Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pryor suffers concussion...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL no kidding

I'm a big fan of Pryor, but how the hell is this kid going to be the next Lott/Polamalu type of enforcer that this board is making him out to be if he can't take a little contact on specials without getting hurt?
    Yep and this has me concerned.

LOL no kidding

I'm a big fan of Pryor, but how the hell is this kid going to be the next Lott/Polamalu type of enforcer that this board is making him out to be if he can't take a little contact on specials without getting hurt?
    LOL! Relax Fellas! It's the NFL. People get hurt. The Jets don't play next Sunday. Pryor will be fine.

Veteran
    back in the day they all got concussions just no one made anything out of it. no doubt lott and polamalu had their share as well.
    LOL no kidding

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    LOL! Relax Fellas! It's the NFL. People get hurt. The Jets don't play next Sunday. Pryor will be fine.
    /endthread

The panic in here is ridiculous.

He may only miss a couple of days, even with the protocol, seems the injury was freakish, players get hit, it's football. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post
    If you think a rookie, no matter what round he's drafted in, non-QB isn't going to participate on special teams in training camp then you should stop watching football and go watch soccer or tennis b/c you have absolutely no idea how football or the NFL works. What a whiny bunch of babies we have on this board.

Obviously the majority of you have no clue about head injuries and some of you have no knowledge of football. That is a fact. The majority of all NFL players have had a concussion at some point in their careers. Whether it was Pop Warner, High School, College or the Pros. That's just the nature of football. Our heads weren't meant to be smashed together repeatedly.

And for the people who don't know what they are talking about and comparing Pryor to Bob Sanders you're all idiots. Bob Sanders was only listed on the NFL Injury report once for a concussion. All of his problems came from his knee, elbow or biceps. So at least attempt to mask your stupidity by doing some research first.

http://www.kffl.com/player/9795/nfl/...ry/bob-sanders

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Nice strawman argument you got there.
    he's 100% correct. We may not like it, but rookies line up on ST (not QBs) no matter where they are drafted. No strawman to see there. You are just wrong and won't admit it.

45 players dress on game day. One is the punter, one is the kicker. Two are QBs. That leaves 41 players. How can you possibly field special teams units WITHOUT some starters and key players ???????? Unbelievable how some people have no clue.

Why don't people understand the difference between hitting somebody (defense) and getting blindsided and being a target (special teams)? And what does him playing safety has to do with anything?

Obviously the majority of you have no clue about head injuries and some of you have no knowledge of football. That is a fact. The majority of all NFL players have had a concussion at some point in their careers. Whether it was Pop Warner, High School, College or the Pros. That's just the nature of football. Our heads weren't meant to be smashed together repeatedly.

And for the people who don't know what they are talking about and comparing Pryor to Bob Sanders you're all idiots. Bob Sanders was only listed on the NFL Injury report once for a concussion. All of his problems came from his knee, elbow or biceps. So at least attempt to mask your stupidity by doing some research first.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Willie White Shoes View Post
    45 players dress on game day. One is the punter, one is the kicker. Two are QBs. That leaves 41 players. How can you possibly field special teams units WITHOUT some starters and key players ???????? Unbelievable how some people have no clue.
    Rex made a conscious decision to use any of the key players we have to play on special teams in order to upgrade our special teams unit. That's what he said yesterday. Don't act like he doesn't have another choice. And I have no real issue with using Pryor on special teams. Just not to be a punt protector. Thankfully that's not where he got hurt. He has no business lining up there, further increasing the risk of an injury. The other special teams snaps he gets as a gunner are fine and more than enough.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

I think you may be taking this a bit personally.
    Of course most of us arent in "the know" regarding concussions. We were just tossing some ideas and opinions around about whether or not he should have been in that position.
    You make some great points, but i dont think it is completely moronic and asinine to discuss the ramifications of the injury, and how it occurred.
    Its fun being wrong sometimes.

And you are getting Thunder Ray all amped up.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    That's what this is all about, better to know now.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    Back in the day they all got concussions just no one made anything out of it. No doubt Lott and Polamalu had their share as well.
    Yup...More than their share. This is about the new protocols.

Before that, and the lawsuits, he wouldn't have come out and he'd be on the field today, and we'd be none the wiser.

He'll be okay......It sucks, but if that's worse that comes out of camp we'll be happy 'bout that.

Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    back in the day they all got concussions just no one made anything out of it. no doubt lott and polamalu had their share as well.
    "I've had, I believe, eight or nine recorded concussions. We'll have another conversation after I'm done playing football," Polamalu told the show. "When you get your bell rung they consider that a concussion -- I wouldn't ... If that is considered a concussion, I'd say any football player at least records 50 to 100 concussions a year."

Crazy.

Awesome, our first round pick is a walking injury. Jeez. Looks like the safety position is going to suck again this year.

And to think that we had a real shot at competing this year.... kind of hard to do without an enforcer in the middle.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by GM_Returns View Post
    Awesome, our first round pick is a walking injury. Jeez. Looks like the safety position is going to suck again this year.

And to think that we had a real shot at competing this year.... kind of hard to do without an enforcer in the middle.
    Well at least you still have your Underoos.

WTF is it with these damn trolls getting banned only to come back to create new accounts to clutter up the board more with this BS?

The injury was a fluke but concussions become more frequent once you have your first. Pryor leads with his head when he hits so get ready to see him out every other week. No depth at Safety at all. Sign Ed Reed please even overpay him I don't care we have $23 million in cap room.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The injury was a fluke but concussions become more frequent once you have your first. Pryor leads with his head when he hits so get ready to see him out every other week. No depth at Safety at all. Sign Ed Reed please even overpay him I don't care we have $23 million in cap room.
    That's not really true. If you sustain another hit before the brain has healed from the first one, then you are more likely to reinjure it. Just like anything else - a broken bone, sprain, etc.