.

Big Bich also has a write up on Patterson: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ary-goes-green

Go Jets, Go Dimitri!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    Translation: Costello is a fat fvck and is catching up to Bich C-mini in massive suckage. He's also catching up to Fatcesa in overall fat bastagery.

Big Bich also has a write up on Patterson: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ary-goes-green

Go Jets, Go Dimitri!!
    Why do you hate anybody that has an objective opinion on the Jets that contrasts with your own?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by RichCiminiFan View Post
    Why do you hate anybody that has an objective opinion on the Jets that contrasts with your own?
    Is that you Chrebet_The_Man?

Veteran
    Lol richciminifan as a user name huh?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Rex views Walls as a quality back up.

And that's all he is. He was given a shot to play more last year and was exposed. He's decent depth but will never be a starter.

Did this guy just say "objective"?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Go Jets, Go Dimitri!!
    I got the point, still gibberish.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I got the point, still gibberish.
    I know you guys are teasing him. But that gave me an opportunity to vent my anger towards those three bastages.... I have to do that once in a while in lieu of actually pancaking/de-cleating/bich slappin' those Mary's...

Practice Squad
    With better safety play behind them the CB's will no doubt look better

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member