Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 230

Thread: Rex firing shots

  1. #181
    I've said it many times.

    Other than the Superbowl guarantees, I like fat, brash, loud Rex.

    We won more when he was like that. Probably coincidence, but it was more fun.

  2. #182
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Some of the Jets fans are complete cowards. But some are just jaded as fvck and have that battered wives syndrome.
    Also, a portion of these are new millenials that are outraged by anything suggested to them because they are being taught that everything must be sunshine and rainbows because that's how life is when you yolo, and are neutered by your parents AKA public school teachers.
    Rex is the man. He thinks we're gonna kick some ass and he says so. It's great. He's not trashing anyone. He believes in his guys, and for the first time, we finally got rid of all the shltheads who refused to buy in that Tanny kept around here for far too long, who had no leadership qualities whatsoever and took advantage of the situation because they knew they wouldn't get fired or demoted.
    We weeded out them fvckers and showed them the door. Rex is excited and so is the team. It seems much more like a team now wouldn't you say?
    Not a bunch of millionaires saying different shlt that don't jive. Now our guys want to win, and play like a Jet, and kick someones ass!
    Exactly!!! Nothing wrong about expressing confidence in your football team, it wasn't in an over the top way, like he's done in the past. People really need to grow a pair.

    Be yourself Rex. Don't ever change! He's growing in the areas he needs to improve in....

  3. #183
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Agreed.

    If LT thinks that it made a difference that really should be the end of the matter. It is a thing and it does make a difference. How big of a difference can be debated. I defy anyone to cite any Superbowl team that engaged in this kind of talk especially before they ever won anything.

    Oh that's right. There aren't any.
    LT saying that, means absolutely nothing, as he didn't say anything about it until he became a member of the media. Once he became a media guy, he also made comments about the Jets' locker room, and it's lack of leaders.... a locker room that included HIM. HE should of been taking a leadership role, but that doesn't make a story.

    In 2007, the Giants engaged in plenty of talk, leading up to their WIN over the Pats. One player went as far as to predict the Giants' winning score. Richard Sherman also did plenty of talking, all last year. What team does he play for?

  4. #184
    Didn't feel like starting a new thread bc there will be a ton in a few hours, but official site has some damn vids that will get you pretty pumped.
    This one is Mike Vick, talking about having TC upstate, and mainly tho what he says about Rex. I mentioned it somewhere earlier about some bad seeds we tossed out maybe taking advantage of their situation. DIFFERENT BALLGAME NOW!
    Kinda sucks vid from the site wont embed here, but there are some great ones, especially Idzik "Now we start to hit"
    In this vid tho, what Vick says about Rex in the last couple sentences. But mainly about not taking advantage of certain freedoms. Never heard of the Jets ever sounding so unified, EVER, and if damn exciting. I'm not getting ahead of myself because I am older and have experienced my share of kicks in the nuts, but I have never heard them all sound so focused and all really buying in to what's going on. I think Idzik and Rex are a perfect combo.
    Just stay fvckin healthy, PLEASE.

    http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/vi...c-b0d9899ab9f5

  5. #185
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Didn't feel like starting a new thread bc there will be a ton in a few hours, but official site has some damn vids that will get you pretty pumped.
    This one is Mike Vick, talking about having TC upstate, and mainly tho what he says about Rex. I mentioned it somewhere earlier about some bad seeds we tossed out maybe taking advantage of their situation. DIFFERENT BALLGAME NOW!
    Kinda sucks vid from the site wont embed here, but there are some great ones, especially Idzik "Now we start to hit"
    In this vid tho, what Vick says about Rex in the last couple sentences. But mainly about not taking advantage of certain freedoms. Never heard of the Jets ever sounding so unified, EVER, and if damn exciting. I'm not getting ahead of myself because I am older and have experienced my share of kicks in the nuts, but I have never heard them all sound so focused and all really buying in to what's going on. I think Idzik and Rex are a perfect combo.
    Just stay fvckin healthy, PLEASE.

    http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/vi...c-b0d9899ab9f5
    There ya go HH. I'm with you . A lot of the guys who've been around for a while are diggin' Idzik. There's more than meets the eye there...

    I had already just checked out Pryor on there, and that fvcking kid's got me excited...huge boner goin' on right now. I got a good feelin' about Pryor man....

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    There ya go HH. I'm with you . A lot of the guys who've been around for a while are diggin' Idzik. There's more than meets the eye there...

    I had already just checked out Pryor on there, and that fvcking kid's got me excited...huge boner goin' on right now. I got a good feelin' about Pryor man....
    Hell yes. Let him be this year's Sheldon.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Hell yes. Let him be this year's Sheldon.
    +1


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #188
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Nonsense because number one, revis isn't in a position to know what motivated the other team. And also because if you look at the next couple sentense of the article you quoted.
    But you are? LOL

  9. #189
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,724
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble dude but that 2011 Jets team wasn't even in the same league as the Giants talentwise. I think motivation is a factor. It's not a complete mitigation for having a significantly less talented team but to pretend like motiviation is not a factor especially in football is just asinine and ignorant.

