Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: NON-NYJ Training Camp News/Discussion

All League
    Revis was always a great practice player

Watching Patriots practice, The MMQB's Greg Bedard observed Rob Gronkowski (knee) "favoring his right knee," and running with a "decent but not terrible limp."

The former Pats beat writer believes Gronk is "far from a lock" to suit up for Week 1. After a sunny summer of updates, the Gronk news has grown a bit more pessimistic this week, but ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Thursday there's still "optimism" around his Week 1 status. This being the Pats, things will surely come down to the wire. It's possible we won't know Gronk's status until the opening day inactives are announced.

Source: The MMQB
    Gronk will always be remembered for his one great season.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Gronk will always be remembered for his one great season.
    I used to really dislike Gronk, and will every time the Jets face him, but i feel different now. After all the injuries, im almost sympathetic in a way.
    I think they (injuries) have really taken their toll.

All League
    Anyone watching the Jax Chi game?

I like what I see from Bortles. Fluid movement outside the pocket and can really zing it in there.

Gruden makes a great point that in today's NFL, you simply can't groom a young QB like before. Hell, even Harbaugh was pushing for Kapernick to play by his 2nd year.

The Jets 2ary will have MAJOR issues covering Chicagos Receving options - Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett, Forte in the flat

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post

I like what I see from Bortles. Fluid movement outside the pocket and can really zing it in there.

Gruden makes a great point that in today's NFL, you simply can't groom a young QB like before. Hell, even Harbaugh was pushing for Kapernick to play by his 2nd year.

The Jets 2ary will have MAJOR issues covering Chicagos Receving options - Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett, Forte in the flat
    Thats probably true, but CHI's rush defense is horrible, so we will probably be able to keep the ball out of their hands for most of the game

Are you really comparing a Jax defense to the Jets?

The Jets defensively rarely have "major" issues covering an opponent offense, no matter how potent. We did pretty well against high powered offenses last with a defense that won't be as good as it will be this year.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

The Jets defensively rarely have "major" issues covering an opponent offense, no matter how potent. We did pretty well against high powered offenses last with a defense that won't be as good as it will be this year.
    Sorry Ray, i have to do it.

First, you are right. Jax D shouldnt be compared to the Jets D.
    That being said, the Jets have given up a LOT of points in more than just a few games the past 2 seasons.
    Factor in the secondary issues, and youd be crazy to think there are not concerns with this years unit.

All League

Where did I ever compare the Jets' defense to Jacksonville's you illiterate dramatizer?!?!?

I merely commented on the potency in Chicago's receiving arsenal, that's all. Go Rah Rah somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

That being said, the Jets have given up a LOT of points in more than just a few games the past 2 seasons.
    Factor in the secondary issues, and youd be crazy to think there are not concerns with this years unit.
    Excellent point and i agree wholeheartedly.

Where did I ever compare the Jets' defense to Jacksonville's you illiterate dramatizer?!?!?

I merely commented on the potency in Chicago's receiving arsenal, that's all. Go Rah Rah somewhere else.

Excellent point and i agree wholeheartedly.
    Oh ok, I didn't think my post deserved your azzholeness, GFY!

They gave up points in a couple of games where the offense did nothing, turned the ball over, and gave the opponent the opportunity to blow them out. My point stands.

The "secondary issues" are overblown, there is one concern, who the CB will be or emerge opposite of Milliner, we have one less player in the faction with McDougle out, who was a rookie, there is talent in this unit, yes, there will be growing pains with the younger players, but the safety play will be much improved that will camouflage any "issues" at CB. If healthy, Patterson will be a solid player and can more than provide the caliber of performance Cro gave us last year. Milliner is a year advanced and seems ready to emerge as his draft status would expect him too.

All League
    Oh ok, I didn't think my post deserved your azzholeness, GFY!
    You are correct, it is rather beneath me to respond to you. Thank you for the reminder. Stay classy

I used to really dislike Gronk, and will every time the Jets face him, but i feel different now. After all the injuries, im almost sympathetic in a way.
    I think they (injuries) have really taken their toll.
    Yeah, in a way it is a shame.. he is most certainly a super talent.. he probably felt the team really needed him last year with the incarceration of the beyond fabulous Hernandez.. just an injury prone guy whose career might be cut too short..

But he is the Pats problem so "f" it..

You are correct, it is rather beneath me to respond to you. Thank you for the reminder. Stay classy
    Don't turn this around on me, you were the azzhole first!

If you were forced to trade our 1st rd pick in 2015 for any starter in the NFL to add to this current team, who would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    If you were forced to trade our 1st rd pick in 2015 for any starter in the NFL to add to this current team, who would it be?
    Rodgers/Luck/Peyton/Brees/Wilson

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Thats probably true, but CHI's rush defense is horrible, so we will probably be able to keep the ball out of their hands for most of the game
    Chicago have also had O Line woes in recent years, which gives us an advantage ... not sure how they're looking this year, but keeping Cutler upright has been a real sore point the past two years.

The Bills just sound like a mess: http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bill...ooed-off-field

EJ looks like ass.
    A player is tweeting crap at fans
    They got booed off the field at halftime
    Marrone might play his starters in Thursdays game

Cleveland is getting a top 5 pick from them I think.
    Last edited by BX Jet Fan; 08-24-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    Megatron/PPeterson

Sam Bradford might be done for season
    BJ Raji out for season

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    The Bills just sound like a mess: http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bill...ooed-off-field

EJ looks like ass.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post

EJ looks like ass.

I had no idea that their OC was Paul Hackett's son.