Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Start of Training Camp! What's your season prediction?

All Pro

Start of Training Camp! What's your season prediction?

All roads lead to Cortland N.Y. for the start of training camp, and the 2014 season!!

2 questions:

What record will the Jets finish with this season?

What is your bold NFL prediction for the upcoming season?(Could apply to any team, not just the Jets)

For me, the Jets will finish 9-7

And The Chiefs will miss the playoffs.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'll go with 9-7 as well.

Not stepping too far out on the limb with his history, but will say Rex & crew win at least 1 road playoff game again this season

Veteran
    JETS will surprise the NFL world 12-4 season baybee ................

It's all about Geno.

If he improves and turns into a top 15 QB, then the Jets should be able to finish 10-6.
    If he flops and the QB position is in turmoil, then the Jets are a 7-8 win team.

Quote Originally Posted by ag3 View Post
    It's all about Geno.

If he improves and turns into a top 15 QB, then the Jets should be able to finish 10-6.
    If he flops and the QB position is in turmoil, then the Jets are a 7-8 win team.
    Agreed. I say he plays like an average QB, like he did when Kerley wasn't injured last season (60% passing, 220 ypg, 1.5 tds per game (passing/running), 1 turnover per game), and the Jets win 10 games. If the Jets can get to the bye at 6-4, they'd be a great shape, the schedule from weeks 2-7 is pretty brutal (@ Green Bay, Chicago (not a great team, but incredible offensive talent), Detroit, @ SD, Denver, @ NE), I think it's safe to say that the Jets cornerbacks and rookie safety are going to get torched a lot early on, considering the talent of the QBs that they play early in the season. Fans are going to get on Miliner and Co for that, but that stretch includes 5 of the 6 top passing offenses in 2013 (and the only team not in the top 6 was New England, at # 10. It's also the top 3 scoring offenses (Also 4 of the top 8, and all teams are in the top 13) That's a brutal stretch for any defense.

If they can go 3-3 or better, I think they make the playoffs, even 2-4 in that stretch and a 5-5 puts them in a favorable position down the stretch (@ Buffalo, H/A vs. Miami, @ Minn, @ Tenn, NE).
    Like most teams, it depends on how the QB plays, but I like the idea of the Jets closing against EJ Manuel (despite the ridiculous talent on that offense), Tannenhill 2x, Bridgewater (or whoever the Minn QB would be), Locker (though he torched the Jets last year).

Again 5-5 at the break gives them a shot, 6-4 or better, would be great. I say they are 5-5 at the break and go 10-6.

I'll let you know after a couple preseason games.

Trying to guess now is as good as doing it right after the draft.

All Pro
    My prediction is that no one gets injured, a starting CB and 2 starting guards emerge from the group of young hopefuls.
    Also that Decker proves that he is a legitimate #1 receiver, and that all the analysts that doubted him were blinded by the reflective properties of his skin.

have to see if Geno has progressed

Tampa Bay wins their division

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    Tampa Bay wins their division
    Will LMAO if this happens and NE does not.

All League
    Charter JI Member

13-3

Jets win the Superbowl

(I've got to be right one of these years!)

I predict Marcel Dareus, while high on synthetic marijuana, eats EJ Manuel's foot while rehabbing in the hot tub.

How meaningful can predictions really be without even seeing some TC footage or a preseason game? Based on what we saw at the latter end of last season plus the potential of our draft picks and FA we could be anywhere from 8-11 wins. Geno is a big factor along with improvement at WR and CB.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    How meaningful can predictions really be without even seeing some TC footage or a preseason game? Based on what we saw at the latter end of last season plus the potential of our draft picks and FA we could be anywhere from 8-11 wins. Geno is a big factor along with improvement at WR and CB.
    It's not, of course!

Just some filler to pass the time until TC updates start rolling in!

Is there practice today?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    All roads lead to Cortland N.Y. for the start of training camp, and the 2014 season!!

2 questions:

What record will the Jets finish with this season?

What is your bold NFL prediction for the upcoming season?(Could apply to any team, not just the Jets)

For me, the Jets will finish 9-7

And The Chiefs will miss the playoffs.
    Ask me for my prediction at the end of August.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

3-5 Start
    5-3 Finish
    8-8 Again

The team took a few rebuilding steps forward but our secondary went backwards and our quarterback situation is just as bleak. Like any 8-8 team, an MVP performance by Vick or the emergence of the '85 Bears defense can quickly become 11-5 but I just don't see it. The start of the season is just too hard, not seeing a 7-1 finish which is what it would take to make the postseason.

SAR I

All League
    Think I said 9-7 last year, one game off. I will go 10-6 , team is better

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    7-9 pre Babin, 9-7 post Babin.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think I said 7-9 last year.
    This year I believe the team has improved - excellent draft and FA signings - but still have a few holes (please god let the OL come together!)

I'll say 9-7

and the Broncos do not win the AFC West.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

6-10

All Pro
    10-6. Coples has 10+ sacks. Substantial improvement by Geno.