Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ranking 32 NFL QBs by tier..Geno last.....Summer Doldrums ....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    that team was stacked. The current Pats are absolute trash without Brady in the line up.
    Does that mean that Belichick finally gets credit from Jet fans for being a good coach and drafter?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
    Does that mean that Belichick finally gets credit from Jet fans for being a good coach and drafter?
    Wayne Fontes > Bill Belichick

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry, but putting guys like Manuel, Schaub, Fitzpatrick, Cassel, etc. ahead of Geno is just ridiculous.

If they're putting so much emphasis on these short stints of success (otherwise why the hell would Hoyer and McCown be ranked the way they are) then why don't they take into account that Geno was only 2nd to Peyton in QBR over the last quarter of the season?

Geno showed the potential of developing into a damn good QB in this league. He may never be a Top 10, franchise QB...but I'm sure as hell not taking a career backup like Fitzpatrick/Cassel/Hoyer/Henne, a has been like Schaub, or E.J. Manuel over him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm sorry, but putting guys like Manuel, Schaub, Fitzpatrick, Cassel, etc. ahead of Geno is just ridiculous.

If they're putting so much emphasis on these short stints of success (otherwise why the hell would Hoyer and McCown be ranked the way they are) then why don't they take into account that Geno was only 2nd to Peyton in QBR over the last quarter of the season?

Geno showed the potential of developing into a damn good QB in this league. He may never be a Top 10, franchise QB...but I'm sure as hell not taking a career backup like Fitzpatrick/Cassel/Hoyer/Henne, a has been like Schaub, or E.J. Manuel over him.

No its not. Geno is/was absolutely horrible last year. His season last year was worse than Sanchez ever put up in a jets uniform.

He needs to improve dramatically, or forget about next season Geno won't even finish this season as the starter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    No its not. Geno is/was absolutely horrible last year. His season last year was worse than Sanchez ever put up in a jets uniform.

He needs to improve dramatically, or forget about next season Geno won't even finish this season as the starter.
    Please

It's obvious to everyone that you just don't like the kid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please

It's obvious to everyone that you just don't like the kid.
    Regardless, he's still right. Geno's play last year has awful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And UT is right too. This list is completely arbitrary and certain things are used to build cases for some and ignored for others, or certain things are used as a detriment for some and ignored for others.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    For much of the season? Absolutely

And E.J. Manuel was even worse...and injury prone.

Matt Schaub set the record for most pick 6's in a season.

Brian Hoyer has been a career backup outside of 3 games last year.

Fitzpatrick outside of a 5 game stint with the Bills in 2011, has been dogsh*t his entire career.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For much of the season? Absolutely

And E.J. Manuel was even worse...and injury prone.

Matt Schaub set the record for most pick 6's in a season.

Brian Hoyer has been a career backup outside of 3 games last year.

Fitzpatrick outside of a 5 game stint with the Bills in 2011, has been dogsh*t his entire career.
    I agree that he shouldn't be ranked so low, but it's not some huge stretch.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vick is better than any of the bums ranked 20 and later.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. The Geno hate is out of control. Hoyer played 3 frickin games and Chad Henne won't make it to week 8 before losing his job to Bortles to rank those scrubs ahead of Geno shows stupidity.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok well this thread just keeps going back and forth and getting to no conclusion other than there are some so called Jets fans that would rather see Geno suck it up just to say see I told you he sucks than to even recognize that he has a ton of talent with a huge upside that deserves him to be ranked higher than QB's that have not shown nearly the upside he has. My main point like I said is that great QB's have developed in the past after worse rookie seasons than Geno had!!! So with his talent he deserves more credit and a little bit of respect from Jets fans. Honestly you guys that whine and whimper about mediocrity deserve mediocrity because that is all you expect. It takes time to build a 13 win team and you have to like what Idzik has done in the short time he has been working with the Jets. If your coming here to JI to fume against Geno than you have issues. You should be excited about the possibilities he offers this team. The players are all on the Geno bandwagon and so should us fans. I expect Geno to shut up all his doubters by about week 4 or 5 as he will be on his way to being a top 20 QB this year and show improvement over last season. That is just my opinion and my prediction which means diddly but you can call me a homer if you want be my guest! I am going to try to be positive with this team from now on and not bring negative thinking in here because of 1 or 2 bad games. Ok maybe 7 lol 2 more weeks baby!!!!