Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Update!

World Cup Update!

All League
    It's over, Johnny.

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe now we can finally quit talking about this lame ass sport for another 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Maybe now we can finally quit talking about this lame ass sport for another 4 years
    Yeah I'm sick of ice hockey and posters reminiscing about the glory days of being stuck in traffic on Hempstead Turnpike going to the ugliest stadium in North American pro sports

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Yeah I'm sick of ice hockey and posters reminiscing about the glory days of being stuck in traffic on Hempstead Turnpike going to the ugliest stadium in North American pro sports
    you mad brah?

Jets Insider VIP

I wouldn't say it's lame, but it think it could use some serious tweaking.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

LoL

Maybe they should shorten the field by 10 yards on all sides.

Get rid of 2 or 3 players on each team.

Install a shot clock.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    you mad sis?
    fixed

You might want to have a look at the Demographic shift the United States is currently undergoing.

If the think Football is going away, I think you're quite mistaken.

It's a sport on the rise in the U.S., and the massive turnouts of crowds to watch the games is a taste of whats to come.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You might want to have a look at the Demographic shift the United States is currently undergoing.

It's a sport on the rise in the U.S., and the massive turnouts of crowds to watch the games is a taste of whats to come.
    The only reason that is because women, and women-like men, can understand the sport due to it's inherent simplicity. Run, kick ball,
    score rarely, plus scream loudly, and/or chant incessantly, all the time due to copious amounts of alcohol. Toss in a few hooligans
    and bingo, opiate for the masses. Every four years it is mildly interesting until the US gets it's ass kicked, then poof!, gone. If there
    a game that could challenge baseball for the most boring ****ing waste of time, this would be it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

Now this I could watch

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Please don't ever refer to soccer as football again.

I've been hearing since the late 80's that soccer is "on the rise" in America, yet it still hasn't even cracked the Top 5 in American sports.

Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, NASCAR, MMA and Golf are all still more popular in America. Hell, you might even be able to throw Tennis into the mix.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    The only reason that is because women, and women-like men, can understand the sport due to it's inherent simplicity. Run, kick ball,
    score rarely, plus scream loudly, and/or chant incessantly, all the time due to copious amounts of alcohol. Toss in a few hooligans
    and bingo, opiate for the masses. Every four years it is mildly interesting until the US gets it's ass kicked, then poof!, gone. If there
    a game that could challenge baseball for the most boring ****ing waste of time, this would be it.
    This

Please don't ever refer to soccer as football again.

I've been hearing since the late 80's that soccer is "on the rise" in America, yet it still hasn't even cracked the Top 5 in American sports.

Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, NASCAR, MMA and Golf are all still more popular in America. Hell, you might even be able to throw Tennis into the mix.
    Yeah.... that's not true at all. Soccer is the 2nd most popular sport among the 18-30 age group.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Yeah.... that's not true at all. Soccer is the 2nd most popular sport among the 18-30 age group.
    LOL

Worldwide?

Because I don't buy that sh*t for a second in America.

Ask friends, family, or co-workers in that age group what their two favorite sports are and I guarantee 99.9% of them will give you two sports other than soccer.

LOL

Worldwide?

Because I don't buy that sh*t for a second in America.

Ask friends, family, or co-workers in that age group what their two favorite sports are and I guarantee 99.9% of them will give you two sports other than soccer.
    http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-s...says-espn-poll

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

You're using an annual poll that interviews a total of about 14,000 people as proof that soccer is only 2nd to football?
    Last edited by Untouchable; 07-02-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post

Baseball is by far the most boring sport ever.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post