Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sirius NFL Radio is at Jets Camp at 3:00 pm Today

All Pro

Sirius NFL Radio is at Jets Camp at 3:00 pm Today

Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan. Probably quick and shallow but I intend to listen.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Cool, I'll be on my way to play golf, gives me a chance to listen in the car on the way.

All League
    It's part of their training camp tour. It is definitely NOT quick or shallow. They usually spend almost the entire show discussing the Jets and will probably do 6-8 interviews including Ryan Geno usually Woody. Miller hates Geno so it will be interesting to hear what he says, he could spend the entire show talking about how Vick should start. Kirwan usually lets his guard down a little and shows his bias/fan leanings towards the Jets when he does the camp stops. Usually really good show, especially since the Jets are not in power rotation for discussion on Sirius too often

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    It's part of their training camp tour. It is definitely NOT quick or shallow. They usually spend almost the entire show discussing the Jets and will probably do 6-8 interviews including Ryan Geno usually Woody. Miller hates Geno so it will be interesting to hear what he says, he could spend the entire show talking about how Vick should start. Kirwan usually lets his guard down a little and shows his bias/fan leanings towards the Jets when he does the camp stops. Usually really good show, especially since the Jets are not in power rotation for discussion on Sirius too often
    Sounds good. Should have sent Brandt, who at least likes Geno.

All League
    Francesa is at Giants camp, so everybody please boycott that show

All League
    Sounds good. Should have sent Brandt, who at least likes Geno.
    Brandt is the "medias" biggest supporter I think. Miller hates him so it will be interesting to see. Guarantee Miller mentions how he liked Manuel better from that class at least 8 times.

All Pro
    While I like Kirwin on Siruis the guy made some horrific decisions while he was with the Jets. When you have an owner that doesn't know sh*t from shinola when it comes to football you better have a great front office.

All Pro
    Miller very positive so far. Says many of his questions have been answered. Kirwin positive on running game and front 7. Receivers better than they thought.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Thx guys ... Please keep updating us!

Thought I was going to get to listen but had some last minute B-S come up!

Don't feel like I'm being as cheated after reading these!

All League
    Pretty dismissive of Geno so far. Thinks that Vick should start or run the offense in the red zone. Kirwan says Vick throws a better ball than Geno. Not getting that impression at all from people reporting at camp each day.

Pretty high on the receivers, especially the speed we can put on the field. Like us in 11 personnel with Kerly, Decker and Hill Impressed with Saunders, think final WR spot comes down to Ford, Evans, Hakim. Evans inconsistent catching but they seem impressed with him.

See us as a ground and pound team, with play action deep passing. Not sure MM will go that way though.

Thinks Rex is not playing for his job, and that both lines are terrific. That's what we have so far.

Thing Amaro has long learning curve and will get limited play.

All League
    Thinks our secondary will have tough time with 6 game stretch where we face Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford, Rivers, Manning and Brady in that time. (It does look brutal...) Thinks we need to be trying to score 24-25 points in those games to have a chance. Thinks no where to hide in those games because at least 2 big time receivers to face in each.

Thinks Jets should have short leash with Geno and bring in Vick to finish games and then start Geno the next week. My opinion is that they way overrate Vick and just don't like Geno, or they are just trying to drive the headline controversy of Geno vs. Vick.

Think NE wins division easily, thinks we may compete for wildcard.

All League
    Rex:

Loves OL competition with Winters and Oboushi...reading into a bit seems like they think Colon could struggle health wise over full season

Thinks Geno is a zillion times ahead, much better physically and bigger, much better awareness and control in the huddle

Thinks Vick is a good backup because he can actually play, unlike Brunnell. Nothing Rex said pointed to any type of competition

Loves our WR speed, mentioned Gates first interestingly. Miller again impressed with Saunders

Thinks we are very deep at safety. Pretty high on Patterson, singled out Wilson. More neutral on McDougal thinks he can develop.

Less involved as coach, letting coordinators and position coaches coach. Thinks Dunbar should be head coach someday.

Does not really respect or fear fast paced no huddle up temp offenses. Thinks they are an opportunity for more three and outs that are faster

Thinks the team is close, needs to dial back some aggression and focus on opponents as enemy.

Singled out Demario Davis.

At end, Kirwan said that we will run more than Seattle, Rex laughed and said "don't know about that". Reading a bit into this, seems we may be a little more open on offense this year, maybe Rex letting MM really do his thing and we know MM likes to pass a LOT.

