Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith "I feel good about our team making a superbowl run"

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Meh, I don't care that Geno is saying this.

He probably sees how great Vick has played in practices.

It's a good sign IMO.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post

Mo Fuzz, from the movie Tapeheads. LOL.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    VTN, I think you're blowing this a bit out of proportion. While I don't think the Jets are likely to win the Superbowl this year, all Geno's doing is showing confidence in his team. He's not talking them up and saying they're gonna win the Bowl for the next decade or anything. He's just saying that he thinks they can do win a Superbowl.
    I don't actually have a problem with what Geno is saying here re a Superbowl run, big deal - Arod just has some selective amnesia.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I don't actually have a problem with what Geno is saying here re a Superbowl run, big deal - Arod just has some selective amnesia.
    Not at all.

How many games did Geno Smith miss during the regular season?

ZERO.

How many snaps did Geno miss during the regular season?

ZERO.

When Geno ran with the ball, he would run into & hit the linebacker trying to get those extra couple of yards; other times he would be diving over defenders trying to get into the end zone - he would not just tiptoe out of bounds or slide to avoid getting hit the way Sanchez always did.

Geno showed more grit, heart & determination in one season then Sanchez did in his entire Jet career.

Sorry if you don't like the fact that I am pointing this out but it's the blatant truth.

Sanchez was a pretty boy & a soft a$s - flinching at the line of scrimmage when a DB faked like he was starting to run at him.

Running into his own O-Lineman's a$s and fumbling the ball away to the other team.

And his last couple of seasons as a Jet, the entire team knew Sanchez was soft and he had totally lost the respect of that locker room outside of maybe a select few players.

Sorry you have a crush on Mark but the truth is, him getting cut was the best thing that could have ever happened to the Jets and it's a day I won't stop celebrating anytime soon - March 21st 2014.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 07-07-2014 at 05:06 PM.

I'm not sure I would call Sanchez soft, physically speaking. He may have played below average football, and I certainly wasn't a fan, but I'll always appreciate him taking big hits and getting right back up without complaining. You can say he was mentally soft and incapable of handling the pressure, but he is by no means physically soft.

I can't wait for this 2014 season to start. We'll know then.

Love,

Captain Obvious

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm not sure I would call Sanchez soft, physically speaking. He may have played below average football, and I certainly wasn't a fan, but I'll always appreciate him taking big hits and getting right back up without complaining. You can say he was mentally soft and incapable of handling the pressure, but he is by no means physically soft.
    I'd agree with that to a degree.

That being said - when I say soft, I am talking about the way he carried himself in general.

Geno Smith is a much more physical QB - and he plays more physical then Sanchez ever did.

There's no comparison.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 07-07-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Good to see that Geno said this because it really brings out the fan boys who really don't understand what it takes for a QB to win a Superbowl.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

That being said - when I say soft, I am talking about the way he carried himself in general.

Geno Smith is a much more physical QB - and he plays more physical then Sanchez ever did.
    carrying himself softly, is that a song by Roberta Flack?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    I can't wait for this 2014 season to start. We'll know then.

Love,

Captain Obvious

She's here all week, folks!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yep - a ballad wrote in honor of Mark Sanchez.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I was going for this:

I see (said the blind man) Time will tell if Geno can back it up

Good for Geno. Balls, Attitude, Direction (BAD)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Good for Geno. Balls, Attitude, Direction (BAD)
    Ah, two Tapeheads movie reminders in one day! " The "Triangle of Success" - Skills, Knowledge, Attitude. You've got the skills and knowledge, I've got the attitude". ~~ Ivan Alexeev to Josh Tager.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 07-08-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Wow, how many Jets fans would readily admit this? If this were a thread about the 2009 team instead of a thread meant to pump Geno's tires, I bet this would be a different sentiment. But as it stands, apparently those heralded back-to-back AFCCGs aren't nearly as impressive as this amazing .500 season was for Geno.
    What the hell are you talking about? It must get confusing to troll another teams board all day long.

Geno has a chance to be pretty good. Not many rookie QBs come through unscathed & finish strong, especially with a rookie guard and an empty cupboard of WRs each week.
    He's gonna have a lot of options in 2014, can he get through his progressions is the only question. It's been a long time since the NY Jets had a capable OC & a very good QB coach like Lee.
    Continuity is good, MM is no shrinking violet when it comes to calling plays and Marty will also use Genos strong arm to back off those safeties. I can see Amaro having a crazy azz year catching a lot of dump offs. What I'm really excited to see is the screens to CJ when Marty goes with his speed & quickness group. CJ will have more room to run than Ivory or Powell ever had last year.
    I can see us as a get a lead team, go to ground & pound but with Marty he'll always take a shot when the other team gets nosy in the backfield.
    Our balance will help Geno along, he won't have to do it himself, just convert 3rd downs & let your skill players make plays.
    Gonna be an exciting year for Jet fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

There's no comparison.
    Sanchez took a lot of hard hits and did get up, but he is soft in the sense that he is simply not the type of competitor that succeeds at QB in the NFL. He was far too happy to be one of the guys, do what you are "supposed to do" and hopefully win. He never took charge of the team, never held others accountable - because he didnt want to be accountable himself. Doesnt make him a bad guy (probably the opposite actually) but it certainly makes him a poor NFL QB.

Geno is seems is a lot more competitive to me. That along with his much greater physical skills (better runner, stronger arm) should be in better position to be successful then sanchez was. Hopefully he can put it all together.