Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice Suspended 2 Games by NFL for Knocking Wife Unconscious

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    Can you atleast let me know what "power house HS" you played for?

Not sure why you can't name your school.
    Me: FS. Gettysburg College, class of 2003
    Dwyer

Palm Beach County

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Roger Goodell is a clown.
    Concussion safety

Jets Insider VIP

LOL. Reminds me of this...

Quote Originally Posted by CnPBrah View Post
    A trained fighter will beat an untrained fighter 99.9999999% of the time.
    You my friend sound like a very inexperienced fighter. I would never mistake you for Tesla. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL. Reminds me of this...

Ha yes.

Believe me it is an absolute worthless accomplishment.

But the young man who I was reacting too let it be known that he played for a known college team up until last year. Was just trying to call BS

Jets Insider VIP
    Ha yes.

Believe me it is an absolute worthless accomplishment.

But the young man who I was reacting too let it be known that he played for a known college team up until last year. Was just trying to call BS
    Oh I'm aware. I was right there in that convo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    You my friend sound like a very inexperienced fighter. I would never mistake you for Tesla. Lol
    So, let me get this straight: you believe that any random untrained, wild haymaker-throwing idiot is going to beat a trained, compact, efficient fighter?

Hall Of Fame
    So, let me get this straight: you believe that any random untrained, wild haymaker-throwing idiot is going to beat a trained, compact, efficient fighter?
    Thats why God invented guns.

I am saying that you need to morph into the type of fight you are in. You stated that your boxing training is what you you use. To me that's laughable. If you get knocked down by surprise, do you really think your opponent is going to give you a standing 8? Thanks for the laugh. I was really working hard this AM.

What does your fighting aptitude have to do with Ray Rice?

What position did you play on Dwyer? Where you friends with Matt Elam? How was it to play on the #1 high school in Florida and top 5 in the country? The only alumni from 2006-2008 (if you left college last year) are Dunn (FSU) or Matt Elam. Are you Matt Elam? If you infact went there an played college football, so you want me to reach out to the website? They should update your name. Other guys who played D2 and D3 are on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    I am saying that you need to morph into the type of fight you are in. You stated that your boxing training is what you you use. To me that's laughable. If you get knocked down by surprise, do you really think your opponent is going to give you a standing 8? Thanks for the laugh. I was really working hard this AM.
    The chances of getting knocked-down are slim for a trained fighter against an untrained one. But, who said a boxer can't learn a couple of ground techniques?

Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    Look I am not saying there should be no repercussions for a women hitting a man, just that repercussion can not be the man hitting her back, especially a world class athlete, who can probably do more damage than a regular guy. If he wanted to press charges, kick her out of the house, call hotel security,etc. I am all for any of that. But he can't knock her out. '

Violence against women is a prevalent theme in pro and college sports, there are too many cases in all 4 major sports, and the NFL and NCAA football, it is probably the most prevalent. The NFL has to change behavior patterns, and knowing that you can lose up to half your season paycheck, would definitely help detour bad behavior.
    I think we agree on certain points and I agree with an above poster that it takes more self control to not hit a woman when she is going after you. Also, in no way am I defending domestic abuse. But this situation is different from domestic abuse. It sounds like she instigated this situation. It doesn't sound like Ray Rice just sucker punched her out of the blue.

My issue in cases like this, and it happens a lot as well, is this cultural identity that is forming that a woman can hit, yell, and cuss out a man and expect nothing to happen. To me that shows a lack of respect. It shows me an individual who is throwing a temper tantrum. I just can't give that a pass and say that there is no blame on her end.
    Last edited by bgivs21; 07-25-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Because he has to find one to claim he played on

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Thats why God invented guns.
    ...we don't need to

escalaaaate

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    I think we agree on certain points and I agree with an above poster that it takes more self control to not hit a woman when she is going after you. Also, in no way am I defending domestic abuse. But this situation is different from domestic abuse. It sounds like she instigated this situation. It doesn't sound like Ray Rice just sucker punched her out of the blue.

My issue in cases like this, and it happens a lot as well, is this cultural identity that is forming that a woman can hit, yell, and cuss out a man and expect nothing to happen. To me that shows a lack of respect. It shows me an individual who is throwing a temper tantrum. I just can't give that a pass and say that there is no blame on her end.
    It shouldn't be given a pass. It's unacceptable behavior. But the guy hauling off and kicking a woman's $ss, as brah stated, is just disturbed. The only guys I've ever known to do that sort of thing were abused as kids and were wretched human beings as adults. Dignity means not lowering yourself to a standard you don't respect. Beating your wife or girlfriend senseless is disturbed behavior, even if they hit you first. A real man would take the hit and walk away, not see it as license to whale away like some angry moron on someone who is weaker.

The chances of getting knocked-down are slim for a trained fighter against an untrained one. But, who said a boxer can't learn a couple of ground techniques?
    I know he's banned but there are a couple of points that "tough-guy kick your ass boxer" would have known about if he were really a trained boxer and had a fight outside of his daddy tanning his ass.

1) If you can fight/box and you know you fight/box, you don't bother "defending your dignity" when you aren't threatened by a woman. You can restrain her without your fist
    2) If he actually had a real grown up fight, he would know that in most states, you have to use reasonable force to defend yourself or you're going to be the one in handcuffs. If someone slaps you, you can't pummel them with excessive force and claim self defense. You are only allowed to use enough force to remove the threat.

Nothing but a plethora of drivel from that clown.

Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I know he's banned but there are a couple of points that "tough-guy kick your ass boxer" would have known about if he were really a trained boxer and had a fight outside of his daddy tanning his ass.

1) If you can fight/box and you know you fight/box, you don't bother "defending your dignity" when you aren't threatened by a woman. You can restrain her without your fist
    2) If he actually had a real grown up fight, he would know that in most states, you have to use reasonable force to defend yourself or you're going to be the one in handcuffs. If someone slaps you, you can't pummel them with excessive force and claim self defense. You are only allowed to use enough force to remove the threat.

Nothing but a plethora of drivel from that clown.
    He had me rolling here, lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Lmfao!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

The chick in these commercials is so boinkable.