Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: KRL Camp Notes (7/25/14)

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by twown View Post
    See, THIS is (the other half) of the KRL notes I've come to love and trust. thank you. This isn't "negative." This is objective, and this is what your reports have looked like in the past, with the full complement of your astute observations.

    The KRL reports that include the blemishes are the REAL ****. This is what Idzik would want to see if he missed Practice one day to go to the titty bar.
    Objective = Negative. Are you on drugs. If the Jets win 56-0, but fail to gain yards on 3 plays, is that your focus? Do your really think Idzik is sitting there waiting to ask Rex how TJ Barnes did at practice?

    Most of the negative comments were about guys who will not be on the 53 (subject to incredible special teams performance). There are 90 guys in camp. The issue in the first 2 weeks is who among them are standing out. You make the team based on positive contributions and consistency.

    I was very interested to read KRL's "negative" comments, but he was entirely correct to leave them out of the main report. They are largely irrelevant in terms of the final roster.

    OBTW, add another thanks to the KRL Collection. These reports are great!

  2. #62
    KRL we really cannot thank you enough. We will share a few beers when we win the SB

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by addage View Post
    Objective = Negative. Are you on drugs. If the Jets win 56-0, but fail to gain yards on 3 plays, is that your focus? Do your really think Idzik is sitting there waiting to ask Rex how TJ Barnes did at practice?

    Most of the negative comments were about guys who will not be on the 53 (subject to incredible special teams performance). There are 90 guys in camp. The issue in the first 2 weeks is who among them are standing out. You make the team based on positive contributions and consistency.

    I was very interested to read KRL's "negative" comments, but he was entirely correct to leave them out of the main report. They are largely irrelevant in terms of the final roster.

    OBTW, add another thanks to the KRL Collection. These reports are great!
    Thought you were serious for a second. Nice. Lol.

    "Objective=negative" is straight Orwell.

  4. #64
    Married a Greek Canadian, so a summer home came with the wedding arrangement! Lol
    If you're planning to go, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction!

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    For those of you who have been "thirsting" for negative reports here
    you go:

    - Tajh Boyd's lack of size has hurt him. A lot of his passes are getting
    knocked down at the line and the accuracy problem he had in college remains

    - Clyde Gates and Saalim Hakim have shown shaky hands at WR

    - Josh Bush has shown shaky cover skills in 1 on 1 drills against WR's

    - Even though Ras-I Dowling has shown physicality in the five yard area
    he's very "grabby" downfield and is going to draw a lot of penalties

    - Tommy Bohanon has shown nothing to force the team to keep a FB on the
    team

    - Jeremy Reeves lack of size has hurt him in defending WR's. He can cover
    but he has trouble "high pointing" the ball and knocking it down

    - Brandon Dixon is very raw and gives up a big cushion not wanting to get
    beat deep

    - Jermaine Cunningham has not shown any big play ability at OLB

    - TJ Barnes has prototypical NT size but hasn't lived up to that so far

    - And of course Jace Amaro and Shaq Evans have had drops
    Thanks! Looks like most issues are with players, who will prob never made a roster, and rooks (expected).
    Very interesting note about FB. Is Bohanan good on ST?

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Thanks! Looks like most issues are with players, who will prob never made a roster, and rooks (expected).
    Very interesting note about FB. Is Bohanan good on ST?
    It looks like the Jets might finally have the personnel at RB to try reverting to the "ground and pound" philosophy- I would think a FB is essential to that style, which is why I had mentioned in several threads over the past couple of months that I was in favor of keeping 2 FB's (both Bohannon and Chad Young) possibly in lieu of a 3rd TE- since both Cumby and Amaro look to be better pass-catchers than blockers and I'm not sold on Zach Sudfeld at all. Of course anything can happen in the next month.

    Hopefully one or more of the O-linemen drafted the last few years or possibly even Ben Ijilana (since he's still on the roster after being inactive nearly every game last year) can step up, since it's not just our RB's who need all the protection they can get, and they all should be getting plenty of reps now that Colon is PUP.

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Thanks! Looks like most issues are with players, who will prob never made a roster, and rooks (expected).
    Very interesting note about FB. Is Bohanan good on ST?
    I thought Josh Bush having played on the team would be have more to show by now. He sounds like a UDFA from this year.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I thought Josh Bush having played on the team would be have more to show by now. He sounds like a UDFA from this year.
    Agreed- I'd have to label him a bust at this point (although I don't recall him ever starting a game- I would think if the coaches thought more of him, he would have played more outside of ST).

  9. #69
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,168
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Agreed- I'd have to label him a bust at this point (although I don't recall him ever starting a game- I would think if the coaches thought more of him, he would have played more outside of ST).
    I guess he didn't shadow Ed Reed like he said he was going to, LOL.

  10. #70
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa.
    Posts
    216
    I married one from Cleveland Apart from that I did well!
    Should I be thinking Greek Islands or Mainland? Islands more beautiful, but mainland has more from to see from a tourists POV.
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Married a Greek Canadian, so a summer home came with the wedding arrangement! Lol
    If you're planning to go, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction!

  11. #71
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pa.
    Posts
    216
    He just doesn't appear very athletic compared to Allen/Pryor/Miles or Reeves. Glad he was only a 6th rd. pick if he doesn't pan out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I guess he didn't shadow Ed Reed like he said he was going to, LOL.

  12. #72
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,935
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    It looks like the Jets might finally have the personnel at RB to try reverting to the "ground and pound" philosophy- I would think a FB is essential to that style, which is why I had mentioned in several threads over the past couple of months that I was in favor of keeping 2 FB's (both Bohannon and Chad Young) possibly in lieu of a 3rd TE- since both Cumby and Amaro look to be better pass-catchers than blockers and I'm not sold on Zach Sudfeld at all. Of course anything can happen in the next month.

    Hopefully one or more of the O-linemen drafted the last few years or possibly even Ben Ijilana (since he's still on the roster after being inactive nearly every game last year) can step up, since it's not just our RB's who need all the protection they can get, and they all should be getting plenty of reps now that Colon is PUP.
    Why is a FB essential? If the FB is not as good as the RB at picking the hole then you've either ruined the play, or the RB runs in a different hole, and you've wasted the blocker.
    You can pound out of a two TE set, use an O-linemen, or a Sheldon for short yardage, and you can spread out a defense on normal running downs.
    I'd like to get the most talented players on the field.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    He just doesn't appear very athletic compared to Allen/Pryor/Miles or Reeves. Glad he was only a 6th rd. pick if he doesn't pan out.
    Not many 6th rounders stick. I think failure rate is more then 70%. So no surprise here. Not every 6th rounder is Brady.

  14. #74
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,592
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Agreed- I'd have to label him a bust at this point (although I don't recall him ever starting a game- I would think if the coaches thought more of him, he would have played more outside of ST).
    I don't think you can label a 6th round pick a bust.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us