Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: Sal Palantonio Says He Thinks Jets Will Have The #1 Defense in The AFC on Lupica Show

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Do they have anyone that can stop the run?
    Doesn't matter and don't need to! This is the vaunted Bill Bellicheat D we are speaking of here.

    YOU CANNOT BEAT THEM!

  2. #22
    Houston D could be good this season but their Offense looks awful

  3. #23
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Doesn't matter and don't need to! This is the vaunted Bill Bellicheat D we are speaking of here.

    YOU CANNOT BEAT THEM!
    Yes... Bellichimp cannot be beat...lol

    HH Who's the Blond? Stripper?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Defenses who have a good chance to be very good this year:

    NY Jets
    Seattle Seahawks
    San Francisco 49ers
    Arizona Cardinals
    Carolina Panthers
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Baltimore Ravens

    Anyone car to venture other guesses?

    Disagree with Carolina. They lost a few guys from their secondary and Hardy looks like he is going to be suspended.

    I am going with the Cleveland Browns.

    I also think leaving Denver off this list is a bit strange

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by RamseysWreckers71 View Post
    Yes... Bellichimp cannot be beat...lol

    HH Who's the Blond? Stripper?
    Sheeit, I wish! Just some random girl at some club somewhere who unwittingly made her way to the internet.
    AFAIK she does not have a name. SAR tries to rag on me about her cuz he thinks she's fat and ugly. But he's also a bald gay man, so you never know wit that guy.

  6. #26
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Sheeit, I wish! Just some random girl at some club somewhere who unwittingly made her way to the internet.
    AFAIK she does not have a name. SAR tries to rag on me about her cuz he thinks she's fat and ugly. But he's also a bald gay man, so you never know wit that guy.
    Some random chick taking off her top in a club... Damn...

    SAR... FAT & Ugly? Where u from?

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    I think the Panthers offense is going to be so ineffective it'll wear down the will and stamina of their defense. Wouldn't be surprised if their D fell to middle of the pack by end of year.

    As for a sleeper, what about the Saints? Byrd and Vaccaro is a terrifying safety combo, and I believe they added a CB or two in the draft. A Ryan defense always has a shot.
    Wrong Ryan brother. One builds really good defenses, the other mugs for the camera.

  8. #28
    Agree with Sal Pal. Denver's D might end up being statistically better because Peyton's offense is always on the field but our defense is going to be sick if our Corners play even decent.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    Disagree with Carolina. They lost a few guys from their secondary and Hardy looks like he is going to be suspended.

    I am going with the Cleveland Browns.

    I also think leaving Denver off this list is a bit strange
    Houston Texans are going to be one of the better defenses in the league. Problem is there offense.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I dunno....the Super Bowl Champion Seahawks are still pretty good, despite losing a couple of guys. As are the 49ers.
    Truth. In all reality, that whole NFC West Division has some nasty D's IMO including AZ and STL.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Houston Texans are going to be one of the better defenses in the league. Problem is there offense.
    I would say they're going to be ranked lower than they deserve if they're always going to be on the field.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    I don't see how there will be a better defense in the NFC.
    Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I dunno....the Super Bowl Champion Seahawks are still pretty good, despite losing a couple of guys. As are the 49ers.
    At the very least, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Defenses who have a good chance to be very good this year:

    NY Jets
    Seattle Seahawks
    San Francisco 49ers
    Arizona Cardinals
    Carolina Panthers
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Baltimore Ravens

    Anyone car to venture other guesses?
    The Rams will have a great defense this year. The Chiefs too.

    I think it's fair to put the Jets in the top 10 on defense, without question. However, if the offense isn't fixed and can't stay on the field - then the defense will pay the price.

  13. #33
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,741
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Defenses who have a good chance to be very good this year:

    NY Jets
    Seattle Seahawks
    San Francisco 49ers
    Arizona Cardinals
    Carolina Panthers
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Baltimore Ravens

    Anyone car to venture other guesses?
    Is Dom Capers still DC for the Pack? Maybe they belong?

  14. #34

    uh... cornerback?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamseysWreckers71 View Post
    He also noted that the Jets had a bottom 5 Offense last year and that if they have solved their WR problem with the talent brought on that they will win some games this year and make it fun for the fans...

    Go Sal Pal... Lupica is still a Dope...
    The defense has had at least one superstar in the cornerback position since Ryan arrived. I didn't realize the position had been shored up again.

  15. #35
    There will be like about 5 elite defenses if we're just going by what we see on paper, by our expectations. Jets, Seahawks, Broncos, Cardinals. My wildcard team/defense however will be Cleveland. They were really good last year and they added some great players in the offseason, they improved bigtime. At corner you have Gilbert and Hayden. Whitner at safety. Mingo at OLB. Desmond Bryant is healthy now. Karlos Dansby at ILB. They'll be tough.

    My top 5:

    1) Jets
    2) Broncos
    3) Cardinals
    4) Browns
    5) Seahawks

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,383
    I wouldn't really care if the D is 1st, 3rd, 7th.....as long as the O isn't bottom 16.

    Our D could be really great but CB is still a question mark until proven otherwise that Milliner and Patterson can hold up. Other than that it has the makings of something special.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I wouldn't really care if the D is 1st, 3rd, 7th.....as long as the O isn't bottom 16.

    Our D could be really great but CB is still a question mark until proven otherwise that Milliner and Patterson can hold up. Other than that it has the makings of something special.
    I don't see how you come to this conclusion. Milner will be a major upgrade vs. Milner and Cromartie was horrible last year, Patterson will be an upgrade (and don't count out McDoogle.)

    I would say the one major questions mark I have is Pryor - if he's plays at a high level this will, without question, be a top five defense in the NFL.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Defenses who have a good chance to be very good this year:

    NY Jets
    Seattle Seahawks
    San Francisco 49ers
    Arizona Cardinals
    Carolina Panthers
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Baltimore Ravens

    Anyone car to venture other guesses?
    Tampa.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    I don't see how there will be a better defense in the NFC.
    Besides the team that had the best defense in the NFL last season and didn't lose any significant starters? Also, I'm curious what he means by "best defense", the Jets go through a stretch where they play 5 of the 6 best passing offenses from last season in a 6 week period, and the only team in that stretch that's not in the top 6 is New England.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Is Dom Capers still DC for the Pack? Maybe they belong?
    They have decent players, but what bothers me there is the division they play in. That's gotta factor into the standings, no?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us