Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    no ones asking you tough guy...

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    no ones asking you tough guy...
    Blow me

maybe... if you take me out first...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Huh?

This isn't new material, it's stuff that never made it to Division Bell apparently.
    isn't Waters and Gilmore coming out with new stuff?...

Oh, no idea. Haven't heard about that.

maybe... if you take me out first...
    Touché

yeah yeah but Floyd is different...i have an unhealthy attachment to them that prolly should have waned long ago...
    I absolutely understand my friend. Clearly I suffer from a similar malady.

But at the end of the day, if they want to make music, they should. If I want to hear it, I should.

Everything else is just static tbh. I don't expect Dark Side II. I expect an hour of music that I'll really enjoy, old, past their prime, or not.

Absolutely not.

It's never going to happen.

The most we might (stress might) see is the occasional, rare, guest spot for a charity gig or somesuch, like they did for Palestine.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Absolutely not.

It's never going to happen.

The most we might (stress might) see is the occasional, rare, guest spot for a charity gig or somesuch, like they did for Palestine.
    i would get excited if i heard they were in a studio somewhere working on something...

i would get excited if i heard they were in a studio somewhere working on something...
    That's what I originally thought this was. I was more excited about it when I heard it was older stuff.

That's what I originally thought this was. I was more excited about it when I heard it was older stuff.
    but is this just a Gilmore project or is Waters involved too...

but is this just a Gilmore project or is Waters involved too...
    Gilmour, Rogers, Wright. It's stuff from when they were recording Division Bell. Mostly instrumental from what it sounds like.

Gilmour, Rogers, Wright. It's stuff from when they were recording Division Bell. Mostly instrumental from what it sounds like.
    Waters wasn't in band during Division Bell...or wasn't on Division Bell....feels funny to say he wasn't in band when he IS Pink Floyd...

Waters wasn't in band during Division Bell...or wasn't on Division Bell....feels funny to say he wasn't in band when he IS Pink Floyd...
    Nope, he wasn't around then. Thought he was too big for everybody else I guess.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

FYI - from Twitter:

Quintessential psychedelic rock band Pink Floyd are making a comeback — sort of. This year is the twentieth anniversary of their last LP, The Division Bell, also marking the year they called it quits after the 1994 tour that followed. Finally, they are releasing their fifteenth studio album featuring previously unreleased material from the ’93 / ’94 Division Bell album sessions.

Produced by singer and guitarist David Gilmour and Phil Manzanera, The Endless River is said to be mainly ambient instrumentals from the old sessions, with new tweaks and added vocals. Fellow rock vets Graham Nash and David Crosby have made contributions to the effort, working with Gilmour for the second time since his 2006 solo project On an Island. Drummer Nick Mason is also lending his skills.

Although it was originally believed that Nash and Crosby were working on another solo Gilmour album rather than Pink Floyd material, Nash set the record straight in a recent interview with VH-1 Radio Network’s David Basner.

Nash told Basner:

We went down to sing on this particular song that he wrote about friends that had died. It’s a beautiful song, too — beautiful.

Below is a live performance of Gilmour’s “On An Island,” featuring both Nash and Crosby. Also check out an interview with Nash on playing Pink Floyd songs via YouTube.

DAVID GILMOUR FEAT. GRAHAM NASH & DAVID CROSBY “ON AN ISLAND” LIVE @ THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL 3.6.2006

The release will feature some of the last recordings from Pink Floyd’s late keyboardist, Richard Wright. The only other surviving member, bassist Roger Waters, is not involved in the making of this album. With two decades since their last tour, the band has not announced plans to return to the stage.

The Endless River is scheduled to be out this October. Read about the original announcement here on Zumic. For more on Pink Floyd, check out their Zumic artist page.

Source: Ultimate Classic Rock

Genres: British Rock, Classic Rock, Progressive Rock, Psychedelic Rock

HUGE Floyd fan...and I'm going to hate on this. Division Bell wasn't all that great. Sure, it had High Hopes, but let's be honest, it wasn't a great album. Had this come from the Momentary Lapse sessions...I'd be more interested, but DB was a huge disappointment. If this is an album of Cluster One outtakes...may as well well call it The Endless Cluster Fuk.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet View Post
    HUGE Floyd fan...and I'm going to hate on this. Division Bell wasn't all that great. Sure, it had High Hopes, but let's be honest, it wasn't a great album. Had this come from the Momentary Lapse sessions...I'd be more interested, but DB was a huge disappointment. If this is an album of Cluster One outtakes...may as well well call it The Endless Cluster Fuk.
    Kinda my thoughts on it too... Thinking maybe it will be somewhat cool if it's Rick Wright's noodlings in between takes or something, but not expecting much.

Why couldn't it be material from Obscured By Clouds or something... There MUST be unreleased shyt from those sessions...

Oh, right, because Waters/Gilmour whoever it is is a fvcking jackass. :/

Bewildered Beast
    EDIT: wrong guy; howboutthat? :o
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 07-12-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

certainly can't let that be "The End" of this thread!