Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody following this NBA freak agency period?

Jets Insider VIP

Anybody following this NBA freak agency period?

What's it all about? Some guys get "max" contracts, other guys wait around to see what other guys are doing?

Is Lebron taking his talents back to Cleveland to join Johnny Manziel in wrecking the league?

Is Bosch going to be a Rocket? Marshmellow a Laker?

When do these things all happen....like tomorrow or like August?

TIA.

#basketball

Starting to look like Lebron to Cleveland. Only hurdle is Dan Gilbert and Lebron are not on good terms however Ilgauskas is Lebron's buddy and now has a front office job with the Cavs plus they have a better supporting cast going forward than Miami. I have no idea what Carmelo ends up doing - I don't want the Knicks to use the max to resign him I'd rather just rebuild and have cap room for Aldridge in 2015 and Durant in 2016.

So far as I am concerned Mello can play anywhere but NY, maybe wawa land is a good fit!

Veteran
    I'm from Portland. Why should I? We can't attract any big free agents and the ones that do, CHRIS KAMAN! CHRIS F---- KAMAN!
    People have been talking about him here for 3 _____ days, he sucks! No. I don't follow the free agency period. And next year
    I am switching to hockey.

I have no interest in seeing the Knicks try and construct a trade with Philly to free up some cap room for Gasol. Save your draft picks for once. Gasol is not going to turn this team around, short term or long term. Just sit tight and let Amare's contract expire. It would be foolish to give up a future, unprotected draft pick(s) and Shumpert when his value is at an all-time low.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I have no interest in seeing the Knicks try and construct a trade with Philly to free up some cap room for Gasol. Save your draft picks for once. Gasol is not going to turn this team around, short term or long term. Just sit tight and let Amare's contract expire. It would be foolish to give up a future, unprotected draft pick(s) and Shumpert when his value is at an all-time low.
    I agree. Pass on Gasol yeah he's one of Phil's guys and knows the triangle but he's old and is going to clog up the cap. It's all about having cap room for next summer. Let Carmelo go to Chicago or LA to lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Veteran
    Apologies to real basketball fans - but the NBA is becoming a bit of a joke to me.

I loved watching some real good play from SA this year - but the rest of it is becoming more like watching the Kardashians. ESPN has become a bad reality show for the NBA this month. Every time I turn it on its more blathering 'analysis' of who might go where and why. And 95% of the basketball talking heads have become as annoyingly serious-intoned as golf announcers.

I feel like most of the players don't care about the league; they care about getting paid. I'm not even sure if many of them really care about winning a championship. Maybe it's just me, but the NBA seems to have gone off the rails a bit . . .

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Apologies to real basketball fans - but the NBA is becoming a bit of a joke to me.

I loved watching some real good play from SA this year - but the rest of it is becoming more like watching the Kardashians. ESPN has become a bad reality show for the NBA this month. Every time I turn it on its more blathering 'analysis' of who might go where and why. And 95% of the basketball talking heads have become as annoyingly serious-intoned as golf announcers.

I feel like most of the players don't care about the league; they care about getting paid. I'm not even sure if many of them really care about winning a championship. Maybe it's just me, but the NBA seems to have gone off the rails a bit . . .
    I agree the overanalysis and ESPN tickers are getting to be annoying. I'm getting pretty bored with analysts screaming about how many championships the Bulls are going to win if they sign Carmelo or how Lebron's destination changes every 5 minutes. A week ago it was supposedly a done deal he was going to the Clippers now its Cleveland tommorow it he'll be going back to the Heat maybe he's a Celtic by the end of the week.

Kevin Love has never even made the playoffs yet I'm supposed to be riveted by wherever he ends up going.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 07-08-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's gonna be hilarious if he goes back to Miami

LOL

Just so I can see the reaction from Cleveland fans. Would love another Brazil moment.

Jets Insider VIP
    LeBron back to Cleveland

And now the Miami Heat fanbase is down to...2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LeBron back to Cleveland

And now the Miami Heat fanbase is down to...2
    LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL the NBA is the ****ing worst. I like it to occupy my time after football ends but jesus christ if one sport was made for the espn/twitter retarded age, the nba is it.

Jets Insider VIP
    KristianRDyerKristian Dyer
    Jets poor offseason continues as Idzik moves too slow, loses LeBron to Cleveland. #nyj #jetstwitter #joking

LMAO

Hall Of Fame
    What is the NBA?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    LOL
    American Airlines Arena in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    LOL the NBA is the ****ing worst. I like it to occupy my time after football ends but jesus christ if one sport was made for the espn/twitter retarded age, the nba is it.
    **** Man is there anything you ****ing like? I am not even sure you really like the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    **** Man is there anything you ****ing like? I am not even sure you really like the Jets.
    I like to ***** about the jets. I like the nba, it's just fun to point out how dumb it has become.

Bosh heading back to Miami. A bit surprised to hear that with Lebron leaving. Figured he'd go to Houston for sure with that development.

And I agree with much of the above sentiment. Despite being a lifelong, diehard Knicks fan, the NBA is easily my least favorite league of the 5 sports I follow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Bosh heading back to Miami. A bit surprised to hear that with Lebron leaving. Figured he'd go to Houston for sure with that development.

And I agree with much of the above sentiment. Despite being a lifelong, diehard Knicks fan, the NBA is easily my least favorite league of the 5 sports I follow.
    I kinda miss the old NBA. Like when I was riding in on the LIRR with my dad to watch the Knicks play the Bullets in the playoffs (their 2nd Championship year) and Dave DeBusschere was riding the same train in a seat 10 feet away from me.

Note: I didn't even realize he was there (nor did anyone else I believe) until we got to Penn Station and he stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I kinda miss the old NBA. Like when I was riding in on the LIRR with my dad to watch the Knicks play the Bullets in the playoffs (their 2nd Championship year) and Dave DeBusschere was riding the same train in a seat 10 feet away from me.

Note: I didn't even realize he was there (nor did anyone else I believe) until we got to Penn Station and he stood up.
    That's awesome. My Dad used to run into Phil Jackson pretty frequently back in his playing days.

I miss the old NBA, as well, and my experiences don't date back as far as yours. Even the NBA in the 90's, while I was growing up, was significantly better.