Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texts from Belichick to Hernandez

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Texts from Belichick to Hernandez

The Patriots have worked extremely hard to distance themselves from Aaron Hernandez since he was first charged with murder, with owner Robert Kraft saying they were all “duped,” and coach Bill Belichick retreating to the safe haven of grunting about football.

But they still had to talk about their former tight end to Massachusetts detectives.

According to Jenny Wilson of the Hartford Courant, the statements from both Belichick and Kraft were among the pieces of evidence turned over to Hernandez’s defense attorneys, and made available Monday.

Prosecutors also turned over 33 pages of text messages between Belichick and Hernandez between February 2013 and May 2013, the four months leading up to the shooting death of Odin Lloyd.

That’s a load of communication between a coach and a player, especially a coach who doesn’t appear to LOL very often.

Detectives also interviewed director of football Berj Najarian, director of player personnel Nicholas Caserio and strength coach Moses Cabrera according to the list of documents which are entered into evidence.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that's interesting bcess.

Do you have a link?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    UH OH! This might get interesting should Belicheck get brought into this trial as a witness. That's made for TV viewing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, thanks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im sure Billy is in the clear, but still, 33 pages is a LOT of texts.

Could there have been a secret, dare i say, homosexual relationship between the two and the pages of texts were dramatic he said, he said, back forths between the two lust struck men?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    33 pages of text messages between Belicheat and the triple-murder-Hernandez? 33 pages? What were they discussing?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    33 pages of text messages between Belicheat and the triple-murder-Hernandez? 33 pages? What were they discussing?
    That's the element that does make this moderately interesting. What 20-something kid texts his boss that much, even over a 4-year period? As a parallel, are there 33 pages of texts between Belichick and any other player? Guess it's possible, but just doesn't seem likely. Which leads to your question - what were they discussing?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Belichick goes to jail and Brady retires. Maybe then we get our home playoff game. Yes!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't take belichick for a texting kinda guy. This should be interesting...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is fantastic news.

Remember when all our resident trolls scoffed at the idea that BB ever would have told Hernandez to "lie low" and to get flophouse in Franklin?

http://deadspin.com/want-to-know-wha...opho-659695754

Now $hit's about to get real. We'll soon find out what kind of tips and suggestions BB had for his mass-murdering (just gansta style, not serial killer!) TE.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    That's the element that does make this moderately interesting. What 20-something kid texts his boss that much, even over a 4-year period? As a parallel, are there 33 pages of texts between Belichick and any other player? Guess it's possible, but just doesn't seem likely. Which leads to your question - what were they discussing?
    That's 33 pages, over a 4 MONTH period.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    That's 33 pages, over a 4 MONTH period.
    +1 I was just about to respond, but you beat me too it. I never post in threads like this but that is a crazy number. Hell, I don't think I have 33 pages of texts in my lifetime.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Could there have been a secret, dare i say, homosexual relationship between the two and the pages of texts were dramatic he said, he said, back forths between the two lust struck men?
    I gonna go with YES!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    +1 I was just about to respond, but you beat me too it. I never post in threads like this but that is a crazy number. Hell, I don't think I have 33 pages of texts in my lifetime.
    I didn't think a grown man could text that much. Isn't that much off-season contact, with a player, against the CBA?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the Patriot way.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    I didn't think a grown man could text that much. Isn't that much off-season contact, with a player, against the CBA?
    I don't know if it's against the CBA, but that is downright fvckin creepy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    BB hasn't said 33 words to anybody, curious about these texts. However, it doesn't matter if BB was at the scene and dug the hole. The media would still call him a genius and the patriots are the classiest fellas eva!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like