Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT. Can I bring a sub sandwich into Citifield??

OT. Can I bring a sub sandwich into Citifield??

Heading to Mets Braves game Wednesday night. Want to bring a number 2 with roasted peppers from Tony Baloney's. Can I bring it in?? Thanks

All Pro
    I can't wait to see the responses to this thread!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Subs to the games are preferred

From Manhattan

By Subway

The provides direct service to the CitiField at Mets-Willets Point station. Running along 42nd Street, the connects to the:

at Times Sq-42 St
    at 42 St-Bryant Park (5 Av station)
    at Grand Central

Veteran
    Mets have a BYOF policy. Should be good as long as it's unopened or in a clear bag/cooler. If the sub is too big they may turn you down. If it can fit under your seat you should be good. Worst case scenario cover it in blankets and say it's a sleeping baby. Wouldn't be the first or the last time.

Jets Insider VIP
    I hate the offseason.

Funny you started this thread. I was thinking of going to a Citi Field this weekend, saw the prices for tickets, then said to myself no way am I plunking down that kind of bread to see this absolute horror show of a product they continue to purport on their fans year in and year out. Too bad too because I have not been to Citi yet and I heard it is beautiful. I used to go 3 of 4 times a week to Shea I the 80's when they were good. Cannot justify paying to see this though.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I hate the offseason.
    lol, so true

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Funny you started this thread. I was thinking of going to a Citi Field this weekend, saw the prices for tickets, then said to myself no way am I plunking down that kind of bread to see this absolute horror show of a product they continue to purport on their fans year in and year out. Too bad too because I have not been to Citi yet and I heard it is beautiful. I used to go 3 of 4 times a week to Shea I the 80's when they were good. Cannot justify paying to see this though.

Shea was far better in terms of atmosphere, Citi is closed in and the cavernous dimensions make it
    ugly for fans and hitters, just a poorly run team not worth seeing at this time. Get Collins out and
    backman in and bring in the walls, then maybe, the team has a ton of talent in the minors, they just
    need better management, the last 5 years have been the Mets version of Ground Hog Day.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I hate the offseason.
    What?

1) Satisfying sub

2) warm tub in a dark bathroom

3) cute votive lights floating in the bath

4) enough napkins

I'm thinking of calling in sicker, right now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssp242 View Post
    Want to bring a number 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    He will be watching the Mets. I think that's close enough to a number 2 at the ballpark.

Jets Insider VIP
    pretend its a giant suppository and let us know how that works

Jets Insider VIP

All Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    lol classic.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I only eat home made roasted peppers.

The Mets are so desperate for bodies you are allowed unopened backpacks that have a ticking sound. Just muzzle it once you go in so you don't bother the hitter when they are up to bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I only eat home made roasted peppers.
    Me to, brown them on the grill, put them in a paper bag to cool off then peel and soak in olive oil and chunks of garlic. Had the london broil on toasted garlic bread with the roasted peppers over the weekend. Nothing better. Was thinking I am eating this for the 1st tailgate at the Raider game. Yeah baby

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    Me to, brown them on the grill, put them in a paper bag to cool off then peel and soak in olive oil and chunks of garlic. Had the london broil on toasted garlic bread with the roasted peppers over the weekend. Nothing better. Was thinking I am eating this for the 1st tailgate at the Raider game. Yeah baby
    right on 340.

Bring 2 bags... One for the sub sandwich and the other for when you watch the Mets play and will need to barf it up.