Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 138

Thread: Day 4 Updates - #NoMoreInjuriesPlease

  1. #1

    Cool Day 4 Updates - #NoMoreInjuriesPlease

    Session 4 starts in about 2 hours. Hopefully there won't be any injuries on this one...

    Here are a few things to look for:

    Rookie safety Calvin Pryor left Saturday’s camp early with a head injury, and there was no update on his condition when Rex Ryan addressed the media Saturday afternoon. Expect an update, but the biggest clue will be whether Pryor is on the field again, even to condition on the sideline.

    Ryan has been working offensive linemen Brian Winters and Oday Aboushi on each side of the line, but it may not be long before starter Willie Colon is off the PUP. Colon has said he expects to return soon, and Ryan echoed that on Saturday. How soon is soon?

    The weather has been great in Cortland. Geno Smith said it was like practicing in air conditioning compared to New Jersey this time of year, but that could change Sunday. The Jets could practice in rain, although lightning would clear the field.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter

    Pryor tweeted yesterday that there's nothing to worry about, he's fine. Let's hope it's true...

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    I asked for no injuries yesterday.....didn't do much good.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I asked for no injuries yesterday.....didn't do much good.
    Maybe today they'll listen.

    Here is what we are watching heading into Sunday’s Day 5.

    • Chris Johnson back in team periods? The Jets gave their new prized running back an off day Saturday – well, at least off from team periods – as he is coming off knee surgery. He practiced the first two days of camp, and then was off. So it seems likely that the Jets would give him a two on, one off schedule. If the Jets are intent on not practicing him fully for three straight days, that would mean Thursday would be his next off day. We’ll see how it all plays out. The bottom line, is the Jets need Johnson at full strength for the season.

    • Players perhaps returning from injuries. Rookie wide receiver Quincy Enunwa (hip) has barely practiced since getting hurt in the first practice. He continued to rehab Saturday. He did not expect to be out for long. Right guard Willie Colon (knee) and outside linebacker Antwan Barnes (knee) remain on the physically unable to perform list. Coach Rex Ryan said Saturday that he doesn’t expect Colon to be on the PUP list for much longer. Colon seems to be itching to return. He was barking and cheering on the offensive line during a blocking drill against the defensive line Saturday.

    • Calvin Pryor’s head. The safety, a first-round pick this year, left Saturday’s practice after sustaining a head injury – not yet deemed a concussion, officially – while serving as the personal protector in a punt drill. Will he be back on the field Sunday? Or will the Jets give him another day to rest, just to be extra safe, even if he does not officially have a concussion? If he doesn’t practice Sunday, that means Pryor will have essentially missed three days (because of the off day) once he takes the field for Tuesday’s practice, if he does indeed take the field. Pryor missing Sunday's practice would not be a huge deal, but the Jets do want to get a look at Pryor in pads, as they attempt to determine how much he will play, as compared to Dawan Landry and Antonio Allen.

    • More first-team snaps for Michael Vick? Vick barely played with the first team Saturday, as he got just three snaps with that group’s offensive line, compared to 16 for Geno Smith. So far in camp, Vick has received just 22.2 percent of the snaps with the first-team line. If you’re bad at math, that would be 77.8 for Smith, which is actually almost right on target with the 70-75 percent projection that offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg offered in the spring for Smith's first-team training camp snaps. Don’t expect Vick to get a ton more first-team snaps Sunday, but 16-to-3 is a pretty uneven ratio.

    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201..._on_day_5.html

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Maybe today they'll listen.

    Here is what we are watching heading into Sunday’s Day 5.

    • Chris Johnson back in team periods? The Jets gave their new prized running back an off day Saturday – well, at least off from team periods – as he is coming off knee surgery. He practiced the first two days of camp, and then was off. So it seems likely that the Jets would give him a two on, one off schedule. If the Jets are intent on not practicing him fully for three straight days, that would mean Thursday would be his next off day. We’ll see how it all plays out. The bottom line, is the Jets need Johnson at full strength for the season.

    • Players perhaps returning from injuries. Rookie wide receiver Quincy Enunwa (hip) has barely practiced since getting hurt in the first practice. He continued to rehab Saturday. He did not expect to be out for long. Right guard Willie Colon (knee) and outside linebacker Antwan Barnes (knee) remain on the physically unable to perform list. Coach Rex Ryan said Saturday that he doesn’t expect Colon to be on the PUP list for much longer. Colon seems to be itching to return. He was barking and cheering on the offensive line during a blocking drill against the defensive line Saturday.

    • Calvin Pryor’s head. The safety, a first-round pick this year, left Saturday’s practice after sustaining a head injury – not yet deemed a concussion, officially – while serving as the personal protector in a punt drill. Will he be back on the field Sunday? Or will the Jets give him another day to rest, just to be extra safe, even if he does not officially have a concussion? If he doesn’t practice Sunday, that means Pryor will have essentially missed three days (because of the off day) once he takes the field for Tuesday’s practice, if he does indeed take the field. Pryor missing Sunday's practice would not be a huge deal, but the Jets do want to get a look at Pryor in pads, as they attempt to determine how much he will play, as compared to Dawan Landry and Antonio Allen.

