Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pettine Gets What He Deserves

All League

Pettine Gets What He Deserves

Manziel is going to drive him crazy!!! And with the way he leaked garbage
    to the media when he was here and how he stabbed Rex in the back with
    the playbook comment, he deserves it

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...r_anybody.html

The party is over for Johnny Football Frivolity.

Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam -- the guy, by the way, who put a lot of that cash in Johnny Manziel's hands -- has told the hard-living rookie quarterback to tone down his act, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

In his latest social-media hit, an apparently buzzed Manziel, barely able to keep his eyes open, pretends a wad of cash is a cellphone and shouts into it, 'I can't hear you! I have too much money in my [bleeping] hand!'" (Warning: The video contains graphic language.)

That signature Manziel moment was captured -- like so many others -- and the video posted to an Instagram account.

Mortensen, talking on NFL Insiders, said the Browns saw the video -- which comes on the heels of Manziel's well-publicized excursion to Las Vegas -- and told their first-round draft pick to muster some common sense and get into the playbook more and on social media less.

"It did not sit well with the owner Jimmy Haslam, who did instruct his staff to at least have a talk with Johnny about being more savvy as he deals with social media," Mortensen said. "We know you're young. We know you're single. Joe Montana himself said that Bill Walsh pulled him aside, and that was before the age of social media. Johnny Manziel has been told to tone it down, and to watch what goes up on social media."

When Manziel was asked Friday at a youth clinic if the Browns had told him to tone down the partying, and he told Cleveland.com no.

"I don't think I'm doing anything wrong,'' Manziel said. "I'm going out. Everybody goes out on the weekends and enjoys their life and lives their life and just for them, they don't have people that when they walk into a place pull out their phones and all they want to do is follow me around and record everything, so my situation is unique and different and now more than ever I've seen that it's an every weekend thing wherever I'm at, whether it's here in Cleveland on a weekend, or in Dallas or anywhere on a weekend people want to record what I'm doing because they think it's a story.

"Everybody goes out and has fun. I'm not doing anything that's putting myself in a harmful situation. I'm not doing anything that's ... jeopardizing what I do here throughout the week, or what I'm looking forward to doing this season.''

Meanwhile, former players -- including Montana -- have criticized Manziel for his off-the-clock antics. Emmitt Smith predicted Manziel would have a "short career" if he didn't get out of the nightclubs. Manziel said he isn't listening to the Hall of Famers.

"I'm not going to change who I am for anybody,'' Manziel said. "I'm growing up and continuing to learn from my mistakes and trying not to make the same ones over and over again, but am I going to live in a shell or am I just going to hide from everybody and not do anything? I don't think that's the way I should live my life and I'm not going to do it.

"I'm here, I'm very committed to football. I'm committed to my job, but on the weekends, I'm going to enjoy my time off. We deserve it. We work hard here. We've worked hard since the draft. We worked hard to get drafted and put ourselves in a good position at the Combine, even after that, working to stay in shape. I am going to enjoy my time off. I'm very about football and very about my job, which doesn't get reported or won't get reported, but I am going to enjoy my time off. That's I think what everybody else does and that's what I should do.''

Lol. What a joker

Jonny Party is gonna get lit up by some angry defenders this season. He can say all he wants that there is a time for partying and a time for football but sooner or later he will be partying during his time for football.

Jets Insider VIP
    The people who say "He's just a 21 year old kid! Leave him alone and let him have fun!" are retarded.

It should be blatantly obvious to everyone that this kid is beyond immature. When you take a QB in the 1st round of the draft, invest millions of dollars in him and make him the face of the franchise...you don't want to see him taking weekly visits to Vegas and doing stupid sh*t like this in the public eye.

All before he's even played a single snap in the NFL.

You can still have fun in your free time, but Manziel goes out of his way to seek this kind of attention. Please don't tell me that he's some kind of "victim" and the media needs to get off his back.

Could you imagine the kind of sh*t show that would be going on right now if we would've drafted this little douchebag and brought him to NY?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The people who say "He's just a 21 year old kid! Leave him alone and let him have fun!" are retarded.

