Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-serve beer stations make debut at MLB All Star Game (Delaware North)

Self-serve beer stations make debut at MLB All Star Game (Delaware North)

I don't make many threads, but I thought this topic might be worthy.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11...-beer-machines

Before you write it off:

1. Each card allows 48 ounces per 15 minutes. No word on if they prevent you from buying multiple cards.
    2. Mostly crap beers, but they do include a Goose Island. AB Inbev owns Blue Point now as well, so could imagine seeing toasted lager in there at some point.
    3. Delaware North handles concessions for MetLife.

If this comes to MetLife, they better have a liability waiver to sign

JetsInsider.com Legend
    48 ounces per 15 minutes? Then they must definitely be bringing this to Jets games because that's about the rate needed for pain relief while watching this team.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    48 ounces per 15 minutes? Then they must definitely be bringing this to Jets games because that's about the rate needed for pain relief while watching this team.
    That's a nice volume I'd say! Does it come in a big gulp?

48 oz in 15 minutes? That's interesting.

Great idea, but would never work at MetLife, at least during our games. I could just imagine the brawls while people wait for beer drunk off their ass because they're power slamming 48 oz's in 15 minutes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    2. Mostly crap beers, but they do include a Goose Island. AB Inbev owns Blue Point now as well, so could imagine seeing toasted lager in there at some point.
    What the hell is with this silly, overpriced "craft beer" fad?

I drink beer to get smashed. Period.

Now, I won't drink some bottom of the barrel malt liquor like Old English or Schlitz...but what the hell is wrong with Budweiser, Yuengling, PBR, etc?

If you wanna pay $25-30 for a 12 pack of beer...well...then suit yourself I guess.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Now, I won't drink some bottom of the barrel malt liquor like Old English or Schlitz...but what
    the hell is wrong with Budweiser, Yuengling, PBR, etc?

If you wanna pay $25-30 for a 12 pack of beer...well...then suit yourself I guess.
    If you want to pay $12 for a 12 pack of yellow water... Suit yourself. Some people aren't in college anymore and prefer beverages that have taste.

Now, I won't drink some bottom of the barrel malt liquor like Old English or Schlitz...but what the hell is wrong with Budweiser, Yuengling, PBR, etc?

Wine is fine, but whiskey's quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

Great idea, but would never work at MetLife, at least during our games. I could just imagine the brawls while people wait for beer drunk off their ass because they're power slamming 48 oz's in 15 minutes.
    At 40c an ounce. That is nearly 20 bucks for a big gulp right there.

Off topic, but those new soda fountain machines you see at McDonalds and other places are terrible. They Frequently don't work and have long times.

All Pro

Jebus, you do hate everything, ya old curmudgeon, don'tcha?!

The only time I drink swill these days (swill being any one of the beers you mentioned above) is when I have no other choice. Without getting silly, a 6-pack of a quality beer is $8-$9 on the high end with some decent 12ers being $13-$14.

It's not a fad, it's a growing and lucrative industry. Fads go away, once people start drinking good beer, they don't go back to Bud or Coors.
    Last edited by Sunday Best; 07-07-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Veteran
    Unless its motor oil, I'll drink it. If I want to drink something, I'll rip those beer machines out of the wall
    if I have too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    If you want to pay $12 for a 12 pack of yellow water... Suit yourself. Some people aren't in college anymore and prefer beverages that have taste.

BeerSnob_BeerSnob.jpg

This douche = You beer snobs

If I want taste, I'll grab a Coke or Dr. Pepper

If I want to get drunk, I'll grab a decent beer at an affordable price...Uncle Moneybags.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 07-08-2014 at 01:05 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

Interesting is definitely one word for it.

That's 4 bottles/cans of beer every 15 minutes.

Who the f*** thought up that limit? David Hasselhoff, Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, Barney from the Simpsons?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    Wine is fine, but whiskey's quicker.
    So drink whiskey...not beer.

Don't try to convince me that an extra .3% of alcohol is going to shave hours off your drinking time...and is worth the extra $10 for a 12 pack.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 07-08-2014 at 01:30 AM.

So drink whiskey...not beer.

Don't try to convince me that an extra .3% of alcohol is going to shave hours off your drinking time...and is worth the extra $10 for a 12 pack.
    Most craft beers are only 14-16 bucks for a 6 pack. That's really not a lot. If I want to get drunk quickly I'll grab Budwiser or whatever. If I want to enjoy the taste and just get buzzed I'll drink Craft beer. Now if I want the really high end craft beer it's not .3% more alcohol. It's more like 4-8% more. It really just depends on the occasion. Enjoying a quality beer doesn't make someone a beer snob.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    Most craft beers are only 14-16 bucks for a 6 pack.
    If you're one of those people who usually only drink 5 or 6 beers at a time and only drink here and there...then maybe it isn't much.

Me personally...

I don't just drink a beer or two with dinner.

I don't just sit on the patio and have 5 or 6 beers and call it a night.

If I'm drinking (about 4 or 5 times a week) I drink a 12 pack and buy the wife her silly little 6 pack of wine coolers 2-3 times a week.

I guess I just don't treat beer as a "hobby" or "lifestyle" choice.

It's...beer.

I'm not broke, I just consider spending that much money on beer to be...well...goofy.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 07-08-2014 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Interesting is definitely one word for it.

That's 4 bottles/cans of beer every 15 minutes.

Who the f*** thought up that limit? David Hasselhoff, Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, Barney from the Simpsons?
    It's actually not as much as you'd think.
    That's 2- 24oz cans of Bud Light or whatever at a time. You know, the $12-15 big cans of Coors and shlt they sell.

Oh, and also, some of those craft beers will get you damn fvcked up in a hurry. Those specialty ales aren't really meant for session-ing, like bud or lite.
    They all have their place. I can drink a 12 of lite or bud no problem. Try doing that with some St Bernardus and tell me how it goes... the next couple days
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 07-08-2014 at 04:03 AM.

If you're one of those people who usually only drink 5 or 6 beers at a time and only drink here and there...then maybe it isn't much.

Me personally...

If I'm drinking (about 4 or 5 times a week) I drink a 12 pack and buy the wife her silly little 6 pack of wine coolers 2-3 times a week.

It's...beer.

I'm not broke, I just consider spending that much money on beer to be...well...goofy.
    Have you considered AA?

Veteran

Me personally...

It's...beer.

Just trying to figure out the rational. The guy who drinks say 12 craft beers a week and spends maybe $15-$20 on those beers is looked at as "goofy". Whereas its ok to spend $60 a week on 60 miller lites?

That's like saying. I eat hamburger helper 5 nights a week, someone who spends $20 at the store for a nice NY Strip once in a while is a moron!