Thread: Why the Jets CAN win the EAST and then some....

Jets Insider VIP

Why the Jets CAN win the EAST and then some....

Competition.

You've heard the word thrown around like a Rhonda Rousey opponent for the last 2 plus years.

But finally, we are starting to see the fruits of this strategy. Look at these positions...

1. S - Landry vs. Allen vs. Pryor for rotational spots

2. CB - Milliner vs. Patterson vs. Dowling vs. McDougle vs. Lankster for starting spots

3. RB - Johnson vs. Ivory vs. Powell all looking great (cept ivory for now)

4. WR - Nelson vs. Hill vs. Evans vs. Kerley for #2 WR snaps

5. OL - Oday vs. Winters vs. Colon (when he's healthy)

Not too mention OLB (Coples vs. Babin vs. Pace for snaps), QB (Vick there to push Geno when needed), TE (Sudfeld vs. Amaro for #2 TE snaps), and of course, all the ST's (Ford vs. Hakim, etc.)

I think this 'competition' BS we have been forced fed for two years is finally starting to blossom. When's the last time the Jets not only had this much talent up front, but the depth to back it up at almost EVERY position for the long NFL year?

Think of the importance of this for the NE game when we play 2x in 4 days, etc. In my opinion, Depth has become legitimately MORE important then overall talent over the last decade in the NFL. Sure, you need a top QB or stud Defense...but you also need the depth to get you there - and thats what's going to get us over the hump this year.

Do you like this better the the 'top heavy' approach of year's past, where all that seemed to matter was your starting line up?

Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    Competition.

You've heard the word thrown around like a Rhonda Rousey opponent for the last 2 plus years.

But finally, we are starting to see the fruits of this strategy. Look at these positions...

2. CB - Milliner vs. Patterson vs. Dowling vs. McDougle vs. Lankster for starting spots

Not too mention OLB (Coples vs. Babin vs. Pace for snaps), QB (Vick there to push Geno when needed), TE (Sudfeld vs. Amaro for #2 TE snaps), and of course, all the ST's (Ford vs. Hakim, etc.)

I think this 'competition' BS we have been forced fed for two years is finally starting to blossom. When's the last time the Jets not only had this much talent up front, but the depth to back it up at almost EVERY position for the long NFL year?

Think of the importance of this for the NE game when we play 2x in 4 days, etc. In my opinion, Depth has become legitimately MORE important then overall talent over the last decade in the NFL. Sure, you need a top QB or stud Defense...but you also need the depth to get you there - and thats what's going to get us over the hump this year.

Do you like this better the the 'top heavy' approach of year's past, where all that seemed to matter was your starting line up?
    Nice post ... +1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

it certainly has been quite impressive

some bumps & bruises along the way are going to happen ... a couple of the guys are already starting out on the PUP even ... so having the maximum talent at 2nd, 3rd, 4th, string etc ... it is amazing ... the fact that they have in general been signed to team friendly contracts are what has been the cherry on top that I dared not even hope for.

well done Idzik!

All Pro
    I like your post and I already love this year's team...but we will take this one step at a time. I think NE will have a rude awakening when we go up north week 7....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All League
    I am an optimist, and I like our chances baby!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Im waiting for them to prove it on the field. They want my support and optimism, they will have to earn it.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not really the most optimistic about this team after countless punts to the nuts..

But damn if I don't got some designer boner pants ready to break out this year!

Yeah... shlt ton of "IF's" but you know what... several of the if's are gonna pan out.
    Who knows who they will be, but they will step up in a big way and this team is gonna make the media look like the fkcing morons they are.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I honestly think we'll cut a few guys this year that will get picked up by other clubs this year

We have tons of depth.....I hope Idzik and Rex are creative about using the Bill Bellicheck way of stashing players on IR and PUP

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I honestly think we'll cut a few guys this year that will get picked up by other clubs this year

We have tons of depth.....I hope Idzik and Rex are creative about using the Bill Bellicheck way of stashing players on IR and PUP
    We're gonna have to cut some good players

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, I'm not really the most optimistic about this team after countless punts to the nuts..

But damn if I don't got some designer boner pants ready to break out this year!

Yeah... shlt ton of "IF's" but you know what... several of the if's are gonna pan out.
    Who knows who they will be, but they will step up in a big way and this team is gonna make the media look like the fkcing morons they are.

Showing your usual class. I suspected that you had sexual identity issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Showing your usual class. I suspected that you had sexual identity issues.
    Uh, no thanks. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

HEY! Did you noticed we passed on both Teddy and Jonny Balls? DOH!!!

Pound salt

Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    Competition.

l would love to be able to agree with you, however in this scenario there's no way anyone could. The Jets have NO chance at winning the division.... NONE Because the competitions you are speaking of is only to place trash on the field at those particular positions. Does any legitimate objective football fan care about the bad corners we have on this team? It's a very obvious weakness on the team. Same with the OL. The OL is paper thin, especially at LG.

There's also this little thing called CONSISTENCY and the Jets lack any semblance of it. As the QB goes, so does the team. Geno Smith damn near led the league in turnovers last season. If that doesn't demonstrate INCONSISTENCY, then I do not know what does. The Patsies will continue to win approximately two out of every three games they play and the Jets were never that consistent even back in 2010.

No, it's actually WC city at best for this team and even that could easily be stretching it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    l would love to be able to agree with you, however in this scenario there's no way anyone could. The Jets have NO chance at winning the division.... NONE Because the competitions you are speaking of is only to place trash on the field at those particular positions. Does any legitimate objective football fan care about the bad corners we have on this team? It's a very obvious weakness on the team. Same with the OL. The OL is paper thin, especially at LG.

There's also this little thing called CONSISTENCY and the Jets lack any semblance of it. As the QB goes, so does the team. Geno Smith damn near led the league in turnovers last season. If that doesn't demonstrate INCONSISTENCY, then I do not know what does. The Patsies will continue to win approximately two out of every three games they play and the Jets were never that consistent even back in 2010.

No, it's actually WC city at best for this team and even that could easily be stretching it.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Lol

Rex said he's a great coach and teams will fear us. That's enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
    Rex said he's a great coach and teams will fear us. That's enough for me.

You here again? Smh