Thread: My rookie sleeper is Trevor Rielly...

My rookie sleeper is Trevor Rielly...

I hope he stays healthy because from all I've seen of him he has the instincts to be a real disruptor. Don't get thrown off by the skinny arms, he's pretty fearless and always in the middle of the action.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I hope he stays healthy because from all I've seen of him he has the instincts to be a real disruptor. Don't get thrown off by the skinny arms, he's pretty fearless and always in the middle of the action.
    If Barnes misses significant time then Reilly has a great chance of making the 53 man.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    We have a few guys with relatively low expectations and high potential reward. Reilly is one of them for sure, as is IK. The addition of Babin may limit the chances of these guys to get on the 53 but there's certainly Practice Squad possibilities here.

All Pro
    i like him too but he definately needs an introduction to the weight room...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    i like him too but he definately needs an introduction to the weight room...
    He does need to add some bulk. He is a little older than most rookies though, he is 26 already.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He does need to add some bulk. He is a little older than most rookies though, he is 26 already.
    We had a similar situation with Pouha if I remember correctly. It's not necessarily a bad thing, particularly for a guy "on the fringe" of making a NFL roster. If he's good he's good, if he's not he's not. 6 to 8 years out of a player from whom we don't expect much would be great.....but again, only if he turns out to be good.

Banned
    You're right it's all about having as much bulk as possible. That's why Gholston turned out so well!!

Veteran
    I agree. But we will see come training camp. Based on the reports he has shown some flashes albeit on the 2nd-3rd units. It would be an awesome story though and I will definitely pull for him.

All League
    I like Reilly, think he'll provide solid depth to the rotation, but I believe Dex McDougle is going to be a revelation.

All Pro
    Mine is Trevor Reilly.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If Barnes misses significant time then Reilly has a great chance of making the 53 man.
    My guess is that the team fully intends to have Barnes on the PUP to start the season. If they expected him to be healthy come week 1, they wouldn't have signed Babin.

Hopefully Reilly at least makes the Taxi Squad.

Banned
    I am a big fan of Reilly. Many pundits were saying this kid was a high second round pick talent that dropped because he is 26.

Rookie
    Last year we redshirted 2-3 rookies IIRC. I think Idzik will do the same this year. I think Reilly should be one of them. There's a lot of upside potential there with some NFL conditioning. Babin and Barnes are not long term answers. I think Idzik allows Reilly a year to beef to find out is he can play vs the run as well as the pass.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    CB Brandon Dixon is my sleeper.

We shall see.