Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Start of Training Camp! What's your season prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Duuuuuddddeeeeee. ... You can't be serious ...

... But just in case you are ... Welcome to ignore list!
    What is wrong with what I said? I can defend each one of my points (except Sanchez, of course).

Start of Training Camp! What's your season prediction?

9-7 .... Could easily be 5-11
    Geno improves
    Secondary gets torched
    Front seven plays great
    OL shows that it needs help -Colon is not the answer
    WRs look good - except Hill who is cut before next year.
    CJ is not answer at RB ... Ivory retains his lead role.
    Barnes has more sacks than Pace

This is meaningless till after training camp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dunnie; 07-23-2014 at 09:36 PM.

I think that anything short of the playoffs would be a disappointment. Dominating defense, elite running game (ranked #6 last year and added CJ), upgraded passing attack. The swing is Geno, if he plays like he did the final 4 weeks this team is a lock for a playoff birth and will contend for the division.

Jets 10-6 and win the division with a tie breaker over the Pats.

Prediction: Q Couples sacks Brady resulting in injuries to both players. Brady injures his throwing shoulder and is never the same player again. Strangely I am more certain about this than the overall record.

9-7

Team is better than last year, and Rex did a great job. But luck played a role in a couple of wins. Assuming some of that averages out this season, we will lose a couple of close ones but still improve our record. Sets the stage for 2015.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

11-5

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    How is our secondary going backwards?

As far as my prediction: All the off field drama and a psychotic Jim Harbaugh becomes too much of a distraction and the 9ers fail to make the playoffs.
    Last two seasons lost Revis, lost Landry, lost Bell, lost Cromartie. Two Pro Bowlers, two experienced heavy hitters. Since then, nothing but an over the hill Reed and a bunch of unproven rookies.

Going backwards.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Last two seasons lost Revis, lost Landry, lost Bell, lost Cromartie. Two Pro Bowlers, two experienced heavy hitters. Since then, nothing but an over the hill Reed and a bunch of unproven rookies.

Going backwards.

SAR I
    The fact that Cromartie made the Pro Bowl was a mockery to an already sham event.

I'll say 10-6.

I think Geno improves, and makes our offense good, atleast above average. We have the running game, and the speed to go down the field now, but also the height to get touchdowns in the redzone instead of trotting out Folk everytime.

I think the D-Line is dominant as well, especially against the run, forcing teams to try and throw more against us. I also think Rex, is going to cut back on blitzes and play a bit more zone at times in the past, especially on 3rd down. We almost always get killed on 3rd downs because half the team is blitzing leaving one on one matchups everywhere.

Decker proves to be a good signing, and Stephen Hill finally starts to tap into his potential and play good.

I think I would be more confident in this team, if the schedule wasn't this hard, especially at the start. But if we can start decent, then I see a "Why Not Us" vibe going with the team and picking up momentum as the season goes on.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by BigRy923 View Post
    I think that anything short of the playoffs would be a disappointment. Dominating defense, elite running game (ranked #6 last year and added CJ), upgraded passing attack. The swing is Geno, if he plays like he did the final 4 weeks this team is a lock for a playoff birth and will contend for the division.

Stop it. You can't say that anything short of the playoffs is a disappointment. We're a rebuilding team, entering Year 2, and last year's up and down inconsistencies were the story. We ended the year 3-1 but you can't ignore the 1-4 stink that came before it. Let me remind you, reality check:

When the pressure was on, when the expectations were high, the team fell completely to pieces. We were 5-4 and about to embark on a dream stretch where only 1 opponent out of 7 remaining had a winning record. Out of the gate off the bye we go 1-4.

When the playoffs were not happening, with no pressure, the team rallied for Rex and one a few close ones against the scrubs of the NFL. With no one in the stands and TV sets turned off, we go 3-1.

That's the team you're building off of this year. You have to ask yourself if the two biggest areas of weakness- QB and the Secondary- have improved enough to get us over the hump. Right now, no way. If the rookies check and if Geno or Vick play out of their minds, then you can think playoffs. Right now, think 8-8 and consider yourself blessed if we go that far.

SAR I

All League
    10-6

Quote Originally Posted by fukushimajin View Post
    Jets 10-6 and win the division with a tie breaker over the Pats.

Prediction: Q Couples sacks Brady resulting in injuries to both players. Brady injures his throwing shoulder and is never the same player again. Strangely I am more certain about this than the overall record.
    How many times a year do we sack Brady? Maybe 4? What are the odds that Coples will get one of them and also happen to injure both Brady (permanently) and himself on the play? That's a pretty far out prediction for you to be so certain! I'd take your first prediction instead as far more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    How many times a year do we sack Brady? Maybe 4? What are the odds that Coples will get one of them and also happen to injure both Brady (permanently) and himself on the play? That's a pretty far out prediction for you to be so certain! I'd take your first prediction instead as far more likely.
    What? You never heard of an epiphany?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Stop it. You can't say that anything short of the playoffs is a disappointment. We're a rebuilding team, entering Year 2, and last year's up and down inconsistencies were the story. We ended the year 3-1 but you can't ignore the 1-4 stink that came before it. Let me remind you, reality check:

When the pressure was on, when the expectations were high, the team fell completely to pieces. We were 5-4 and about to embark on a dream stretch where only 1 opponent out of 7 remaining had a winning record. Out of the gate off the bye we go 1-4.

When the playoffs were not happening, with no pressure, the team rallied for Rex and one a few close ones against the scrubs of the NFL. With no one in the stands and TV sets turned off, we go 3-1.

That's the team you're building off of this year. You have to ask yourself if the two biggest areas of weakness- QB and the Secondary- have improved enough to get us over the hump. Right now, no way. If the rookies check and if Geno or Vick play out of their minds, then you can think playoffs. Right now, think 8-8 and consider yourself blessed if we go that far.

SAR I
    I think next year is the year where the Jets make a run. I do think, however, that if the OL keeps Geno upright, the Jets will have a winning record.

Veteran
    How am I supposed to make a prediction if I don't know who the starting QB is. Okay. Geno fails: 6 - 10 Geno's good: 9 - 7.

I think 10 - 6 is very possible and I am optimistic that it could be even better. This will be a dominant defense and if Geno can just limit the turnovers while playing a respectable QB game it can be special even. Don't count this team out, the balance, coupled with the passion to win is a powerful intangible. Really good special team play just might make this a really fun season.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by CnPBrah View Post
    What is wrong with what I said? I can defend each one of my points (except Sanchez, of course).
    Lol...You're a funny dude, brah

On the record as 10-6.

But another year away from Idzik rounding out the roster to some sort of satisfaction under the cap constraints.

Really hoping to see some progress in Geno's ability to read, and understand D's.
    If he can accomplish that I'll need some extra boner pants.
    Already got one pair once I saw what Idzik was about

Rookie
    Well...Practice starts today. Godspeed to all the players

Have a healthy and prosperous year boyz. Go get 'em!

Go Jets!!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

11-5 .Jets go 5-1 in div. (Lose home game to Buff.) Jets win Div.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    11-5 .Jets go 5-1 in div. (Lose home game to Buff.) Jets win Div.
    That would be nice