Hall Of Fame
    Rex:

Loves OL competition with Winters and Oboushi...reading into a bit seems like they think Colon could struggle health wise over full season

Thinks Geno is a zillion times ahead, much better physically and bigger, much better awareness and control in the huddle

Thinks Vick is a good backup because he can actually play, unlike Brunnell. Nothing Rex said pointed to any type of competition

Loves our WR speed, mentioned Gates first interestingly. Miller again impressed with Saunders

Thinks we are very deep at safety. Pretty high on Patterson, singled out Wilson. More neutral on McDougal thinks he can develop.

Less involved as coach, letting coordinators and position coaches coach. Thinks Dunbar should be head coach someday.

Does not really respect or fear fast paced no huddle up temp offenses. Thinks they are an opportunity for more three and outs that are faster

Thinks the team is close, needs to dial back some aggression and focus on opponents as enemy.

Singled out Demario Davis.

At end, Kirwan said that we will run more than Seattle, Rex laughed and said "don't know about that". Reading a bit into this, seems we may be a little more open on offense this year, maybe Rex letting MM really do his thing and we know MM likes to pass a LOT.
    Thanks for the recaps. Interesting how some people can have opinions that aren't based on the current situation. Vick threw the ball better than Geno last year. That's not the case right now.

All League
    Vick: (out of breath for some reason)

Likes group of guys and coaching staff

Really likes Saunders, miscommunicated on back shoulder to Decker. Seemed like Vick wants to throw it sooner, Decker wants to get separation. I am interested in what Geno prefers

Vick thinks the Jets defense is bizzare, very tough to have to go against it does not want to embarrass himself

MM wants offense to stay in balance so as one group adjusts others need to as well.

Vick thinks Geno's head in right place, pushing each other and having fun

CJ2K:

Playbook is hard, but getting it

Some key words are different...in Tennessee "P" words meant place so draw plays and draw first step, "P" in our defense means "Power" so first step is power step

Things injury and ability to come back from it is overblown, mentions Jamaal Charles and AP as people with more serious injuries that came back as good or better

All League
    Kirwan says he sees lots of 12 offense and thinks we may play 22 personnel as well

Kirwan thinks key player is Dmitri Patterson who has to replace Cro

Miller thinks "Chase" Amaro is key player for Jets season (seems to think that is his first name)

Then back into Vick again and how they can install plays only Vick can run (total BS), impressed with how youthful Vick looks, Vick doesn't need reps because he is so good. Pretty annoying, very dismissive of Geno, pretty annoying even though they admit Geno looks really good.

I get the impression that what Kirwan and Miller are projecting for the Jets is very different than what we will actually be.

Note: obviously behind in real time, pausing and listening in between sales calls.

Hall Of Fame
    They sound like complete fvcking idiots with those ideas of having Vick come in half the time to finish the drives or something...

Clueless jackasses. Gonna be very disappointed, I'm sure. Maybe we should all chip in and buy them some batteries for their Pasts* Vibrators.

All League
    Demario Davis:

Nice weather

Lots of installs, tough on rookies

Thinks we can be #1 defense but requires lots of work

Defense needs to work better on little things

Looks at schedule thinks we need to start fast and will be tough

Caught by hard count and made 6 or 7 penalties...

Not much insight, softball interview

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    They sound like complete fvcking idiots with those ideas of having Vick come in half the time to finish the drives or something...

Clueless jackasses. Gonna be very disappointed, I'm sure. Maybe we should all chip in and buy them some batteries for their Pasts* Vibrators.
    OMG that just fellated NE at the beginning of their camp stop there yesterday: top notch organization, rolled out the red carpet, best this best that, clearly best team and much improved over last year...class of the NFL...it was nauseating....I swear Kraft pays off everyone

Practice Squad
    Jets tried substituting QB's during drives with Tebow while Sparano was OC and that turned out to be a disaster. Hopefully MM doesn't try this.

Hall Of Fame
    OMG that just fellated NE at the beginning of their camp stop there yesterday: top notch organization, rolled out the red carpet, best this best that, clearly best team and much improved over last year...class of the NFL...it was nauseating....I swear Kraft pays off everyone

That organization is nothing but bribe money and Kraft can eat shlt and die. He's completely greasy.

As for the media and chumps like these, I really hope they keep it up. We play best when they talk garbage.

I wonder which loudmouth will be the first to pull a U-turn and start sucking Geno's dik.