    • More first-team snaps for Michael Vick? Vick barely played with the first team Saturday, as he got just three snaps with that group’s offensive line, compared to 16 for Geno Smith. So far in camp, Vick has received just 22.2 percent of the snaps with the first-team line. If you’re bad at math, that would be 77.8 for Smith, which is actually almost right on target with the 70-75 percent projection that offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg offered in the spring for Smith's first-team training camp snaps. Don’t expect Vick to get a ton more first-team snaps Sunday, but 16-to-3 is a pretty uneven ratio.

    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201..._on_day_5.html
    Appreciate all your reports DBh, keep'em coming.

    I will be surprised if Pryor is on the field today participating.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,984
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Maybe today they'll listen.

    Here is what we are watching heading into Sunday’s Day 5.

    • Chris Johnson back in team periods? The Jets gave their new prized running back an off day Saturday – well, at least off from team periods – as he is coming off knee surgery. He practiced the first two days of camp, and then was off. So it seems likely that the Jets would give him a two on, one off schedule. If the Jets are intent on not practicing him fully for three straight days, that would mean Thursday would be his next off day. We’ll see how it all plays out. The bottom line, is the Jets need Johnson at full strength for the season.

    • Players perhaps returning from injuries. Rookie wide receiver Quincy Enunwa (hip) has barely practiced since getting hurt in the first practice. He continued to rehab Saturday. He did not expect to be out for long. Right guard Willie Colon (knee) and outside linebacker Antwan Barnes (knee) remain on the physically unable to perform list. Coach Rex Ryan said Saturday that he doesn’t expect Colon to be on the PUP list for much longer. Colon seems to be itching to return. He was barking and cheering on the offensive line during a blocking drill against the defensive line Saturday.

    • Calvin Pryor’s head. The safety, a first-round pick this year, left Saturday’s practice after sustaining a head injury – not yet deemed a concussion, officially – while serving as the personal protector in a punt drill. Will he be back on the field Sunday? Or will the Jets give him another day to rest, just to be extra safe, even if he does not officially have a concussion? If he doesn’t practice Sunday, that means Pryor will have essentially missed three days (because of the off day) once he takes the field for Tuesday’s practice, if he does indeed take the field. Pryor missing Sunday's practice would not be a huge deal, but the Jets do want to get a look at Pryor in pads, as they attempt to determine how much he will play, as compared to Dawan Landry and Antonio Allen.

    • More first-team snaps for Michael Vick? Vick barely played with the first team Saturday, as he got just three snaps with that group’s offensive line, compared to 16 for Geno Smith. So far in camp, Vick has received just 22.2 percent of the snaps with the first-team line. If you’re bad at math, that would be 77.8 for Smith, which is actually almost right on target with the 70-75 percent projection that offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg offered in the spring for Smith's first-team training camp snaps. Don’t expect Vick to get a ton more first-team snaps Sunday, but 16-to-3 is a pretty uneven ratio.

    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201..._on_day_5.html
    Nice post ... Excellent read.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,748
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 56s
    Looks like G Willie Colon has been removed from PUP list. Walking on the field, in pads, helmet in hand. #nyj

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 56s
    Looks like G Willie Colon has been removed from PUP list. Walking on the field, in pads, helmet in hand. #nyj
    That's a good sign.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,748
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    That's a good sign.
    Yup, now lets hope for some good news today on Pryor.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Yup, now lets hope for some good news today on Pryor.
    I am hoping, but, I would really be surprised if he is on the field participating today.

    Maybe on the bike or something, but, I wouldn't expect anything beyond that.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,748
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I am hoping, but, I would really be surprised if he is on the field participating today.

    Maybe on the bike or something, but, I wouldn't expect anything beyond that.
    I agree. Would be very surprised if we see him before Tuesday.

  11. #11
    - Practice is starting. No sign of Calvin Pryor. #nyj

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 56s
    Looks like G Willie Colon has been removed from PUP list. Walking on the field, in pads, helmet in hand. #nyj
    Would like to see Aboushi/Winters get some more playing time with the 1's but this is still good news.

  13. #13
    - I don't see RB Alex Green on the field either. #nyj

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    No Green & no Pryor.....check.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,645
    Maybe no more personal protector duty on STs at least? We have to have a backup who can do that well. Resign Tebow?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    No Green & no Pryor.....check.
    I think they're just resting him since they're off tomorrow anyway.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    I think they're just resting him since they're off tomorrow anyway.
    Makes sense.

    Better to heir on the side of caution.

    I would be lying if I didn't say that there is a part of me that wonders how bad the collision really was that Pryor was involved in.

    Doesn't seem like anybody actually saw it - or at least not anybody that's talking.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 07-27-2014 at 11:23 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Maybe no more personal protector duty on STs at least? We have to have a backup who can do that well. Resign Tebow?
    Agreed. There's about a hundred guys out there, half of them willing to cut their limbs off to make the team, let them go out there and destroy each other on special teams. If you want Pryor or any other starter to learn the position give him mental reps. He doesn't have to hit people on special teams to know what he has to do as a punt protector.

  19. #19
    Easy does it. Not much going on right now...


  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Makes sense.

    Better to heir on the side of caution.

    I would be lying if I didn't say that there is a part of me that wonders how bad the collision really was that Pryor was involved in.

    Doesn't seem like anybody actually saw it - or at least not anybody that's talking.
    Same here. But with these head injuries it doesn't take much. He probably got blindsided by somebody who stuck his shoulder on his chin/helmet on a return. Wild guess.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us