Thread: To those watching at camp - any Daryl Richardson sightings?

To those watching at camp - any Daryl Richardson sightings?

I thought it was an interesting pickup that went under the radar a bit. Was Rams starting RB last year but was hampered by turf toe injury and emergence of Zac Stacy. Thought he would push Powell for the 3rd spot. No question Ivory and CJ2K are 1a & 1b.
    Any reports on him (supposedly #35)?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    I thought it was an interesting pickup that went under the radar a bit. Was Rams starting RB last year but was hampered by turf toe injury and emergence of Zac Stacy. Thought he would push Powell for the 3rd spot. No question Ivory and CJ2K are 1a & 1b.
    Any reports on him (supposedly #35)?
    Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by KRL
    - As far as RB is concerned the exciting thing is to see Chris Johnson displaying his speed
    and pass catching ability. I never realized he ran routes and caught passes like a WR not
    like a RB. Mornhinweg incorporated a lot of screens today and Johnson really flashed. Also,
    Daryl Richardson the pick up from STL showed up today. He appeared to be over his turf toe
    injury and displayed good speed

Saw a tweet that he showed good speed. That's about it though, he really seems forgotten by the media and fans. Has really good potential though, had a good stretch last year in a schitty offense no less.

All League
    I was at practice today and saw him catching some passes out on the flat, he flashed his speed and hands. He's a really good 3 and with Powell holding that spot down it will be hard to keep him unless the Jets want 5 RB's this season including Buchannon.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I was at practice today and saw him catching some passes out on the flat, he flashed his speed and hands. He's a really good 3 and with Powell holding that spot down it will be hard to keep him unless the Jets want 5 RB's this season including Buchannon.
    believe the general consensus is Buchannon will be left out

Bohanon. And you really have to think that a Rex-led team will utilize a fullback of some sort. I don't see that changing this year.

Let's hope that Chad Young flashes. He has far more blocking ability than Bohanon and if he can provide ANYTHING in the passing game, then he's a massive improvement. Bohanon had his moments last year, but he just doesn't seem like the same kind of nasty fullback that Rex would want on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by CTJets69 View Post
    Bohanon. And you really have to think that a Rex-led team will utilize a fullback of some sort. I don't see that changing this year.

Let's hope that Chad Young flashes. He has far more blocking ability than Bohanon and if he can provide ANYTHING in the passing game, then he's a massive improvement. Bohanon had his moments last year, but he just doesn't seem like the same kind of nasty fullback that Rex would want on this team.
    I think you are right that Rex would want a FB. But MM may prefer more options at RB. Can an extra TE fill in? Will be interesting to see how it sorts out.

I think they can put Ivory in at FB in some situations and not miss a bit, also more a guy like Enunwa to the Hback and put him at FB, tbe guy is built like a brickhouse.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I think they can put Ivory in at FB in some situations and not miss a bit, also more a guy like Enunwa to the Hback and put him at FB, tbe guy is built like a brickhouse.
    They have that UDFA FB Chad Young in camp too.

Haven't heard any camp reports mention him yet, so, that's probably not a good sign for him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    believe the general consensus is Buchannon will be left out
    I gotta think there will be one FB on the roster. Goal line packages require one usually.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    They have that UDFA FB Chad Young in camp too.

Haven't heard any camp reports mention him yet, so, that's probably not a good sign for him.
    His physical style of play is probably unimpressive without pads on. I'm hoping he can beat out T-Bo, which seems very possible if his highlight film is indicative of what he adds to an offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All League
    CJ, Ivory and Powell are locks. I see no room for a 4th HB. Bohanan will be the starting FB.

I think Richardson, Green and Chad Young all cut, with Young a potential squadder.

All League
    I think one major thing we have to consider when talking about carrying a 4th RB or FB at all is the WR situation. With some many guys and 3 draft picks you got to think we will hold an extra guy or two there. This means we will have to cut back elsewhere. May not be room for extra backs of any kind.

To me Johnson/Ivory/Powell are locks. I suspect a guy will be held on the practice squad.

Richardson and Green may be kept around for awhile just to keep the other guys fresh. CJ and Ivory maybe both be on a pitch count with their injury history and its well known Powell got over worked in camp last year with all the injuries.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    His physical style of play is probably unimpressive without pads on. I'm hoping he can beat out T-Bo, which seems very possible if his highlight film is indicative of what he adds to an offense.

It will be interesting to see if we hear about him at all today.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post

Same, really liked the way he hit his blocks hard, and with accuracy and balance to follow through. Even if he is solely a blocker (which doesnt seem to be the case), he would be so much better at it than T-Bo that it would EASILY outweigh the +/- 5 catches T-Bo will give you over the course of a season.