Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 102

Thread: CB Milliner says he will be in HOF

  1. #1

    Exclamation CB Milliner says he will be in HOF

    www.nydailynews.com
    =Milliner's lofty aspirations also include an eventual place in the Hall of Fame.

    "I want to be great," he said. "That's the difference between the players that are in the Hall of Fame and not in the Hall of Fame. ... You want to do great things. That's what I want to do."


    Milliner I'm not going to say somebody that plays the same position is better than me. Don't care if they've been in the league 10 years and I've been here five months. That's how it's going to go. I'm the best.

    -- Jets CB Dee Milliner, to the
    New York Daily News


    Milliner figures to be tested early and often in his second year, as the Jets will have to contend with some of the NFL's top wide receivers over the first two months of the season, including Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall and Jordy Nelson.

  2. #2
    Ehhhh, the title is a little misleading, but at the same time:


  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    2,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    www.nydailynews.com
    =Milliner's lofty aspirations also include an eventual place in the Hall of Fame.

    "I want to be great," he said. "That's the difference between the players that are in the Hall of Fame and not in the Hall of Fame. ... You want to do great things. That's what I want to do."


    Milliner I'm not going to say somebody that plays the same position is better than me. Don't care if they've been in the league 10 years and I've been here five months. That's how it's going to go. I'm the best.

    -- Jets CB Dee Milliner, to the
    New York Daily News


    Milliner figures to be tested early and often in his second year, as the Jets will have to contend with some of the NFL's top wide receivers over the first two months of the season, including Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall and Jordy Nelson.
    Man with that line up of wrs and passing offenses it would be nice to have had Revis this year. Pats were smart to bring him in for one year based on the schedule. Revis will have every chance to prove he is back to his old self and quiet guys like Sherman.

    Milliner needs a big sophomore year.

  4. #4
    Misleading thread title is misleading.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,352
    If anybody on the Jets is going to have this attitude, id prefer it Milliner.
    Milliner is going to be put in a VERY tough situation this season, and i think this is just self built hype to build up his confidence.
    Rooting hard for ya Dee.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca College by way of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,006
    Like the confidence. Idk though something tells me that by the end of this season McDougle is gonna be the cornerback that people will look at on the roster and see as a force.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,485
    He didn't say what the thread title says, but I don't like the "I'm the best" claim, not after his rookie season, which was horrendous. Dumb thing to say IMO, it serves no purpose

  8. #8

    Thumbs up "I'm the best."... gotta prove it on the field, son.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    He didn't say what the thread title says, but I don't like the "I'm the best" claim, not after his rookie season, which was horrendous. Dumb thing to say IMO, it serves no purpose
    ...well, that was my point--- I hope Milliner turns out to be a very good one--- but it sure

    is too early for this braggadocio...! I would say. Lets leave the bragging to Rex, he's made a career of it.

  9. #9
    Milliner just announced that when he gets bored being so superior in the nfl he is going to topple the government.. then the world..

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,762
    Here's another quote from the Daily News article. A little bit more to the point:

    "The best corner in the league? Me," Milliner told the Daily News in an interview Saturday. "I ain't gonna say that somebody else is better than me."

    Damn, I wish these guys would keep their mouths shut and just prove it on the field.

  11. #11
    DM's body of work at the end of the season certainly showed us that he can play.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    DM's body of work at the end of the season certainly showed us that he can play.
    That's different than saying you're the best in the NFL.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,092
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Ehhhh, the title is a little misleading, but at the same time:

    Legit lulz!

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,540
    Need Milliner to be as confident as possible, if this is what does that for him, say whatever you need.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Here's another quote from the Daily News article. A little bit more to the point:

    "The best corner in the league? Me," Milliner told the Daily News in an interview Saturday. "I ain't gonna say that somebody else is better than me."

    Damn, I wish these guys would keep their mouths shut and just prove it on the field.
    That's the same quote, except he didn't say the best cb in the league part, he was asked it?

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,518
    You guys were all saying the same about Sherman a couple years ago.

  17. #17
    I must have missed the part where he said he was gonna be in the HOF.

  18. #18
    I'm the best poster on this board...

    I mean really, all the guy said was he feels confidence in himself, most probably baited with a media agenda driven question, Milliner remained confident in his abilities...

    I have an idea, how about the media doesn't exist, that way players can't be asked questions to be baited into media agendas, and then we only have ourselves to speculate about what is going on in camp?

    Nothing to see here, let's move along...

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I must have missed the part where he said he was gonna be in the HOF.
    He didn't say anything of the sort, this is just another SOFJ circle jerk.

  20. #20

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us