Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Football Talk: Pre-season power rankings......Oakland 32...Dolphins 31....

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

"Raider" defends lol, give me a break, it will be the same Raider defense that goes 4-12 every year, a bunch of old ass bit players who could not care less.

If he's so confident, I've offered him a bet to leave the board if they lose, but his big mouth knows it will catch up with him in the end.

They deserve to lose due to his constant trolling and disrespect he shows the Jets year in year out, I hope they close his mouth once and for all opening day.
    Everybody knows the Raiders are challenged, and apparently doomed by each and every Training Camp. For years now, we let Raider9175 roll in and give us his Magic Carpet Special on the Raiders chances. He's a gentleman about it; a soft-headed one at times. He takes the abuse; but says teh crazy things. Go easy on the hate, BritishJet...I mean, Harrier...

For the record I go to see the Jets in Oakland whenever they come. There are many, many worse fans than 90210. A few of us on JI attended the 38-0 game; we were trying to buck-up all the Silver and Black fans...they were crestfallen. It was like an afternoon at SeaWorld, with the Jets splashing into the endzone over and over.

Raiders- Jets goes back a long way...when the raiders and the Jets get together in a meaningful game (like, 14 years ago) the Oakland radio jocks play up those AFL years, they get it.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 07-07-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Everybody knows the Raiders are challenged, and apparently doomed by each and every Training Camp. For years now, we let Raider9175 roll in and give us his Magic Carpet Special on the Raiders chances. He's a gentleman about it; a soft-headed one at times. He takes the abuse; but says teh crazy things. Go easy on the hate, BritishJet...I mean, Harrier...

For the record I go to see the Jets in Oakland whenever they come. There are many, many worse fans than 90210. A few of us on JI attended the 38-0 game; we were trying to buck-up all the Silver and Black fans...they were crestfallen. It was like an afternoon at SeaWorld, with the Jets splashing into the endzone over and over.

Raiders- Jets goes back a long way...when the raiders and the Jets get together in a meaningful game (like, 14 years ago) the Oakland radio jocks play up those AFL years, they get it.
    I think this sums up your alllgence and why you dislike me

In all honesty I harbour no ill feeling towards him personally, it's the delusion that drives me insane.

The closest I've come to the Bay Area was when i watched the Jets@Chargers in Sept 2008, and that was close enough.

I have a friend whose a Raiders fan and they are all the same, it can get a little heavy at times.

I watched the 38-0 win in 09 on games pass, it must of been an awesome experience to be there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Raider90210 hyping up his mediocre football team? This movie gets better after the millionth time you've seen it.
    Lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    LOL
    I hope he does not get banned lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He pays for VIP. He won't.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reggie Mckenzie working out Rodger Saffolds contract!

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He pays for VIP. He won't.
    If you want to know the answer, it's $42.5M with $21M guaranteed.
    Last edited by Harrier; 07-07-2014 at 09:22 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Power Rankings = Waste O' Time

How many "experts" and periodicals had us as by far the worst team in the NFL last year?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Preseason Power Rankings No. 32: Oakland Raiders
    They've got Da RaiDUHS ranked too high.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    First off not with that Jet offense, or the Raiders defense you will see opening day. If someone twenty points behind expect it to be the Jets. Hey can't wait till you try to explain how the Jets front seven was run over by the Raiders running game + massive oline. Stopping the Raiders rushing attack is only half the battle , as everyone of those Rb's is capable of hurting you catching the ball . Marcel Reece destroyed Jets on the ground , this time he will do his damage through the air.
    How many of your massive O-line were playing the same position, for the same team, last year? Having 5 big guys is one thing, having 5 guys playing as a fluid unit is entirely different. Hey, we replaced our RT, and I'm concerned enough about how long it'll tkae that right side to settle / gel. Esp. if Colon misses a lot of practice time with injury.

I wouldn't expect your O line to be getting into form till near mid season, and their first game together will be on the road, on the East Coast, against a perennial top D. Good luck with that (not!).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    How many of your massive O-line were playing the same position, for the same team, last year? Having 5 big guys is one thing, having 5 guys playing as a fluid unit is entirely different. Hey, we replaced our RT, and I'm concerned enough about how long it'll tkae that right side to settle / gel. Esp. if Colon misses a lot of practice time with injury.

I wouldn't expect your O line to be getting into form till near mid season, and their first game together will be on the road, on the East Coast, against a perennial top D. Good luck with that (not!).
    Ha ha, good point!
    They have guys moving all over the place & I guarantee u they shuffle them around in the preseason to try to figure it out.
    So, they get to travel to the east coast, play a 1:00 game (10:00AM on the west coast), against a front 7 that will no doubt be even better than in 2013.
    Add in an opening day crowd that is always ready & rowdy and loud and you have a lot of 3rd & long scenarios with the clock winding down which gives the big boys up front even more of an advantage.
    I've always hated when the Jets had to play on the road vs strong D fronts. It's such a big advantage for the home D.
    Think of playing the Ravens on the road, or 49ers, Hawks.
    I'm not saying the Jet D is as good as the 49ers or Seahawks but they will definitely be in the next tier.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of points

If Raidersfan cannot be positive about his team now, when they are not under .500, when can he be positive? I think we should probably cut him a little slack. Villages, idiots, that kind of thing. For better or worse he has been permitted to become one of our'n.

Radiersfan, I don't care how good you feel your running game is going to be. Nobody runs on this Jets front.

Have fun storming the castle.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off not with that Jet offense, or the Raiders defense you will see opening day. If someone twenty points behind expect it to be the Jets. Hey can't wait till you try to explain how the Jets front seven was run over by the Raiders running game + massive oline. Stopping the Raiders rushing attack is only half the battle , as everyone of those Rb's is capable of hurting you catching the ball . Marcel Reece destroyed Jets on the ground , this time he will do his damage through the air.
    This is why you don't eat paint chips kids

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Pro Football Talk: Pre-season power rankings......Oakland 32...Dolphins 31....

Like you also predicted a year ago. And then watched the Jets open up a 20-3 lead. A game you tried to claim a month ago was close.

You should stop. The Jets will contend for a home playoff game. The Raiduhs will contend for the first pick in the draft

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
    This is why you don't eat paint chips kids
    I think he ate the stuff with the lead in it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    raiders9175 operates under the "Broken clock" theory. In the course of history every team has a good year at some point, so just keep spouting off nonsense about a bad team and EVENTUALLY he will be right. The year the Raiders make the playoffs you will see him spewing "I told you so's" left and right despite having been wrong for over a decade.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have opening day penciled in as a w

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post

If Raiders were running a zone blocking scheme , I could see your point. ( takes time in that blocking scheme for that unit to get on the same page) The Raiders are running a power man on man blocking scheme that isn't going to take as long. You have some very big men up front that you're asking to block the defender in front of them.(not that complex)

The Raiders were very weak at the guard position last year but that isn't the case this year. The guards are so big that they can root out the DT's by themself. See the Marcel Reece run last year against the Jets, as that wasn't that complex.
    The jets Dline usually can man handle a lot of offensive lines. Not against the Raiders, as those big boys will be doing the dictating . All the Raiders running backs are fast and just need a small hole , and they could be gone.

We have different opinions what we think going to happen. Let's see who has it right.