Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pink Floyd Album, October 2104

New Pink Floyd Album, October 2014

Titled "The Endless River".

Composed of updated/reworked instrumental out-takes from the 1994 Division Bell sessions.

Described as "Ambient" and "Rick Wright's Swan Song". Would expect a "first five minutes of Shine On" or"Marooned" type vibe.

No Roger Waters. No Tour.

Fully expect the usual haters gonna hate (for all the old reasons, no Waters, too old, lost their magic, always sucked, etc.) but I, for one, am VERY excited at this news.

New Gilmour solo album expected n 2014/15.

New Waters solo album expected in 2014/15.

New (to us) Gilmour/Wright/Mason/Pratt Floyd Album in Oct. 2014.

Could be a great year for Floydheads.
    Last edited by Warfish; 07-06-2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Stupid Typo.

was wondering when you were gonna start this

Will like to hear it but I don't think I have 90 more years in me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Fully expect the usual haters gonna hate (for all the old reasons, no Waters, too old, lost their magic, always sucked, etc.) but I, for one, am VERY excited at this news.
    Which is a perfectly logical reason to hate

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    was wondering when you were gonna start this

Will like to hear it but I don't think I have 90 more years in me.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Jets Insider VIP
    I look forward to ripping the tracks from YouTube once it's posted.

All Pro
    Hmm, interesting indeed. I'm not expecting anything earth shattering, but I'll definitely check it out.

Titled "The Endless River".

Composed of updated/reworked instrumental out-takes from the 1994 Division Bell sessions.

Described as "Ambient" and "Rick Wright's Swan Song". Would expect a "first five minutes of Shine On" or"Marooned" type vibe.

No Roger Waters. No Tour.

New Gilmour solo album expected n 2014/15.

New Waters solo album expected in 2014/15.

New (to us) Gilmour/Wright/Mason/Pratt Floyd Album in Oct. 2014.

Could be a great year for Floydheads.
    I'm psyched as well...Anytime one or a few of them gets motivated enough to put something out, its worth checking out

Don't know if you've heard of Rival Sons, Warfish....but this is one of their new songs, its a real Floyd vibe...at the end they break into Echoes. Really cool, they're an amazing band

Last edited by Mohegangreen; 07-06-2014 at 05:45 PM.

I was not familiar Mohe, thanks. Went and listened to a few of their tracks on YouTube.

They sound, honestly, like Led Zepplin fronted by Paul Rogers.

Not too shabby at all.

I was not familiar Mohe, thanks. Went and listened to a few of their tracks on YouTube.

They sound, honestly, like Led Zepplin fronted by Paul Rogers.

Not too shabby at all.
    Best band out there right now...At different times they sound like Zep, Free, Beatles, Doors, etc.., and all those psychedelic 60's bands like Zombies, Monkees...etc, all rolled up into one. They take a little from all of them. Saw them at Gramercy theatre in NYC on 6/25 and they sounded even better live.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Very psyched about this news

Also not expecting anything earth shattering ... But will be cool to have some mellow/mostly instrumental/floydian sounds in tribute to Rick Wright, RIP

I had read tweets about this & the Gilmour solo in '14/'15 ... But this is the first I heard about Waters solo in '14/'15 as well ... That is where we can expect to hear the p1ss & vinegar, as well as political stances.

great news all around!

Am pleased, official announcement came today:

7 July 2014

'THE ENDLESS RIVER'

Pink Floyd can confirm that they are releasing a new album, The Endless River, in October 2014. It is an album of mainly ambient and instrumental music based on the 1993/4 Division Bell sessions. The album is produced by David Gilmour with Phil Manzanera, Youth and recording engineer Andy Jackson. Work is still in progress, but more details to come at the end of the summer.

http://www.pinkfloyd.com/news/index.php

I'm looking forward to it. Yet another reason why Fall is the greatest time of year.

i bow to Floyd...daily...but cringe at the thought that my heros wanna give it one more shot...i guess it shouldn't change the way they are in my eyes but it does...

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    i bow to Floyd...daily...but cringe at the thought that my heros wanna give it one more shot...i guess it shouldn't change the way they are in my eyes but it does...
    Huh?

This isn't new material, it's stuff that never made it to Division Bell apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    I have to admit, I've never understood this viewpoint.

For one, if you think it'll suck, it's easy to just not buy it and not listen to it, right?

For two, why is it that fans think they should decide when an artists should stop engaging in their art? Such an odd idea that to me.

For three, if you're a fan of Floyd, the reality is that even half-ass 3-member Floyd is going to be "better" than a lot of what else is available today, it's not like fans of the Floyd sound have a trillions options available like those lucky bastard Deadheads do.

For four, it doesn't change anything they did before. That was before. This is now, when old men (exceptionally rich old men who give a lot of their money away, before the old "cash grab" argument comes out) still think they have something to share.

Last, millions WILL enjoy it. Why would you hold a viewpoint that would rob those millions of something they'll truly enjoy based on a personal view of "too old"?

It's an ambient/instrumental album, at it's worst it'll be boring, at it's best it could be a disc full or "Morooned".

I wouldn;t let it forthcoming existence bother you, one way or the other.

For one, if you think it'll suck, it's easy to just not buy it and not listen to it, right?

For two, why is it that fans think they should decide when an artists should stop engaging in their art? Such an odd idea that to me.

For three, if you're a fan of Floyd, the reality is that even half-ass 3-member Floyd is going to be "better" than a lot of what else is available today, it's not like fans of the Floyd sound have a trillions options available like those lucky bastard Deadheads do.

For four, it doesn't change anything they did before. That was before. This is now, when old men (exceptionally rich old men who give a lot of their money away, before the old "cash grab" argument comes out) still think they have something to share.

Last, millions WILL enjoy it. Why would you hold a viewpoint that would rob those millions of something they'll truly enjoy based on a personal view of "too old"?

It's an ambient/instrumental album, at it's worst it'll be boring, at it's best it could be a disc full or "Morooned".

yeah yeah but Floyd is different...i have an unhealthy attachment to them that prolly should have waned long ago...