Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pryor suffers concussion...

Angry Pryor suffers concussion...

- Larry Hardesty @lh987FM
    Rex makes it official Calvin Pryor has been diagnosed with a concussion and will go through the NFL's concussion protocol

Jets Insider VIP
    Our first-round punt protector.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Our first-round punt protector.
    Hey, we want to be elite on special teams as well. I'm hearing Geno will take Pryor's spot now.

Praying Pryor will be cleared in the next few days...but it'll probably take some time and they probably won't rush him back.

Geez. What's gonna happen when he has to tackle Ivory in practice every day?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Hey, we want to be elite on special teams as well. I'm hearing Geno will take Pryor's spot now.

Praying Pryor will be cleared in the next few days...but it'll probably take some time and they probably won't rush him back.
    If he doesn't miss at least a week, I'll be shocked.

Could be up to 2 weeks which means there is a very real chance he will miss the first pre-season game.

Not a good thing for a rookie trying to learn the playbook, regardless of how much natural instinct he has.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 07-27-2014 at 01:45 PM.

All Pro
    Swell.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 20m
    More
    Pryor actually got hurt on kickoff-return drill, not as punt protector. #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    More
    That makes a little more sense - but it still sucks balls.

More

Which means some moron in the media reported it wrong, and the fan outrage was all for naught... Shocking...

If you think a rookie, no matter what round he's drafted in, non-QB isn't going to participate on special teams in training camp then you should stop watching football and go watch soccer or tennis b/c you have absolutely no idea how football or the NFL works. What a whiny bunch of babies we have on this board.

Pre concussion protocol days, I'm sure he would have practiced today. However, in all fairness, its good the NFL makes players go through a bunch of tests prior to returning.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Which means some moron in the media reported it wrong, and the fan outrage was all for naught... Shocking...
    It's not all for naught. Pryor still had no business being out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Rex said it...

Either way. Let's just hope he's back out there soon!

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Geez. What's gonna happen when he has to tackle Ivory in practice every day?
    Freak accident. He probably got blindsided which would explain why nobody noticed the hit he took. If you don't see a hit to your head area coming it doesn't take more than a little pop with a shoulder to lay somebody out. Oh well.

I beg to differ. Rookies normally participate on special teams, even Lawrence Taylor played on Special Teams early in his career.

Give me a break he's a f'n safety in the nfl. Good luck trying to protect him from hits.

Jets Insider VIP
    I beg to differ. Rookies normally participate on special teams, even Lawrence Taylor played on Special Teams early in his career.
    Nice strawman argument you got there.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post
    If you think a rookie, no matter what round he's drafted in, non-QB isn't going to participate on special teams in training camp then you should stop watching football and go watch soccer or tennis b/c you have absolutely no idea how football or the NFL works. What a whiny bunch of babies we have on this board.
    Absolutely!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Give me a break he's a f'n safety in the nfl. Good luck trying to protect him from hits.
    LOL no kidding

I'm a big fan of Pryor, but how the hell is this kid going to be the next Lott/Polamalu type of enforcer that this board is making him out to be if he can't take a little contact on specials without getting hurt?