Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 138

Thread: Sal Pal Makes a Dumb Statement about Idzik

  1. #81
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,550
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    What!!!!!!! He hurt his throwing shoulder halfway through the season. Before he got hurt we were well on our way to winning the division, or at least making the playoffs.
    In 08 he hurt his shoulder halfway through the season but he told the Jets he was retiring Tanny should have not given him his release that let him not retire and go play with the Vikes for 2 years..So in a sense he did quit on the Jets..

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    In 08 he hurt his shoulder halfway through the season but he told the Jets he was retiring Tanny should have not given him his release that let him not retire and go play with the Vikes for 2 years..So in a sense he did quit on the Jets..
    thats a good point, I forgot about that. I thought acquiring him was a good move though.The team was playing lights out until Favre couldn't make the throws the last part of the year.

  3. #83
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    885
    The Sanchez pick was the problem. Trying to force that to work brought them to their knees. Idzik is here now.

    So far so good. He seems to have a real long term strategy and blue print. Team Woody, Tanny, Rex..... I don't think so.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    The Sanchez pick was the problem. Trying to force that to work brought them to their knees. Idzik is here now.

    So far so good. He seems to have a real long term strategy and blue print. Team Woody, Tanny, Rex..... I don't think so.
    Drafting Sanchez was fine. Extending him, coming off the year he had is unexplainable. I still can't figure out why.That and the Tebow fiasco, is what did in Tanny.Woody had no choice but to look elsewhere.

  5. #85
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Drafting Sanchez was fine.
    Hindsight being 20-20 I don't think so. Many were of the opinion that bringing him into a veteran, older, win now, team was risky. He had a very minimal amount of game experience.
    Then they tried force feed him. He came out for the dough.... so I'm not making excuses for him. Good riddance....

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    Hindsight being 20-20 I don't think so. Many were of the opinion that bringing him into a veteran, older, win now, team was risky. He had a very minimal amount of game experience.
    Then they tried force feed him. He came out for the dough.... so I'm not making excuses for him. Good riddance....
    It was working........Then Wayne Hunter....Then happy feet.......Then a frightened QB.

  7. #87
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    It was working........Then Wayne Hunter....Then happy feet.......Then a frightened QB.
    The whole thing came crashing down...Godspeed To Idzik

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    The whole thing came crashing down...Godspeed To Idzik
    Lol

  9. #89
    The Vick signing was dumb because now he's going to outperform Geno in TC and preseason and there will be a qb controversy where there wasn't one before. And this isn't Vinny in '98 - Vick is way past his prime and can't survive an entire season anymore.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    The whole thing came crashing down...Godspeed To Idzik
    of course. I want all Dzik's decisions to be the right ones, of course. Im just gonna wait to blow up his love doll though. Thats sick......lol

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    What!!!!!!! He hurt his throwing shoulder halfway through the season. Before he got hurt we were well on our way to winning the division, or at least making the playoffs.
    That may have played into it, but he did quit at one point, IMO.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Idzik hasn't proven anything yet.Good or bad.
    and you my friend are nuts.

  13. #93
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Idzik hasn't proven anything yet.Good or bad.
    Are you kidding, I will stop short at saying the mentality alone with this team and how we approach,,, well, everything is 100% better. I said it before, the jury may still be out on Rex but the coaching staff has got credibility, we have players that seem to be coachable, not players to big for themselves they can't get through the door, the teem has depth and we have not one QB to win with, but two. One that with the team we have set up, can get us into the playoffs, and two, Vic, that if back to form can get us to a SB. I am not saying we are a SB team, don't quote me all.

    I never call anyone out here but man you have no clue what's been going on with the jets, this is definitely not the old jets "organization", it is 110% about building a solid franchise for the long haul and I credit it all to Idzik.
    Last edited by leftturn3; 07-27-2014 at 05:17 PM.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    and you my friend are nuts.
    In what way.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Are you kidding, I will stop short at saying the mentality alone with this team and how we approach,,, well, everything is 100% better. I said it before, the jury may still be out on Rex but the coaching staff has got credibility, we have players that seem to be coachable, not players to big for themselves they can't get through the door, the teem has depth and we have not one QB to win with, but two. One that with the team we have set up, can get us into the playoffs, and two, Vic, that if back to form can get us to a SB. I am not saying we are a SB team, don't quote me all.

    I never call anyone out here but man you have no clue what's been going on with the jets, this is definitely not the old jets "organization", it is 110% about building a solid franchise for the long haul and I credit it all to Idzik.
    we were 8-8 last year.The only reason we didn't lose 10 or more games was the job Rex did with the coaching staff he assembled.A coaching staff and HC who were going to be dumped by Idzik if we didn't finish strong.There isn't any way to dispute whst you and others say because your talking about winning in the future and long term succsess. Maybe your right, maybe your wrong. We wont know this for another year or two.

  16. #96
    Here is the Ian O'Connor show from this morning. It's the whole show, so go to the final segment to hear Sal Pal, it's around the 55 minute mark.


    http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=11271230
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 07-27-2014 at 05:34 PM.

  17. #97
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,171
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    You realize that other than Richardson, everybody else in our front 7 was a Tanny pick. And Idzik didn't want Richardson.His 1st choice was Tavon Austin.
    You are not making sense. If he didn't 'want' Richardson he wouldn't have drafted him. And the fact that you're bringing up a WR that was already gone and making that sound like it was Idzik's fault, kind of defeats your argument that he's a questionable GM because he didn't draft WR's. And don't forget he tried to trade up for a WR which also didn't work out.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    You are not making sense. If he didn't 'want' Richardson he wouldn't have drafted him. And the fact that you're bringing up a WR that was already gone and making that sound like it was Idzik's fault, kind of defeats your argument that he's a questionable GM because he didn't draft WR's. And don't forget he tried to trade up for a WR which also didn't work out.
    No VTN. I was just trying to remove a.little of the black cloud people were dragging over Tanny.People are giving Idzik credit for Richardson. If the z Rams didn't trade up for Austin, we were taking him. When Austin was gone it became a bpa pick.Which was Richardson.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    No VTN. I was just trying to remove a.little of the black cloud people were dragging over Tanny.People are giving Idzik credit for Richardson. If the z Rams didn't trade up for Austin, we were taking him. When Austin was gone it became a bpa pick.Which was Richardson.
    Give it a rest.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Give it a rest.
    Just answering a post by VTN. I agree though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us