    Revis is just mad because the Jets didn't give him a long-term deal and now he's a has-been without a legit contract.
    I'm in total agreement that motivation is a factor.

  10. #190
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,724
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Here you go. Now everyone shut up!!!
    Rex said that when he was admitting that his guarantee talk of the past was a mistake. I'm not sure what your point is.

  11. #191
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    LT saying that, means absolutely nothing, as he didn't say anything about it until he became a member of the media. Once he became a media guy, he also made comments about the Jets' locker room, and it's lack of leaders.... a locker room that included HIM. HE should of been taking a leadership role, but that doesn't make a story.

    In 2007, the Giants engaged in plenty of talk, leading up to their WIN over the Pats. One player went as far as to predict the Giants' winning score. Richard Sherman also did plenty of talking, all last year. What team does he play for?
    That just goes to show, if you're gonna talk the talk, you better walk the walk. So far, we haven't done that.

  12. #192
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569

    Rex firing shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Again I think that's complete nonsense. And quite frankly there's no way you can prove otherwise.

    Nor can i prove to you that Rex mouthing off doesn't give other teams super-motivation-powers :.
    Why is this so hard to understand, why when we ALL keep saying that there is no way to prove that it did or didn't lead to losses does he keep coming back trying to tell us he's right?
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-24-2014 at 08:48 AM.

  13. #193
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Why is this so hard to understand, why when we ALL keep saying that there is no way to prove that it did or didn't lead to losses does he keep coming back trying to tell us he's right?
    LOL. I admitted that there's no way to quantify it. It can't be "proved" one way or the other. But you keep telling us that there's no way it's a factor. How do you know this?

  14. #194
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    That just goes to show, if you're gonna talk the talk, you better walk the walk. So far, we haven't done that.
    That's very true, otherwise you catch grief for opening your mouth and failing.

    This is something I think everyone agrees on.

  15. #195
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    LT saying that, means absolutely nothing, as he didn't say anything about it until he became a member of the media. Once he became a media guy, he also made comments about the Jets' locker room, and it's lack of leaders.... a locker room that included HIM. HE should of been taking a leadership role, but that doesn't make a story.

    In 2007, the Giants engaged in plenty of talk, leading up to their WIN over the Pats. One player went as far as to predict the Giants' winning score. Richard Sherman also did plenty of talking, all last year. What team does he play for?
    I also recall Tom Brady's press conference wherein he was asked about Plaxico's score prediction and Brady said, "We're only going to score 17 points [sarcastic laughter] okay. Is Plax playing defense?"

    Later we learned that his arrogant response helped motivate the Giants D.

    Guys look. I don't think anyone is saying that words are the only factor that play into W's and L's. All I'm saying is you don't give the other teams fodder to use as extra motivation. Why can't the motivation from the coach to his players occur behind closed doors? Is that not effective enough? Isn't that the way it's been since the beginning of time? It has to also come from public statements to the press? Why?

    It hasn't worked to our advantage so far. And we all saw Rex coach a team to an 8-8 season last year, a team that probably had no business winning 8 games, without any of the bravado we heard in the past. So I'm guessing he's pretty damn good at motivating his players behind closed doors and on the practice field. I think that's where it should stay.

  16. #196
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Rex said that when he was admitting that his guarantee talk of the past was a mistake. I'm not sure what your point is.
    that quote was from yesterday....

  17. #197
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,724
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    that quote was from yesterday....
    He said something very similar to that in 2012.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL. I admitted that there's no way to quantify it. It can't be "proved" one way or the other. But you keep telling us that there's no way it's a factor. How do you know this?
    Because when you make claims that A effects B, the onus in on you to prove your claim. Here's Why: I watched Jordy being anal probed by little green men last night. Hey, you can't prove it one way or another, so my ridiculous statement is as valid as your denial, right?

  19. #199
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Because when you make claims that A effects B, the onus in on you to prove your claim. Here's Why: I watched Jordy being anal probed by little green men last night. Hey, you can't prove it one way or another, so my ridiculous statement is as valid as your denial, right?
    Damn, I must have forgotten to turn off the webcam.

    And this isn't a court of law counselor. There is no onus here. So far, there is more evidence that public comments do motivate the opposition (various quotes that have already been posted here). The only evidence suggesting it doesn't is opinions by posters like yourself who think they know more than the guys who actually play the game. Only on JI.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Damn, I must have forgotten to turn off the webcam.

    And this isn't a court of law counselor. There is no onus here.
    Just because the only time you've heard the word onus used before now, was while watching Law and Order, doesn't mean it's exclusively a legal term. For the record, supposition, objection, badgering, and relevance are all words that have real world usage outside your favorite crime dramas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So far, there is more evidence that public comments do motivate the opposition (various quotes that have already been posted here). The only evidence suggesting it doesn't is opinions by posters like yourself who think they know more than the guys who actually play the game. Only on JI.
    Is Parcel a JI poster?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us