It should be blatantly obvious to everyone that this kid is beyond immature. When you take a QB in the 1st round of the draft, invest millions of dollars in him and make him the face of the franchise...you don't want to see him taking weekly visits to Vegas and doing stupid sh*t like this in the public eye.

You can still have fun in your free time, but Manziel goes out of his way to seek this kind of attention. Please don't tell me that he's some kind of "victim" and the media needs to get off his back.

Could you imagine the kind of sh*t show that would be going on right now if we would've drafted this little douchebag and brought him to NY?
    I really have no problem with his brash attitude, as long as he back it up. Namath was similar.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    I really have no problem with his brash attitude, as long as he back it up. Namath was similar.
    Namath was an elite QB prospect coming out of college, had a national championship under his belt, and never had the host of off the field issues that Manziel has.

All Pro
    One too many swans for the Browns? Ha ha haha I thought the Browns had 'no problem' with Johnny's partying. And as to his claims that this is typical for 'everybody' and rookies, yeah, no. Just reading that article about the Jets rookies it's like night and day to what he's doing. He's the classic type of person who has been talented enough to get by without much preparation. the NFL will hit him like a ton of bricks when he won't be able to get by on his natural talent and improvisational skills alone. I heard his school didn't even have a playbook per se, just a single sheet of possibilities and a game plan. I can't wait till he crashes and burns. And this is karma coming home to roost for Pettine. Just imagine if this kid were on the Jets!!!! the media would be having a field day.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 06-28-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Namath was an elite QB prospect coming out of college, had a national championship under his belt, and never had the host of off the field issues that Manziel has.
    The rules have changed a lot with the addition of the cell phone and video, remember when
    the guy filmed Sanchez streaking and Ainge destrooyed the phone, Sanchez was as immature
    as Johnny, the guy is a story, will be a story and if he makes it as a player will be fine. Look
    at Big Ben, he is fine on the field, off it, not so much, Petine is more of a headcase than Johnny,
    I think Johnny has a better chance than Petine, the dummy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Jonny Party is gonna get lit up by some angry defenders this season. He can say all he wants that there is a time for partying and a time for football but sooner or later he will be partying during his time for football.
    Johnny Manziel is young & immature - his mentality reminds me alot of Ryan Leaf's.

I'll just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Johnny Manziel is young & immature - his mentality reminds me alot of Ryan Leaf's.

I'll just leave it at that.
    He is a rich brat and has never had a real job in his life. Of course he isnt going to take anything seriously. After reading some of the things his father says about him you can tell even he thinks he is an idiot. Not sure why the Browns owner thinks he can do better then Johhnys dad did.

All League
    If he plays lights out it won't matter....... If not, he will be out the league in a flash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He is a rich brat and has never had a real job in his life. Of course he isnt going to take anything seriously. After reading some of the things his father says about him you can tell even he thinks he is an idiot. Not sure why the Browns owner thinks he can do better then Johhnys dad did.
    How many 21 year olds have had a 'real job' in their life?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I had 2 by 21.... and military lol

The smartest move Jerry Jones ever made was not drafting Johnny Manziel- I can only imagine the headlines if he was a Cowboy (or any team with a larger fanbase/market than Cleveland).

Add this to your dictionary:

Clevelend Clown = Johnny Manziel

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post

Eh all the attention sucks but it's also the off season and there's nothing better to do. If he was getting arrested that would be another story. Obviously the team wants a better "role model" for the face of the franchise but just have to wait and see how it plays out on Sundays.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    You can party, and still be cool. You don't need the childish antics. Joe never had the antics, and he never explained himself.

There's.nothing wrong with his behavior.The problem is the millions of people who have an interest in his behavior.At the age of 21, thats hard to understand. It's the 1st year he can walk into a club legally for heavens sake.

It's Cleveland. They have nothing to lose. They're a disgrace of a franchise.

Besides, have you been to Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You can party, and still be cool. You don't need the childish antics. Joe never had the antics, and he never explained himself.
    Alot of athletes were protected by the media.They didn't report things that they do now.Mickey Mantle and friend used to trash hotel rooms.It's hard to be cool when your 21 and drunk.