Thread: The Bridge (FX tv show)

The Bridge (FX tv show)

Anybody watch this?

Saw it sometime before the weekend, thought it was pretty decent, but felt like I was missing some info or something.

Then noticed it was season 2 premiere. So I went back and ended up blowing thru season 1 in like 2 days.

Great show. Seems like one some of you Hampurs in particular would like.

Not sure why I never heard of it before, it's really good.

Well, it's a crime/detective show based on the border of El Paso and Juarez.

Has the lotion in the basket guy in it.

Rookie
    I'm on it. From the start when i saw the ads before season I. Jaurez is a bad place, anything is possible there i suppose.

I'm liking season II better.

I was happy to see my girl Franka Potente, from Run Lola Run and Bourne, this season too. She doin' a good Psycho...lol. That kid had no chance...he thought he was in too. I had mad hots for her in Lola and Bourne

OH SHEIT forgot about her!

Just finished season 1 and forgot all about season 2 eps... Damn, yeah, she's fvckin raw in this sh;t!

Yeah, she has a very sexy strange quality to her... Looks like she put on a few pounds tho... Less heroin more pot maybe.

She reminds me of the killer in No Country For Old Men. (yep, that's some big shoes)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    OH SHEIT forgot about her!

Just finished season 1 and forgot all about season 2 eps... Damn, yeah, she's fvckin raw in this sh;t!

Yeah, she has a very sexy strange quality to her... Looks like she put on a few pounds tho... Less heroin more pot maybe.

She reminds me of the killer in No Country For Old Men. (yep, that's some big shoes)
    Ha! Yeah, she ain't quite what she was when she was younger. She had that lad on a leash...me too, lol. She's good.

I was just thinking about checking out No Country again. After Fargo on TV it got me a fixin' for a good psycko killer...lol. Next on Netflix...

Practice Squad
    Thanks for making this thread. I am always looking for new shows and the networks have produced some crap this year. This show has a range of good actors in it and after the first 5 episodes I'm hooked.

All League
    FX has been putting out good shows lately. Beats the hell out of network TV.

Quote Originally Posted by ricard78 View Post
    Thanks for making this thread. I am always looking for new shows and the networks have produced some crap this year. This show has a range of good actors in it and after the first 5 episodes I'm hooked.
    Yeah, me too. And after GOT it's a huge letdown. Although Fargo came through like a champ.
    I like a lot of the FX shows, so not sure how I missed even hearing anything about this one, but it's good!

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    FX has been putting out good shows lately. Beats the hell out of network TV.
    Ugh. Those fvcking network worthless sacks of arse. Everything about them sucks.
    And what's even WORSE when it comes to them, every so often there will be a show they put on that has GREAT promise, but then they fvcking cancel it after one or 2 seasons to put some fvcking garbage reality staged tv about loud fat women dancing or the equivalent of a handy-cam trip to Wal-Mart.

Yeah, I know the zombies lap it up.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Ugh. Those fvcking network worthless sacks of arse. Everything about them sucks.
    And what's even WORSE when it comes to them, every so often there will be a show they put on that has GREAT promise, but then they fvcking cancel it after one or 2 seasons to put some fvcking garbage reality staged tv about loud fat women dancing or the equivalent of a handy-cam trip to Wal-Mart.

Yeah, I know the zombies lap it up.
    A fvckin' sad state of affairs indeed....

Veteran
    This is a remake of a Danish/Swedish show called ... you guessed it ... The Bridge. Which is a bridge which connects Sweden to Denmark. The original is wonderful, both season1 and season 2 ...worth checking out on Amazon.

This topic of course segways beautifully into Swedish/Danish crime shows ... "The Killing" was remade in the States but the Nordic original is fabulous.

There are others which elude me ... the Brits did a great remake of a Swedish pulp fiction/ writers work starring Kenneth Branagh called "Wallander" others may remember them ... those Nordics are fabulous at subterfuge ... it's not just Kelly/Kevin

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    This is a remake of a Danish/Swedish show called ... you guessed it ... The Bridge. Which is a bridge which connects Sweden to Denmark. The original is wonderful, both season1 and season 2 ...worth checking out on Amazon.

This topic of course segways beautifully into Swedish/Danish crime shows ... "The Killing" was remade in the States but the Nordic original is fabulous.

There are others which elude me ... the Brits did a great remake of a Swedish pulp fiction/ writers work starring Kenneth Branagh called "Wallander" others may remember them ... those Nordics are fabulous at subterfuge ... it's not just Kelly/Kevin
    Wallender is on Netflix...haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Boy, I've watched several movies over the last few years from Denmark and Norway and even Iceland over the last few years that were all good. Names escape me off the top of my head...it ain't easy burnt...haha

I hope to catch up to those shows you mentioned. There was also a discontinued show last year, about the the cops that killed a fellow cop in Detroit...I think that was based on a show from over yonder there too

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post

The original Killing was good unlike that pos version on AMC. The first episode started out fantastic and went downhill after that. Several of the AMC shows start out great and suck after. So far I'm really enjoying Halt and Catch Fire although the problem with a lot of these AMC shows is that the plot premise seems only good for 1-2 seasons. Of course a fantastic show like Rubicon was cancelled after one season.

The Bridge - I really liked the first season. I was thinking about giving up on the second season, but the last couple of episodes have pulled me back in.

Franke Potente - Run Lola Run: Yes. Bourne: eh, maybe. The Bridge: pass

Rookie
    Yeah, Franka ain't what she was back in the day, but she was never a girly girl floozy type.

She's doin' a bangin' job as warped sociopath tho, lol. I hope they keep her going for a while. It's making the show for me. There's something about her I like, good actress or somethin'

She was like disgusted with the kid when he pissed himself...'I can't abuse, torture and murder you, you're still a little boy" lol.