Thread: Vick is great for this team and Geno

Vick is great for this team and Geno

Can't believe I'm saying it.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I agree...There I said it!

A man working for redemption can be a galvanizing element among the young lads in the locker room, bring a team closer.

Let's hope Geno grows and improves before our eyes...anything happens, Vick can do damage comin' off the bench. It's a good role for Vick at this stageof his career, and help him stay healthy for several years...

Great teammate and looks to have grown into a good person.

Man... the way he talks about the team and helping Geno in that vid...

He did some heinous shlt in his time, most of which you were shielded from hearing, unless you really dug for it at the time it happened.

I have spent a very long time in Atl and was here when he was the talk of the NFL and then the dogfighting shlt.

Actually, my first Jets game (that I can remember) was against Vick in ATL and to this day was the most hostile enemy crowd I've ever experienced.
    That includes Jets/Pasts* and Yankees/Sux at each arena. Weird, and still don't understand that one.

Vick impressed me after I got over the initial anger that he was even allowed to play in the NFL again, maybe his 2nd year in Philly I guess?
    I didn't but into the PR shlt and I still don't. But I could see that it wasn't ALL PR and he was humbled a bit. Hard to tell how much tho, and I think he was still arrogant with Philly in those first few years, but you hear what a great teammate he was...

I did NOT want the Jets to sign this guy. BUT, I also knew there was a good chance we might, and it really did make a lot of sense to do it with the MM connection.
    No brainer.

One thing I know for a fact, is that he has grown a LOT as a man since doing time in prison. He humbled when he came out, but I never fully trusted it, but I think after a few years just working hard and being ready to go at whatever is needed.. he's started to really embrace that mentor role.
    Let me be clear. I was NOT HAPPY AT ALL about this signing, but I wasn't surprised.

I'm a major dog-lover and especially know of Pits, and they are naturally the best dags I've known, so I would have put him in a pigpen to be eaten alive at the time, and that's no shlt, that's how disgusted I was with what he did, and most don't know the half of it. He got off easy, because of his profile.

Anyways, I'm not sure how the hell it has happened, but he's been extremely impressive to me so far.
    He genuinely wants to be a role model for this team and TBH everything he says about this team, he REALLY sounds like he wants to be the guy that helps Geno become the best he can possibly be.
    He will step in to win games if we need it, but IMO it sounds like he would be just as happy, if not more if he could make an impression on the younger guys and help them become studs and make his mark that way.

Listen to the way he talks about Geno. He has real faith in him and he wants him to have the career he kinda fvcked up. Like some kind of redemption.
    Which I COMPLETELY understand.

I'm sure some think i'm looking too much into it, but watch these recent vids of him and the way he not only talks about Geno, but Rex and Idzik and the mindset of the team...
    I was not even remotely a fan of his since the beginning, and he was a real arrogant piece of shlt, and he did some VILE things.

But you hear about "he did his time" yadayada... It don't mean fvck all unless the person makes a change.

I think Vick made a MAJOR change in his life and has become a good man. I actually do not believe he'd ever hurt another dog in his lifetime either.
    I could be conned by him, but I don't think so.
    Dude has won me the hell over somehow which I never thought would happen, even after he became a Jet.

Now I want him to get a ring with us.

BIZARRO WORLD!

Rookie
    Sometimes people realize too late, some never, an opportunity to achieve something and be a good person and a good team mate.

The love of the competition, and the desire to achieve something in a team framework makes some guys hold on so as not to totally squander that chance.

I see Vick as maybe coming to that stage of his life. To achieve a Championship in a true team setting is a Holy Grail....it's why some guys hang on or come back...I always root for those guys.

They understand, late, the importance of roles in an unselfish team...that's what makes it so hard to achieve, and what makes it special. They want it. I don't root against guys like that. I root for them

Yep! He really comes across as genuinely wanting to make a positive impact on all the young bucks, and you really get the sense that it would give him a great pleasure in helping Geno become a great one.

It's all to Geno ultimately, but damn if Vick doesn't firmly believe in him than he could sell me a fvckin bridge.

And I don't buy bridges.

We still might suck, but I'm glad Vick is here.

I do not expect him to start any games. Geno is gonna shut a lot of mouths this year, and I think Vick would take a lot of pride in that with the way he's been talking.

Seriously, he talks like he's his son or something. That prison time and now just age really has changed his perspective. Not many people will understand, but I can see it clear as day.
    Really wondering what Ragu thinks, because I know we felt very similar about him.

Yep! He really comes across as genuinely wanting to make a positive impact on all the young bucks, and you really get the sense that it would give him a great pleasure in helping Geno become a great one.

It's all to Geno ultimately, but damn if Vick doesn't firmly believe in him than he could sell me a fvckin bridge.

And I don't buy bridges.

We still might suck, but I'm glad Vick is here.

I do not expect him to start any games. Geno is gonna shut a lot of mouths this year, and I think Vick would take a lot of pride in that with the way he's been talking.

Seriously, he talks like he's his son or something. That prison time and now just age really has changed his perspective. Not many people will understand, but I can see it clear as day.
    Really wondering what Ragu thinks, because I know we felt very similar about him.
    It's definitely genuine. He's grown up and turned into a good man. He could have let his life spiral out of control after losing it all. But he used his mistakes and learned from them and grew. There's no reason to root against a guy like that.