Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal Pal Makes a Dumb Statement about Idzik

Sal Pal Makes a Dumb Statement about Idzik

"If Geno Smith doesn't beat out Michael Vick for the starting QB position, then Idzik should be fired."

Heard this on the Ian O'Connor show. His reasoning is that Idzik ignored multiple Jets needs and drafted Smith to be our franchise QB.

Unbelievably O'Connor did not challenge this ridiculously idiotic and clueless statement.

Geno Smith was the THIRD pick for the Jets in the 2013 draft. In the first round Idzik drafted a team need at CB, Dee Miliner, and then drafted the "Defensive rookie of the Year," Sheldon Richardson. Geno was drafted in the 2nd round! Oh and by the way, we did have a need for a QB.

All League
    Incase he forgot, Vick is also an Idzik signing. So if Vick plays well it should reflect well on Idzik as well.

And as already mentioned, Geno isn't a 1st round pick.....he's essentially Kellen Clemens since they were drafted in the same spot basically.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    "If Geno Smith doesn't beat out Michael Vick for the starting QB position, then Idzik should be fired."

Heard this on the Ian O'Connor show. His reasoning is that Idzik ignored multiple Jets needs and drafted Smith to be our franchise QB.

Unbelievably O'Connor did not challenge this ridiculously idiotic and clueless statement.

Geno Smith was the THIRD pick for the Jets in the 2013 draft. In the first round Idzik drafted a team need at CB, Dee Miliner, and then drafted the "Defensive rookie of the Year," Sheldon Richardson. Geno was drafted in the 2nd round! Oh and by the way, we did have a need for a QB.
    If he was a top five pick the statement might begin to make sense but is really just idiotic.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Why must all these hack reporters call for peoples jobs?

Do they realize these people have families to provide for? Who are these "reporters" to put out that they want someone to lose their job? The media crosses the line quite too often. If I want a tabloid, I'll buy it or watch it. If I want the news, just f-ing report it. All these media hacks have some sort of agenda, it is so tiresome.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Why must all these hack reporters call for peoples jobs?

Do they realize these people have families to provide for? Who are these "reporters" to put out that they want someone to lose their job? The media crosses the line quite too often. If I want a tabloid, I'll buy it or watch it. If I want the news, just f-ing report it. All these media hacks have some sort of agenda, it is so tiresome.
    That's a good point. In an age of fake outrage and immediate firings, I think the general public is getting a bit tired of the theatrics. If media had accountability for ANY of their ridiculous statements and predictions, they'd all be out of a job even before our dreaded weather forecasters.
    There is no news, simply agenda-driven spewing to sell time or print. I thought Sal was above such Manish-like shenanigans. He should be ashamed of himself.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    That is a pretty ridiculous statement, kind of unusual for Sal-P.

I guess ESPN is getting to him....LOL.

Holy cow, the media gets dumber and dumber, and I like Sal Pal, he's usually pretty good!

Inherits a team with one the worst cap situations in the NFL and has them in one of the better situations just a year later.

Drafted the NFL's defensive rookie of the year last year + has introduced youth and competition at every position. The roster is now stacked at almost every position with just a few areas of weakness vs many in the past.

QB is no exception, 2 years ago we had Sanchez, Clemens, Tebow/McElroy.... Now we have Upgraded all of those spots - Smith, Vick, Simms and Boyd.

anyone who talks of firing Idzik, should instead be worrying about their own employment status as it's bat **** crazy to ponder this right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Inherits a team with one the worst cap situations in the NFL and has them in one of the better situations just a year later.

Drafted the NFL's defensive rookie of the year last year + has introduced youth and competition at every position. The roster is now stacked at almost every position with just a few areas of weakness vs many in the past.

QB is no exception, 2 years ago we had Sanchez, Clemens, Tebow/McElroy.... Now we have Upgraded all of those spots - Smith, Vick, Simms and Boyd.

anyone who talks of firing Idzik, should instead be worrying about their own employment status as it's bat **** crazy to ponder this right now.
    Idzik hasn't proven anything yet.Good or bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Alrighty then.

At the time I thought we drafted geno based on pick value.... seems the media pretends he was drafted as a savior to the franchise..

I know he was a projected first rounder..

But as I saw it he was a last ditch effort to push Sanchez, and a project to be a future starter if Sanchez failed again..

As it turned out he was forced into duty.. so let's see..

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Alrighty then.
    The jury is still out on him.Some people think he's done a great job. Based on wHat?

All Pro
    The jury is still out on him.Some people think he's done a great job. Based on wHat?
    Based on the hundreds of smart decisions he's made in the last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sensible contracts good draft picks and a under control cap with the ability to sign a player if a good one becomes available..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I just don't have the time or the desire to spell it all out for you.

If you really can't see what John Idzik has done for this team since his arrival, then I'd make a strong suggestion that you go visit your local optometrist.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I would bet that he didn't actually say this. That there is more to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I would bet that he didn't actually say this. That there is more to this.
    I'll take that bet, I heard the interview. It is probably available on the 98.7 website. Don't make a statement without evidence to back it up.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

I guess ESPN is getting to him....LOL.
    +1

Espn used to be normal - watching Baseball Tonight was a chummy, mercifully brief way to catch up on all the games. But at some point ESPN decided to take the drama-mama, "situation room" approach to everything they cover. It's utterly unwatchable at this point. It's a bloated wreck.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    At the time I thought we drafted geno based on pick value.... seems the media pretends he was drafted as a savior to the franchise..

I know he was a projected first rounder..
    That's absolutely correct.

There is no question that Geno Smith was the BPA when we took him in the 2nd round.

Where have you been?