Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RE2PECT - Tip your cap to Jeter

Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51 View Post
    The great compiler indeed

Attachment 7275
    Ernie's mom must be listed here.

The last baseball megastar? That game is dead.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicRat View Post
    LOL

So Todd Pratt has won 5 World Series, 5 Gold Gloves, has a career batting average of .351 in the World Series and has over 3,000 hits?

BTW your "great compiler" comment is so flawed. Cal Ripken Jr., Craig Biggio and Dave Winfield (just to name a few) all have less hits than Derek Jeter, yet they have more plate appearances.

And of course this:

I still ask myself what the hell what he was doing on that side of the field?

Jets Insider VIP
    Why are you people engaging Ernie in conversation? There is no sadder excuse for a "baseball fan" around. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. We all know what Jeter has meant to the Yankees and the game of baseball. Let's keep this about him, and ignore insecure, uninformed clowns. Thanks.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I still ask myself what the hell what he was doing on that side of the field?
    Heartbreaker; he made it look easy. (I have been A's over Yanks since jr high. )

Wicked, wicked play. It destroyed the A's. At least for the Giambi era.

fvcker

Jets Insider VIP
    He's an all-time great. No doubt about it. And a complete class act.

If only he was positioned a little better or if he was a little taller to grab this bloop hit.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Hall Of Fame
    One of Torres biggest blunders was bringing the infield in.

What is crazy about that game is that it was Mos throwing error that lost the game. Double play ball thrown to CF. If you remember he struck out the side in the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Why are you people engaging Ernie in conversation? There is no sadder excuse for a "baseball fan" around. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. We all know what Jeter has meant to the Yankees and the game of baseball. Let's keep this about him, and ignore insecure, uninformed clowns. Thanks.
    Just because I see through the Jeter Kool-Aid? He NEVER had to carry one of his teams. Never had the pressure of being a teams best player. He was a good part of a supporting cast. No shame in that, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday Best View Post
    The last baseball megastar? That game is dead.
    Mike Trout says hi.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    One of Torres biggest blunders was bringing the infield in.

What is crazy about that game is that it was Mos throwing error that lost the game. Double play ball thrown to CF. If you remember he struck out the side in the 8th.
    Rivera has a long successful track record; bad game at a really bad time. I was listening; Mo seemed shook(well - relatively).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Just because I see through the Jeter Kool-Aid? He NEVER had to carry one of his teams. Never had the pressure of being a teams best player. He was a good part of a supporting cast. No shame in that, by the way.
    You need to go back on your meds. He carried the Yanks in many postseason games and series. He killed your Mets in 2000.

One of his nicknames is Captain Clutch ffs.

You need to go back on your meds. He carried the Yanks in many postseason games and series. He killed your Mets in 2000.

Never had to carry his team. A career supporting player. A good supporting player, but not "THE MAN".

DO NOT ENGAGE, I REPEAT DO NOT ENGAGE.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Here is a good discussion on the subject.

http://nextimpulsesports.com/2014/02...l-player-time/
    Clueless. Craig Biggio? Do you understand what a 30 point difference in career BA means? forget a season, but a career. Clueless

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jvill 51 View Post
    The great compiler indeed

Attachment 7275
    A tip given 7x.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Mike Trout says hi.
    He's not a megastar, he's an elite player, but he's not a house hold name and doubt he ever will be outside the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday Best View Post
    He's not a megastar, he's an elite player, but he's not a house hold name and doubt he ever will be outside the game.
    He's also, what, 23? And having put up numbers so far comparable to the all time greats. He's personable, scandal free, an All Star MVP, and already has a Subway commercial, chief. As long as he stays healthy and avoids the whores.... if you don't think he's the next big thing, and the next face of baseball post-Jeter, you're nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    He's also, what, 23? And having put up numbers so far comparable to the all time greats. He's personable, scandal free, an All Star MVP, and already has a Subway commercial, chief. As long as he stays healthy and avoids the whores.... if you don't think he's the next big thing, and the next face of baseball post-Jeter, you're nuts.
    I just don't believe baseball can launch anyone anymore to the heights Jeter has reached. I'm not denying he could very well be the face of baseball, what I'm wondering is will public notice or care? Also at this point, who doesn't have a Subway commercial? That ice skater with the soul patch does.
    Last edited by Sunday Best; 07-17-2014 at 09:28 PM.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Don't know if posted yet. Great commercial. I watched this commercial 100 times already, and I get a lump in my throat every time. Gonna miss this class act...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X03_bNuihLU
    Sounds like you had a lump for Jeter in another part of your anatomy.